Gunzilla, the worlds best CLP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gunzilla, the worlds best CLP

AZconcealedcarry
04-06-2009, 01:43
That's quite a claim, But if you give gunzilla a try you'll see why we think it the world best gun cleaner, lubricant and protectant.

Gunzilla BC-10 is a patent pending gun cleaning formula which was developed for the military, made from agriculturally based chemicals.

Gunzilla is a one step cleaner designed to clean, lubricate, and protect, all in one formula.

Gunzilla removes rust, lead, copper, plastic, carbon and even cleans corrosive ammo. It performs this quickly with a natural-base chemical, which is faster, more effective, and safer than water based formulas or petroleum based solvents. , cleaning is faster and easier

Gunzilla can be used on all smokeless and black powder guns, and eliminates the need to use soap and water when cleaning black powder guns. It also eliminates oiling after cleaning.

You will find among its benefits:

Low odor
No Phenol
No Teflon
Non-corrosive
No ammonia
Non-flammable
Airline safe (in checked baggage)
Natural chemical base (from plants)
No petroleum solvents
No hazardous chemicals
Soap and water cleanup

Check us out at www.gunzilla.us
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

AZconcealedcarry
04-13-2009, 02:39
I am interested in a couple of folks who are currently using a different cleaning product.

I would prefer someone who has been on the site for a while.

I will send you a free sample of Gunzilla.

All I ask, is an honest evaluation (post on this thread) .

pm me if your interested.

Thanks

Dan

andy4731
04-14-2009, 19:05
Dan,

I have been asking around about your product on this very forum, feel free to search my name. I have only used it as a cleaner a couple of times. I have really wanted to try Gunzilla out as a lubricant. I would be more than happy to write a review about it after I give it a shot (pun intended :supergrin: )

Please feel free to pm me or email me.

Andy

slate mike
04-14-2009, 19:28
How come I didn't see this before I ordered a bottle last night! Oh well. Will give it a review anyway. I've been shooting "Benchrest" for years and have become used to using some "good" stuff in my barrels and action.I did really enjoy the military reviews on your site. I have a son on his way to the Mid East right now and look forward to sending him some of this product.

South Fla
04-14-2009, 20:29
PM Sent

Send me a cap and I will wear it when I shoot at the State Law Enforcement Pistol Championships this June. :rofl:

BOGE
04-17-2009, 02:51
Gunzilla is crap IMO. It won't even remove carbon rings on revolver flutes with a bronze brush!! I asked for my money back & heard nothing. Weapon Shield is far better.

South Fla
04-17-2009, 10:43
I got my package in the mail today. I guess I now have to go and dirty up my guns to clean them!

slate mike
04-17-2009, 19:53
Got mine today and looking forward to trying it out over the weekend.

mv1
04-18-2009, 14:54
Got my bottle yesterday. Tried it out last night. Worked great for me. I was using Hoppe's (solvent and oil) and Breakfree CLP. The biggest compliant for me with Hoppe's was that the odor was way stong. With CLP, again odor and it didn't seem to break all the grime off unless you freakin sprayed halp the bottle on the firearm and then it would be too greasy. Gunzilla solved both problems for me.

How about a discount for repeat purchasers? :wow:

AZconcealedcarry
04-18-2009, 20:04
Let me know when your going to reorder. Send me a pm..

cpolk
04-19-2009, 08:59
I was talking with my friend the other day about Gunzilla and he loaned me a bottle. I used it to clean some of my more troublesome rifles that were filthy to say the least. First off there was no odor and the dirt, carbon all came off with little effort. All three rifles functioned flawlessly at the range, even my GSG-5. I thought ok, lets try it again to make sure. So I waited until I had put between 750 and 1,500 rounds through the three rifles and cleaned then again. Same great results. I'll be placing an order on Monday for the porduct as I'm impressed with it. It was nice to be able to try something before sinking money, which is tight for everyone these days, into the product.

Napes45105
04-20-2009, 16:54
Well, I recieved the trial bottle today. I took all three of my guns out to the range this weekend and did not clean them in anticipation of trying Gunzilla. I've always used Hoppe's cleaner and either Hoppe's oil or RemOil. Now, we're gonna try the Gunzilla:

The first thing I noticed was the odor...or lack thereof. As I stated before, I've always used Hoppe's, and the odor from that is very strong. The Gunzilla was nearly odorless, not completely, but for what it does, there is VERY little odor.

Now, I'm one of those people who insists on cleaning a gun after every use. I was very surprised to see how much crap was on the patches as compared to how much stuff is on the patched with Hoppe's. The Gunzilla patches seemed much dirtier, therefore pulling more crap off the guns. This stuff really worked wonders for cleaning up the firearms. There was even a very small amount of surface rust at the end of my shotgun barrel....not anymore. This is the same rust that has been on the shotgun for a few months...and the Hoppe's never got it off. Now it's gone and the thing looks good as new. Both the Glock and the 30-06 cleaned up very nicely as well. The Gunzilla came in a spray bottle, which was very useful in saturating the patches. That alone helped shave a little time off the cleaning process. Overall, as a cleaner, I am very impressed

Now, the real test: lubrication. Of course, we all know what little lube a Glock needs. I find Gunzilla to be perfect for that, because once you're done cleaning all you have to do is wipe it up and they claim it's lubed. Well, it seems to me that is an accurate statement. After cleaning, I test fired all three guns about 25 times a piece, just to see how they felt. Of course the Glock was fine...they hardly need lube anyways. I was really impressed with the shotty and the rifle. Everything felt smooth, just like they always have, except I didn't have to actually put any lube on them!

Overall, I am extremely impressed with this product. I cannot review Gunzilla as a protectant yet, seeing as how I only used the product today and I have no clue as to how well it will protect my fireamrs. This is definately my new cleaner and lube, and for the next few months, protectant. Should I come across any further results...I will post them here in an edit.

Gunzilla......a great product, everything it's advertised to be, and my new recommendation for your everyday CLP!!!

USMCSergeant
04-20-2009, 18:20
I recieved the Gunzilla earlier this week and waited for the weekend to fire all the weapons. It came in a 1 oz spray bottle, and also included a small straw for precision lubrication. First I'd like to say that I was in the Marine Corps infantry (obviously by the screen name) and I'm extremely particular about the cleanliness of my weapons.

I fired 400 rounds or so from my AR, 250+ rounds from my glock, and approximately 40 12-guage birdshot rounds from the Mossberg. My normal CLP is a military grade that was issued to me in the Marines, the only place I can find it now is at gun shows or from other active duty friends that have some on occastion.

The first thing I noticed was the smell, reminded me of plants. Nowhere near as strong as my normal CLP or Hoppes. The liquid is clear and does not have an oily texture. It also comes off your hands with soap and water.

I was skeptical at first, I have never used any CLP besides the military type, and Hoppes on occasion.. All I can say is, "Wow." This stuff is very potent, and I worked half as hard cleaning as I usually do with the other CLP. The lubrication is outstanding, the AR bolt rides smoother, the carbon is off all parts of the BCG.. and since I applied the Gunzilla 2 days ago, was still wet this afternoon. The spray bottle is very handy, and the precision straw works great for the lubrication holes in the bolt carrier group of the AR.

After I cleaned all the weapons thouroughly I went back to the range and fired 100 rounds through the AR with no malfunctions. I fired several types of rounds including Wolf, Remington, Fiocci, PMC..etc

The glock fired perfectly (as usual)

The shotgun felt very smooth and had no malfunctions.

AZconcealedcarry
04-20-2009, 21:53
Guys, I appreciate you giving it a try & welcome to the fast growing world of Gunzilla users.

By the way it's great on squeeky doors

Sigma40
05-07-2009, 23:26
What can I say that hasn't been said. Like USMCSergeant, I too was in the Marine Corps. I am very anal about my weapons. I mainly use CLP. Not the Breakfree brand. I prefer MIL-PRF-63460D. I might add that I do love the smell of CLP. With Gunzilla, like it has been stated, there is no strong odor. My wife noticed it right away. She hates the smell of CLP. I was very impressed with the cleaning aspect of it. The lubrication and protection of it has been great as well. One thing I noticed was the lack of the oily feel. I am very satisfied with the product. I wil definetly be using Gunzilla in the future. Boge, you might want to check the bottle of the stuff you were using. I had no problem getting the carbon off. I did use a bronze brush once. Personally, I think patching it the whole time would have worked just the same.

ubimow
05-10-2009, 17:42
I would love to try some if you are still sending out samples. If so, contact me at ubimow@msn.com. Thanks

BOGE
05-13-2009, 11:53
...Boge, you might want to check the bottle of the stuff you were using. I had no problem getting the carbon off. I did use a bronze brush once...

Used Gunzilla & their new copper cleaner Copperzilla and fouling on the cylinder flutes of a stainless revolver REFUSED to be cleaned using these. Tried bronze brush & bore brush. Never even smudged. I asked for my money back & heard nothing. Snake oil IMO.

Sigma40
05-13-2009, 23:19
Used Gunzilla & their new copper cleaner Copperzilla and fouling on the cylinder flutes of a stainless revolver REFUSED to be cleaned using these. Tried bronze brush & bore brush. Never even smudged. I asked for my money back & heard nothing. Snake oil IMO.

I guess you should have waited for a free sample, then you wouldn't have any money tied into it.

AZconcealedcarry
05-31-2009, 21:26
Did anyone make it the the NRA Meeting in Phoenix..did you make it by the Gunzilla booth?

South Fla
06-01-2009, 01:13
I received my Gunzilla sample and prior to my first range trip, I decided to give my test gun, an HK USPf.45 the once over. They had been sitting for about a month and I thought I'd go over them so I could start with both guns spic and span. I was pleasantly surprised that the smell didn't overwhelm me like some other solvents and CLP's that I've used.

I field-stripped the gun and sprayed a Southern Bloomer patch with Gunzilla and ran it down the barrel of the HK first. The patch came back with some black on it, which surprised me. I usually clean with Hoppe's #9 and thought the gun was properly cleaned prior to putting it away. This isn't a slam on Hoppe's #9, it just shows how good Gunzilla is. After cleaning the rest of the gun, I made sure that there was appropriate Gunzilla to lube the pistol with and I put the pistol back together. I am very pleased with the way that the Gunzilla cleans and lubes.

For my usage, Gunzilla cleans better than Hoppe's #9 and lube's just as well as Weapon Shield that I had been championing. Now, I can use just one product instead of all the other products that will now sit in my dry-box, unused.

I will be purchasing another bottle when this one runs out. I wish that I had found and purchased this product earlier.

ubimow
06-20-2009, 20:24
I received my bottle of Gunzilla and tried it out on my shotgun and my S&W M&P 9C. I shot the hell out of my shotgun today so I could try the stuff out on it. I was very suprised at how well it cleaned. I have used Hoppes Elite in the past and Gunzilla made cleaning much easier. After cleaning I worked the action several times and it feels very smooth. I cleaned my M&P 9C but it wasn't very dirty so I can't tell if it worked better than the Hoppes Elite or not but it sure worked well on the filthy shotgun. Thanks

AZconcealedcarry
07-22-2009, 23:46
That's quite a claim, But if you give gunzilla a try you'll see why we think it the world best gun cleaner, lubricant and protectant.

Gunzilla BC-10 is a patent pending gun cleaning formula which was developed for the military, made from agriculturally based chemicals.

Gunzilla is a one step cleaner designed to clean, lubricate, and protect, all in one formula.

Gunzilla removes rust, lead, copper, plastic, carbon and even cleans corrosive ammo. It performs this quickly with a natural-base chemical, which is faster, more effective, and safer than water based formulas or petroleum based solvents. , cleaning is faster and easier

Gunzilla can be used on all smokeless and black powder guns, and eliminates the need to use soap and water when cleaning black powder guns. It also eliminates oiling after cleaning.

You will find among its benefits:

Low odor
No Phenol
No Teflon
Non-corrosive
No ammonia
Non-flammable
Airline safe (in checked baggage)
Natural chemical base (from plants)
No petroleum solvents
No hazardous chemicals
Soap and water cleanup

Check us out at www.gunzilla.us (http://www.gunzilla.us)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

AZconcealedcarry
08-01-2009, 11:42
Dear Gunzilla Creators/Dealers,

I am specifically a WWI and WWII firearms collector. I enjoy shooting my rifles that I collect, however I often get the bores in not the best condition. I used to use products that dissolve, such as Hoppe's No.9 with little effect for my hours of running patches. Gunzilla changed all that. I encountered this outstanding product at the Orangeville Gun and Militaria Show in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada. After buying it and proceeding to use it on my rifles, I was amazed at how quickly the debris (lead/copper fouling, corrosive materials, even RUST) was removed from the barrels, and not in microparticles that had been dissolved, but in full "chunks". After examining the bores, I was astounded at how much of the rifling had been covered in these harmful materials, and that Gunzilla had blasted them away. A truly amazing product, I reccommend it to anyone who is looking for that perfect, "needs only one" cleaner for thier rifles, new or old! To the people at Gunzilla, I and my WWI and WWII Vet rifles say a happy thank you. You've given them a chance to shine once again.

Please feel free to use my name and the testimonial above in your pamphlets!

Yours from Canada,
Adrian D. Cherniak-Koeck

irishman001
08-01-2009, 12:24
How about a group buy deal for the GT crew? I would love to give this a shot with my S&W to try and clean up the build up of burnt powder on the cylinder.

tooldude
08-03-2009, 17:48
I have been using it this year, especially on prairie dog trips. Works good, other than not as good on the copper as sweets 7.62, but I use it as a chaser and it works great as a lube. I should get some for the indoor range I work at to try when I am cleaning the rentals.

Malladawg
08-08-2009, 13:17
How long does it take you to send out an order? I placed an order back on 08/02/2009, Order_00000654. I payed through paypal from my bank account, and it says it was approved (money is already gone from my bank). I went to check my order status today, and it still says in process. I only ordered from you guys since you are a sponsor here, but I'm beginning to regret it. Can you please follow up on my order?

Malladawg
08-08-2009, 13:39
I just got an email with a tracking number. That's much better service!

I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

AZconcealedcarry
08-08-2009, 23:11
sorry about the delay..I'll get that shipping refunded...ASAP

Dan

glock19gunner
08-27-2009, 16:04
I got my order and took my two AR's out to the range for some shooting. Used the cleaner that night and it worked alot better than I thought it would. I really didnt have to scrub anything at all which really surprised me.

The only thing I would suggest to change is the bottles it comes in. With the caps on tight the gunzilla still leaks on the outside of the bottles.

AZconcealedcarry
11-01-2009, 23:43
For heavy copper fouling..use copperzilla

www.gunzilla.us (http://www.gunzilla.us)

Ajon412
11-20-2010, 09:44
How is Gunzilla for removing heavy lead fouling from barrels?

John@JCDLESales
11-27-2010, 22:54
Sounds good but how well will it work on MG's and Suppressors?:dunno:

SPEEDGUNNER
02-12-2012, 16:32
Let's resurrect an old thread...with some current news. Picked up some Gunzilla at the Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg this week, and gave it a try on a couple of dirty pistols this weekend. So far, so good. I will report back after I use it some more, and try it on some older antique/collector pieces that have some rust and crud buildup.

I did find the gunzilla.us website, is it also available locally?