WANTED - Walmart That Sell Firearms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Walmart That Sell Firearms

Doc Pathfinder
03-31-2009, 19:45
I am looking for a Weatherby rifle that is sold only by Walmart. A lot of the Walmart stores in my area have stopped selling firearms so can anyone tell me if their local Wally World still does. I know you all go there looking for ammo.

David From NC
03-31-2009, 23:13
I *think* most around me still do...

What you looking for??????? :supergrin:

JohnHoliday
04-01-2009, 00:43
The one in Winston Salem, Mount Airy, and Hickory all sell firearms.

cowboywannabe
04-01-2009, 00:49
Opelika Alabama.

Glockphobia
04-01-2009, 04:07
wont their online shopping gig tell you? anyways, batesburg,s.c. store sold guns the last time i was in there

Blitzer
04-01-2009, 04:12
I am looking for a Weatherby rifle that is sold only by Walmart. A lot of the Walmart stores in my area have stopped selling firearms so can anyone tell me if their local Wally World still does. I know you all go there looking for ammo.

Contact the corporate office. ;)

Carbonfly
04-01-2009, 05:14
Each WalMart in Cola, SC sells them, except for the one on Forest dr. (right next to Fort Jackson).

Eagle22
04-01-2009, 05:35
Not all Wallys sell guns. Even there web site says check with each store, guns not sold on line.

Time to start calling Wally worlds and ask for sporting goods section.

Doc Pathfinder
04-01-2009, 19:16
What I am looking for is a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic in .257 Weatherby Magnum with the desert sand stock. I saw one back in November in the Columbia store off I-26 near the mall. They tell me that stock was a special run just made for Walmart. Now they have reduced their prices down to what I think is a real deal but I cant find one in .257 Mag. Anybody see this rifle, Please help me. Thanks.

D-GLOCK17
04-01-2009, 20:11
Not all Wallys sell guns. Even there web site says check with each store, guns not sold on line.

Time to start calling Wally worlds and ask for sporting goods section.

Can't you still view the guns online and then try to select the appropriate store(s)?

I believe both of the Walmarts in Florence still sell guns. The one in Rockingham, NC does.

Here are others that you, ((the OP)) could also check...you could also try 411 to get listings for the Walmarts/

Wadesboro, NC
Laurinburg, NC
Hartsville, SC
Myrtle Beach, SC
Conway, SC
Greenwood, SC

There should also be quite a few within hours of you. The good thing is that there are Walmarts almost everywhere. If you are determined enough, you should be able to find one.

GOOD LUCK

Eagle22
04-02-2009, 11:31
Can't you still view the guns online and then try to select the appropriate store(s)?

When I tried I could view the guns, but not which stores had them in stock.

RoyRNC
04-02-2009, 17:34
I believe this is the gun you want from Walmart http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5057171

If so, all you have to do is order it on-line and pick which store you want it sent to (a list of available participaing stores will be listed). You can also talk to you local Walmart and ask if they can special order it. My dad did that a year ago with a Walmart in Charlott, NC and it was no problem at all. They shipped it to the store and he was called when it arrived and he went to pick it up.

Good luck.

southernreign
04-02-2009, 19:00

Monroe NC and Lancaster SC both sell firearms.

Doc Pathfinder
04-02-2009, 20:43
I have visited or called most stores in upstate S.C. and each one that does sell firearms has a few of these rifles in stock in other calibers just not .257 Mag. I was told they can not order any more of the desert sand synthetic stocked Vanguards for one reason or another at each store. They said since they were a special run made only for Walmart that my only hope was to find a store with one in stock and they didn't offer any help finding one. It seems like they are not very gun friendly anymore.
I guess I should have bought the one I saw back in November even though it was $100 higher then.

Thanks to all of you for your help!!!

NC Bullseye
04-02-2009, 21:31
Can you find out what the SKU number is for the model you want? It'd be real easy to check with that. It's takes the "dufus factor" out of checking. I'd check the stores in this area if you can get that.

Doc Pathfinder
04-03-2009, 08:13
This is what one store clerk told me it was -
VWT257WR40
Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic
.257 Weatherby Magnum
Desert Tan - stock
Matte Blue - metalwork

Again, Thanks for your help.

Sgt. Schultz
04-05-2009, 19:42
Each WalMart in Cola, SC sells them, except for the one on Forest dr. (right next to Fort Jackson).The Wal-Mart on Augusta Road in West Columbia sells guns but the one that is less 6 miles away on Bush River Road in Columbia does not sell them.

Tiger3100
04-14-2009, 18:28
Not sure of the wallys in SC, but here in NC I live in the Greensboro area, and I believe we have.... 5 total.... none of which that I know of sell firearms anymore. Which is a pain in the butt, but its okay, as long as they don't stop selling ammo they will be "ok" in my book.

glockluver
05-10-2009, 21:02
What I am looking for is a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic in .257 Weatherby Magnum with the desert sand stock. I saw one back in November in the Columbia store off I-26 near the mall. They tell me that stock was a special run just made for Walmart. Now they have reduced their prices down to what I think is a real deal but I cant find one in .257 Mag. Anybody see this rifle, Please help me. Thanks.
kind of far from your location but Henderson NC in Vance county has what you want.

Doc Pathfinder
05-17-2009, 21:00
Thanks for the info, Glockluver. I knew that there was one out there somewhere.