Glipsc 4-2-09 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 4-2-09

TreehugginGlock
04-02-2009, 18:45
Well, I asked for it and I got it. I asked for something different and it sure was different for me to be the head honcho in charge. With Dean on Spring Break and Greg laid up with the P-monia, I was oh so very thankful for all the fellas that helped me set up an IDPA style match tonight. Some of the rules might have gotten some of the fellas confused, but I think we all had a good time and it sure got you to thinking about what you were doing.

We started out slightly down range with 2 bad guy targets in front of us. We were supposedly walking our dog when the bad guys draw their weapons on us. At the beep, you engaged both targets with at least one shot then you shot each of them again for a a total of 3 rounds in each guy (tactical sequence for us IDPA folks), then you retreated to the barrel cover where you selected which side you were going to fire from (could not change side in the middle of this portion). You sliced the pie as you again engaged all 6 targets at least once before going back to reshoot them for a total of 2 rounds in each. Mag changes had to be behind cover and you could not drop a loaded mag (that's for them other folks, them IPSC fellers). It was very tricky for those who have never shot IDPA, but it's always nice to mix things up a bit and getting exposure to the different principles is lots of fun, if you ask me.

Well, here's how it shook out. Scoring is a bit different. You take the time, add any points down or no shoots or penalties to figure out what your overall time was. Least time is the winner. It means they shot it the fastest but were also more accurate, too.

17.75 John Haas
18.65 Adam Bomb (Mr. H)
25.15 Steve Dunham
29.59 Bob Klinglesmith
30.76 Brent McAlister
31.13 Otis Fox
33.30 Christian Elslayer (one handed, too :wow:)
33.53 Bryan Federico
33.73 Gary Lee
36.35 Leigh Ann Jeter
39.89 Tom Smith
40.77 Jim Gieger
41.38 Richard Wanke
41.87 Richard Kelly
43.32 Larry Tourney
46.82 Butch Harley
57.91 John Thompson

If you guys enjoyed this, Silvercreek Conservation Club in Sellersburg Indiana will be hosting our monthly IDPA match this Saturday. Registration starts at 9am, new shooter orientation between 9:30 and 10am, match starts at 10:30. Cost is $18 for non-Silvercreek members, $15 for Silvercreek members. You can shoot once with use before you will need to also join IDPA which is $40 per year and you can sign up at the match. Match this month is a classifier, so no concealment garment will be needed.

Gonna be a pretty Saturday morning. Come on out and play. If you need more information, go to www.silvercreekcc.org