Among Ed for President- To run or not to run? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Among Ed for President- To run or not to run?

9MX
04-02-2009, 09:30
His being a priest is not an issue to me, I just wanna know he is anti-gun

What say you BOGs?

Allegra
04-02-2009, 09:44
maganda in theory
So was Cory
Kaso she spent most of her time as president defending herself against her power hungry enemies who thought she was weak
Malamang ganun din mangyari kay Gov

De Angelo
04-02-2009, 15:23
Separation of church and state is there for a reason..The greater good is sometimes compromised by being too conservative.

PMMA97
04-02-2009, 16:34
Blurred dito sa Pilipinas yang concept of separation. Almost to a point na totally disregarded.

As for Among Ed running, I think that he might win. It will depend on his PR people and how much airtime he gets on TV.

My .02

Poodle
04-02-2009, 17:13
For centuries, the religion and the state were not separate. This was true for ancient, biblical Israel and Ancient Rome. There was a favored, official religion. The KIng or the Emperor was an agent of that religion and part of his duties was to appease the gods (or God in the case of the Church). So Christianity was for a time persecuted by the Roman Empire. When it became the favored religion under Constantine, the fortunes were reversed and some Christians began persecuting the pagans, then the Jews (and the Muslims - but they invaded Christian lands first). Pope and KIng were both Catholics and Kings meddled in the internal affairs of the Church and the Popes meddled in the internal affairs of the State. There were both positive and negative results coming from this partnership. Negatve consequences were the Inquisition, the Pogroms, the Crusades, the With Hunt, the Lay Investiture that resulted in the corruption in the Church during the dark ages to name a few things.

A controversy between Pope Boniface VIII and Philip the Fair during the 14th century gave rise to an idea that Church and State should be separate. Marsilius of Padova later wrote the Defensor Pacis stating that Church and State should be separate with the State being supreme. It marked the birth of the Lay Spirit. This became a reality with the American Revolution. Later on came the French Revolution and Napoleon. In 1905, as a result of the Dreyfus affair in France, they passed a law separating Church and State.

The Church then was not favorable of separation and this extended even during the time of Pius IX. This mindset in the Church changed with Vatican II when the Church declared that there should be religious freedom in 1965.

I think that it's a good thing for Church and State to be separate in the sense that the Church does not have police powers and the power of the sword which could be abused. As citizens, members of the Church should and must participate in the affairs of the State and this includes making their opinions known in the democratic process. The Church can partipate in partisan politics through its lay members. The clergy are forbidden to become politicians (Canon Law - Canon 386 if I remember correctly). This is wise, because on hindsight, the state has the obligation to use police powers and the power of the sword (that is the power to take away life in the name of the State), order soldiers into battle to kill and be killed and these are not compatible with the clerical state. I would not want that terrible burden and responsibility as a priest.

Among Ed was 'forced' to enter the poliical fray and his intention was probably good. He has been suspended from the exercise of priestly ministry on account of his entering partisan politics. I don't think that a province can be run on good intentions alone though. One must have political savvy to convinced people and politicians to support your programs. Sadly, compromises would have to be entered into sometimes. Pope Gregory the Great spoke of this,lamenting that when he became Pope (he was a monk before) he had to deal with unsavory people. Among Ed cannot even tun Pampanga. With greater reason, he probably cannot run the entire country. He is a brother priest, and I wish him all the best and I admire him for his courage . But I also love my country and I have to decide according to what I think is best for my country. Among Ed would probably do better as a Senator or Congressman than an Executive. He could enact laws and hope that those laws would be implemented by the Executive Branch to the letter.

yo_joe
04-03-2009, 03:08
among ed running for president is the biggest no-no that could ever happen.

can you look at what is happening to pampanga now? yes, he was able to increase collections of quarry operations, but the whole province of pampanga is in a standstill. kasi di nya kasundo ang provincial board, no approved spending, so all the money is sitting in coffers of the province, whoever wins next yr's election will inherit a very huge surplus of money sa province of pampanga!

another thing is that nagsisi na ang mga taong nagencourage/nagsupport sa kanya tumakbo ng gov, umalis na sa paligid nya, i get to talk to them, and they are complaining WALANG ISANG SALITA, oo ngayon and change his mind bukas!
his mind is straight like a ruler, night and day, walang grey, kinda hard for everyday affairs.

its a shame that he has noble intentions but we also need somebody that knows how to run the country like a business :)

pogi
04-03-2009, 04:12
2 MAIN needs for a leader-manager:
1. intention to serve/lead
2. qualification

...all others like: sincerity, amiability and other ek-ek come below

Even a kaminero has the strongest intention to serve.
BUT, IS HE QUALIFIED?

A lot of ball players, boxers, media personalities, actors and actresses have the intention to serve. But again, are they qualified? Mentioning the fact that public service has 2 folds: administrative and legislative.
Mas madali ng konti kung Administrative. Kung Legislative...MADUGO YAN!

For some or majority of them or ALMOST ALL of them have in their COCONUTS that public service is PLAIN giving to the poor and the needy. They just think of: K.B.B.L.(Kasal-Binyag-Birthday-Libing)

If they are such...they DO NOT FULLY COMPREHEND that they are JUST ACTUALLY PROMOTING MENDICANCY!!!

Pag may humingi...BIGAY.
Pag may umangal...BIGAY.
This is their BRAND of PUBLIC SERVICE.
Abuloy dito-abuloy duon.
Pa-konkreto ng kalye dito-pagawa ng basketball court duon.

Are these enough? IS THIS PUBLIC SERVICE? or PANGLILIMOS?

Look around you.
Konting problema...ANGAL AGAD at ISINUSUMPA ang gobyerno.

HINDI KO NILALAHAT...pero marami ang ganire: Sino ba NAGLUKLOK DUN SA MGA HINAHANGAAN NINYONG ARTISTA-MEDIAMEN-SPORTSMEN ETC....na karamihan HINDI MAN LANG MAKAPAG-ENGLISH NG ISANG STRAIGHT SENTENCE NA TAMA ANG GRAMMAR AT TENSES. Makapag-English nga ng konti-wala namang ginawa kundi UMARTENG ABOGADO SA MGA INVESTIGATIONS na talaga namang SANGGANO LABAS!

Look at those statesmen na naluklok na di man lang MAKAINTINDI ng tama or makapag-English...LAHAT SILA NAGBILANG NG BUTIKI SA KISAME.

I am old. I miss the days when I used to listen to great statesmen.
Great names. Lawyers and non-lawyers.
Mediaman lang...pero his caliber is even better than those PRETENDERSwe have now...I'm talking about...Eddie Ilarde.

Listen to him talk...learn from his replies to inquiries...be awed on how he interpellates...

Why not just a choice between:
Among Ed, Eddie Villanueva, Mike Velarde, Ely Soriano, Quiboloy, probably Cardinal Rosales, Vidal etc etc etc.

If this happens, ALL I CAN SAY IS...
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ahtsay
04-03-2009, 08:09
They all can't win because they're not allowed/not in the position to cheat!:tongueout:
Pogi, ikaw nalang tumakbo....boboto ka namin!:supergrin:

9MX
04-03-2009, 09:35
I am old. I miss the days when I used to listen to great statesmen.
Great names. Lawyers and non-lawyers.
Mediaman lang...pero his caliber is even better than those PRETENDERSwe have now...I'm talking about...Eddie Ilarde.

true...you're very lucky. for unlike you, we're not fortunate enough na mapakinggan sina Mabini, del Pilar, Bonifacio etc:crying:

pogi
04-03-2009, 19:03
true...you're very lucky. for unlike you, we're not fortunate enough na mapakinggan sina Mabini, del Pilar, Bonifacio etc:crying:

HUNGHANG ka talaga!

9MX
04-04-2009, 06:23
HUNGHANG ka talaga!

:rofl:

jundeleon
04-04-2009, 22:25
Basta kami solid Bayani Fernando for President ! ! !

Pag di tumakbo si Eddie Gil or Ely "Spike Boy" Pamatong, si BF na boboto namin.

9MX
04-05-2009, 02:59
Basta kami solid Bayani Fernando for President ! ! !

Pag di tumakbo si Eddie Gil or Ely "Spike Boy" Pamatong, si BF na boboto namin.

kay Barrack Obinay kami!:supergrin:

New_comer
04-05-2009, 21:24
Gov Panlilio has got his moral aspect covered to a tee. What better qualification is there to ensure moral ascendancy over other candidates other than being a priest, or minister or imam for that matter.

The ability to govern is a different ballgame. The greater good comes before all other concerns, particularly over matters of faith.

There lies his weakness: he can't avoid the aura or temptation that he can be swayed by religious partisanship. We might be in deeper trouble with our Muslim brothers down south, due to his 'inclination' towards his vocation

Had Chiz only been older...

9MX
04-06-2009, 00:50
Had Chiz only been older...

my problem with chiz is not about his age. its his affinity with boss danding

ans3288
04-06-2009, 00:57
u need political machinery, not only popularity to win :wow:

my problem with chiz is not about his age. its his affinity with boss danding