surveillance system setup help?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : surveillance system setup help??

kappax12
04-08-2009, 12:05
anyone know any idea on how to setup a surveillance system for business.

i want to hook up at least 6 camera to a desktop/laptop with a huge harddrive to record 24hrs daily.

i did search but all i see is camera to dvr system not to computer.

GSD/G23
04-08-2009, 12:37
You will likely have to addd the correct card to your computer but that's about it. Depending on circumstances sometimes it's easier and cheaper to buy a stand alone system. Check this site out, they have been helpful in the past. There is alot of free & useful info. there.
Good Luck

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/

fireguy129
04-09-2009, 19:55
Im scanning through for help on connecting my dvr system to my network. I think you should look for a network capable dvr, unless you can figure out how to hook up 6 cameras to your pc. I hooked up a 4 camera dvr to my network, and installed the software on my pc. Now I can't get my router to allow the connection.
But back to your question, I think a decent dvr would be more helpful. Check out super circuits or ICRealtime.

MavsX
04-10-2009, 05:34
Im scanning through for help on connecting my dvr system to my network. I think you should look for a network capable dvr, unless you can figure out how to hook up 6 cameras to your pc. I hooked up a 4 camera dvr to my network, and installed the software on my pc. Now I can't get my router to allow the connection.
But back to your question, I think a decent dvr would be more helpful. Check out super circuits or ICRealtime.

port forwarding ?

Glockphobia
04-17-2009, 04:01

check out PELCO dvr's. we've got three of them at work. they come with the software to enable viewing on LAN and over the internet. they're not cheap - 4ch w/cd-r drive,usb drive and 250 gig HD was $1200.00. EDIT - link:http://www.pelco.com/Products/default.aspx?id=510

as far as the setup you have now, check your virus software/firewall settings to allow the program and the IP ADD for the dvr.

betyourlife
04-23-2009, 22:20
For IP cameras, you want to use an NVR or Network Video Recorder. Intellex and Pelco are good brands.

You could also get a hybrid DVR/NVR for more flexibility but also more money.

Also, just so you know, you can use twisted pair to tie an IP camera into a DVR if you like.

kappax12
04-23-2009, 23:12
i was trying to gather information to set up a camera system to a computer so i can utilize the hard drive which i thought was a cheaper route, i wasn't planning on doing remote view since i don't have internet connection, it just a small convenience store.

so i guess the most convenient and most bang is to go with a stand alone dvr system.
now i don't know which one,

i need a min. of 4 camera or max of 6 with a big hard drive, 2 outside camera and 2 inside, prefer the system to be under $800. possible find? screen also?

thanks for the reply