Masons made in a "clandestine" lodge [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Masons made in a "clandestine" lodge

zoyter2
04-03-2009, 14:54
I have just a quick question for you Brothers out there.

If a man has been made a Mason in a Lodge that you state doesn't recognize (clandestine), can he ever be made a Mason in YOUR state?

If so, what must he do before he is a MM? Does he start at EA and progress normally?

Just curious. This has recently come up in my Lodge.

Batesmotel
04-03-2009, 15:44
I do not know the full story about this but this is what I have heard.

We are working with two brothers (actual blood brothers) who were duped into a clandestine lodge that operated for a short time and conned out of several hundred dollars each. This clandestine lodge was apparently formed by men who may or may not have been Masons. Until we met them Grand Lodge had only heard rumors about this clandestine lodge. We don't hold it against them that they were conned, we are just helping them start again on the correct path. They are just starting over as EAs.

This is the only situation I know of so other circumstances might be handled differently. From what I understand they thought they were joining a regularly constituted lodge and by the end of MM degree they realized something was wrong.

zoyter2
04-04-2009, 09:37
I do not know the full story about this but this is what I have heard.

We are working with two brothers (actual blood brothers) who were duped into a clandestine lodge that operated for a short time and conned out of several hundred dollars each. This clandestine lodge was apparently formed by men who may or may not have been Masons. Until we met them Grand Lodge had only heard rumors about this clandestine lodge. We don't hold it against them that they were conned, we are just helping them start again on the correct path. They are just starting over as EAs.

This is the only situation I know of so other circumstances might be handled differently. From what I understand they thought they were joining a regularly constituted lodge and by the end of MM degree they realized something was wrong.

Ours is similar Bates. Our guy was raised in Germany, in a lodge he said was "recognized" by the GL of Oklahoma. He wanted to transfer to us, after about 10 years of inactivity. I was hoping he was ACGL, who has a lodge in Frankfurt and which we do recognize, but neither they or the GL of OK have any record.

The PHGL of OK, stated that they "have no Mr. xxxxxxxxx in good standing (emphasis theirs), but wouldn't say that he had been made a mason in the PH lodge.

I hope the guy will want to join, even knowing he has to start at EA, after being a PM.

mmsig229
04-15-2009, 20:09
If your Grand Lodge does not recognize another Lodge, it is indeed clandestine. We ran into a similar problem in our district recently. We had a PM from Lebanon visit some Lodges in our district. It was found out later that the GL of Ohio did not recognize Lebanese Lodges. A district deputy advised us that we would have to politely not admit him anymore.

Gunfitr
05-03-2009, 10:59
In SC the man must renounce his membership in the clandestine lodge and go through the entire process, application, investigation, ballot box and degrees. Don't know about other juridictions.

Batesmotel
05-04-2009, 15:14
Thats the only thing that makes sense to me, just start from over from the beginning in a proper lodge.

filthy infidel
05-15-2009, 13:55
Our GL just voted to recognize Prince Hall masons, last fall.

We have had some fine PH masons at our Lodge since the ruling, and I attended what will be the most memorable MM degree ever at a PH lodge this spring.

Very exciting times, indeed.