Be Careful To Get The Right Thing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful To Get The Right Thing

Guitar4Him
04-08-2009, 08:47
Just wanted to pass this along for everyone's information. This may apply across the board, but I know it's the rule at Wal-Mart. Be sure to get what you want/need when you buy ammo at Wal-Mart. They have a no-return policy on ammo. We found out about this recently when my Dad bought 2 boxes of 357 Sig, thinking he was getting 357 mag. Apparently, the clerk didn't read the boxes carefully and neither did my Dad. Actually, he didn't even know that 357 Sig existed. Anyway, they won't let him return or exchange the ammo....bummer. Read carefully before you purchase. Of course, with the shortages happening lately, you probably won't have a chance to make this mistake. Empty shelves seem to be the standard right now. :crying:

BTW....if anyone needs any 357 Sig, 125 gr, FMJ (2 boxes, 50 rounds each) send me a PM. I'm planning on putting it in the Classified section soon, but I'd love to find someone within reasonable distance of the Burlington area that needs it, so we could eliminate the hassle of shipping it.

Ken

Desert Fox
04-08-2009, 23:34
If I were closer to you, I'd take it off your hands...:wavey:

arj
04-09-2009, 01:44
ya know, you could always buy a glock 33 and use up the ammo:supergrin:
But i've never seen a place that will let you return ammo for the fear that people will shoot it, reload, and then try to bring it back.

MaximaDrvr
04-09-2009, 08:39
Are you in the Raleigh, Greensboro area?

27 Beck
04-09-2009, 09:32
But i've never seen a place that will let you return ammo for the fear that people will shoot it, reload, and then try to bring it back.

Same goes for gun powder in stores.

I read on another forum about a guy that went to Walmart and bought a 6 pack of synthetic motor oil. When he opened the box and took out a bottle, he found out the seal on the plastic bottle had been opened. Poured out some of the oil and no doubt it was used motor oil in the bottle. Some scum bag refilled the six bottles with used motor oil and put them back in the box for a return. Easily done if oil removed from the bottom of the box as the top seal remains intact.

Guitar4Him
04-09-2009, 12:42

I live in Burlington. I work in Greensboro and occasionally work in Durham and Winston-Salem.

Ken

Thx-1138
04-09-2009, 14:56

Burlington is basically exactly halfway between Raleigh and Greensboro.

You know that tiny little town that you drive past - say, I85/I40, exits 148 through 139? JR Cigars? Yep, Burlington.

IMO, RENT A G33, and shoot the boxes. Sure, it's an extra investment, but this is Walmart ammo - surely you wanted it for range practice anyway, right?

MaximaDrvr
04-09-2009, 15:17
I'll buy them from you.

I'll be going through Burlington twice on sunday.
Sent PM

jdwatson
04-09-2009, 19:04
Burlington is basically exactly halfway between Raleigh and Greensboro.

You know that tiny little town that you drive past - say, I85/I40, exits 148 through 139? JR Cigars? Yep, Burlington.

IMO, RENT A G33, and shoot the boxes. Sure, it's an extra investment, but this is Walmart ammo - surely you wanted it for range practice anyway, right?

Great airport, some nice farm roads to ride along.