carrying on a construction site? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : carrying on a construction site?

packinaglock
04-07-2009, 19:00
I had a guy tell me yesterday that carrying on a construction site is a felony.
I don't recall ever hearing that? WTH?:upeyes:

Mr. Blandings
04-07-2009, 19:21
FSS 790.06 (12) (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC06.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%2006#0790.06) does not prohibit the carry of a concealed firearm or other weapon on a construction site. In fact, I don't believe "construction site" is mentioned anywhere in FSS 790.

The only logical thing I can construct from the questioned statement is that it IS a felony to trespass on a construction site in Florida, and armed trespass is an enhanced offense. That may be what confused the fellow.

Truffle8Shuffle
04-10-2009, 11:05
I used to do consulting work at construction sites all over Florida. I always had at least one gun locked in my glove box. I was never able to find anything about not being allowed to carry on-site but never did take it out of the car. There was a shooting at a plaza next to a job site I worked in Orange City that was the end of a police chase about 30 minutes after I left the site one time. That just reaffirmed my desire to keep a gun close.

Just make sure your employer doesn't have a policy against it so you don't get fired if you get caught. Keeping it in my car fell under the 'Keep a Gun in your car at work' law. My boss even ok'd it.