Silvercreek IDPA - April Match Classifier Scores [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Silvercreek IDPA - April Match Classifier Scores

TreehugginGlock
04-04-2009, 20:46
Hi there, guys and gals,

So glad everyone came out on such a gorgeous day despite the fact that the machine gun shoot was going on and it was going to be the only really good day of the weekend. We could not have asked for a better day, nor a finer group of folks.

Thank you everyone for all of your help and patience as we made our changing of the guard. I hope to prove to be a good match director and stick around for a while. Of course, I would never be able to do it if I didn't have some amazing help. Thank you so very much, Tom Smith, for all of your help setting up, tearing down and SO'ing the match. You are a lifesaver. I also would like to thank Frank Humphrey and Otis Fox for SO'ing too.

We wound up having 23 shooters and 9 of those shooters were new IDPA members! Welcome aboard folks! We also had 3 new shooters checking us out. We hope we didn't scare you away and that you'll be joining us, again, in May. Per IDPA rules, you are welcome to shoot with us 1 time, but on your second match, you will need to join IDPA. Annual dues is $40 and you can join on the day of your next match at the range.

For my new shooters, I just want to remind everyone that you will be getting an IDPA rule book in the mail, soon. Please familiarize yourself with them. They are slightly different from USPSA rules and regs. I would like to draw your attention to gear requirments and exclusions, especially IDPA legal hosters and belts. We want to make sure we all conform to IDPA rules on these items.

Once again, thank you for joining us and come back to shoot with us next month. We shoot the first Saturday of each month (excluding June and our winter break).

Have a great month,

Leigh Ann Jeter
Silvercreek Conservation Club
IDPA Match Director

Houngan
04-04-2009, 22:29
IDPA is interesting, I'll try to make all of them I can, and see what the dynamic stages are like. Very professionally run and well-handled, Leigh Ann.

Matt

TreehugginGlock
04-05-2009, 08:41
IDPA is interesting, I'll try to make all of them I can, and see what the dynamic stages are like. Very professionally run and well-handled, Leigh Ann.

MattThanks, Matt. As I said, though, I could never have done it without the help of Tom, Otis and Frank.

Berretta9
04-05-2009, 10:33
Glad it went well.

380Super
04-05-2009, 12:25
Leigh Ann: Congratulations on your first IDPA Shoot as the "new" match director.

Gary

crump582
04-09-2009, 19:45
My brother and I are 2 of the 3 that went out to watch... it was fun and informational. I think we might drag out my Dad and give it a whirl next month!

Thanks for the warm welcome during the shoot.

TreehugginGlock
04-09-2009, 20:28
My brother and I are 2 of the 3 that went out to watch... it was fun and informational. I think we might drag out my Dad and give it a whirl next month!

Thanks for the warm welcome during the shoot.You are more than welcome. We were glad to have you there.

We will look forward to having you guys and your dad shoot with us next month. If you're not familiar with IDPA, I would suggest going to their website, www.idpa.com, and familiarize yourself with the rule book. It will go over gear requirements and exclusions as well as familiarize you with some of our terminology, etc.

We have our IDPA match at Silvercreek the first Saturday of every month, except June (due to the USPSA Indiana State match) and then we also take a break during the winter months, as well. The more shooters the better we like it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

See you next month.