What part of I stand ready to deploy.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What part of I stand ready to deploy....

deadday
04-02-2009, 15:39
...engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States...

Do people not understand? I had to deal with a couple "I just joined for the college money" dip****s today...If they had joined prior to 2001, then they might get a shred of sympathy.....But ****....what did they expect?

pt945
04-02-2009, 15:57
unfortunately they did not take the oath seriously. I have been privelidged to get to say it five times now (initial enlistment and 4 reups) those people make me sick. did i use my GI bill yep i did, did i use my VA home loan yep i did, but that is NOT why i joined. when we deploy this fall i will be honest i do not want them there with me. if you are not willing to die for your country get out of my military. that diploma in computer engineering will do you no good if the whole country is speaking arabic, hindu, spanish, german, russian, or any other language because people only joined for the money for school. well cry me a river put the pencil down pick up your weapon and follow me, quit holding a slot that a qualified soldier (marine, sailor, airman) needs so he can get a few more dollars and hopefully put a little meat on the table for his family doing what he loves and would be willing to do for free.

climbing off my soapbox now
sorry for rambling

sgt oakley

Glock Steady
04-02-2009, 16:04
unfortunately they did not take the oath seriously. I have been privelidged to get to say it five times now (initial enlistment and 4 reups) those people make me sick. did i use my GI bill yep i did, did i use my VA home loan yep i did, but that is NOT why i joined. when we deploy this fall i will be honest i do not want them there with me. if you are not willing to die for your country get out of my military. that diploma in computer engineering will do you no good if the whole country is speaking arabic, hindu, spanish, german, russian, or any other language because people only joined for the money for school. well cry me a river put the pencil down pick up your weapon and follow me, quit holding a slot that a qualified soldier (marine, sailor, airman) needs so he can get a few more dollars and hopefully put a little meat on the table for his family doing what he loves and would be willing to do for free.

climbing off my soapbox now
sorry for rambling

sgt oakley

+1 on that. I had a STUDENT (still finishing AIT) tell me they'd get pregnant before ever go to a line unit. Needless to say I was more then pissed.

The Maggy
04-02-2009, 19:57
"I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enimies of the United States of America"

If you are asking us if we really need a flashlight on our weapons... yeah you arent going to engage or destroy anything. 1 out of three for a pog isnt bad right?

SEAX
04-07-2009, 18:16
Yeah...had one of those conversations recently :upeyes:

What I wanted to do & say was; "What the F@&#$^ is wrong with you? You stupid $*@&#$&@ B!@*$!! What the F*@&$&^ did you think you were getting into, you F@*$&ing, fatass piece of whitetrash!!"

What I actually said was far more civil and constructive.

Some people are so dumb, they don't deserve to breed.

Paraiso1
04-09-2009, 13:30
We should just allow these people to leave the military. If they feel that way, who really wants them to be next to you??

Top Sarge
04-11-2009, 20:13
I Retired 11 yrs ago and unfortunately there were a lot of people in uniform at that time, I won't call the soldiers, who joined just for the bennies. I often wondered what they thought the role of the military is. Like others when I joined at 18 I didn't know for sure what I was getting into. Even a country boy from West Tennessee, me, could understand what "I will obey the orders of the President of The United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me" meant. I took that oath and never regretted it.