New Vocabulary Word [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Vocabulary Word

Glockrunner
04-02-2009, 07:06
When you hear unsavory language, you often hear the expression "Bull Sh**." It is not necessary to use such crude language, so that expression has become "BS."

Q. What do those expressions really mean?

A. It means that something is ridiculous, idiotic, a half-truth, or just stupid. It covers any number or negative formats. The dictionary defines it as: nonsense; especially foolish, insolent talk.

I have decided that I will no longer use either of those expressions in the future. When I have the need to express those feelings, I will use the word "Pelosi".

Let me use it in a sentence. "That's just a bunch of Pelosi." I encourage you to do the same. It is such a good word. It really packs a lot of punch. We are no longer being vulgar but it clearly expresses our feelings. If enough of us use it, it's possible we can get the word in the dictionary. That would be an excellent legacy for the Speaker of the House.

Blitzer
04-02-2009, 08:47
Like turkey sausage: it isn't turkey and it aint sausage it is = Serkey tausage?

bluenoise
04-02-2009, 18:01
When you hear unsavory language, you often hear the expression "Bull Sh**." It is not necessary to use such crude language, so that expression has become "BS."

Q. What do those expressions really mean?

A. It means that something is ridiculous, idiotic, a half-truth, or just stupid. It covers any number or negative formats. The dictionary defines it as: nonsense; especially foolish, insolent talk.

I have decided that I will no longer use either of those expressions in the future. When I have the need to express those feelings, I will use the word "Pelosi".

Let me use it in a sentence. "That's just a bunch of Pelosi." I encourage you to do the same. It is such a good word. It really packs a lot of punch. We are no longer being vulgar but it clearly expresses our feelings. If enough of us use it, it's possible we can get the word in the dictionary. That would be an excellent legacy for the Speaker of the House.

I like it. There was a Republican who was treated this same way. In fact, don't Google "santorum" at work. :whistling:

dictaearl
04-02-2009, 18:04
Good idea. I will have to remember to use that.

mymini40
04-03-2009, 07:30
will do that next time.

silentpoet
04-03-2009, 07:52
I refuse to insult bull **** by calling it Pelosi.