Ken Null USH: Subcompact Glock girls take note! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ken Null USH: Subcompact Glock girls take note!

Cat91
04-10-2009, 16:33
Hell to the Yeah!

Hubby wanted me to change out my method of carry. I've always packed full size autos and I don't trust anything under .40, though he swears by his 9mm.

Full size autos can't be easily carried on body when you wear nice suits like I wear every day. Nor are they particularly confortable for someone whose waist is smaller than her enormous hips. I get hammer-in-ribs or in my kidneys, and my clothes don't fit right. When I work in the field with police (I'm a state prosecutor) I wear a horizontal shoulder rig, but that's so not practical under my suits. You can totally see it. Not cool.

Hubby hates me packing in my Coronado. "Someone's gonna rip your purse! You're gonna get shot! You need to carry it on you! My kitty's gonna get bent!" He was out of work and obsessing on me. It was annoying.

Then he got a job. And the Very. First. Thing. he did was to go buy me a Glock 27. His rationale is that the Sheriff's Office (I work mostly with them) carries Glock 22s. Same ammo, same magazines. It's .40 so I'll carry it. I've had three Glocks (a 19 and 2 23s), they didn't work out because too big to carry on me and other pistolas in full size work better for me. The 27 has a smaller grip and with Pearce +1s it feels pretty darn good. He gives me the gun and tells me "Now go round up a set of night sights, Pearce adapters, and get a *&@%^! decent carry method, PLEASE!"

Trolling the 'net I discovered www.klnullholsters.com . Ken Null is so very nice. And FAST. I saw the Unique Shoulder Holster, called the USH, on his site. I called up there and got Mr. Null himself! Wow! I ordered over the phone and had it in my hands in FIVE DAYS. The USH is horsehide, a clamshell rig that has two snaps. It is designed for the Glock subcompacts and has a nonremovable strap over the back. It is suspended by a three-way polymer strap with a sort of plush material on the side closest to the body and is adjusted by D rings. The holster itself is suspended by a "Y" arrangement, and a long strap comes off the ring over your neck and shoulder to your waist and terminates in a spring loaded locking alligator clip that you can snap over a belt, or your jeans, or even the waist of your skirt!

Adjustment is key, because the gun rides high, in line with your breasts. The back strap of the Y leading to the center D ring of the harness has to be tight, because you pull the gun by grabbing the butt and twisting out to release the snaps. It's easy to grab because the gun hangs vertical, butt-down. It feels snug, but not obnoxious, and has to be adjusted again if I want to wear it under a T shirt next to the skin rather than over a T shirt and under a light jacket. The straps come with plenty of length and need to be cut to fit, just leave room to pull them in and out for fine adjustment to fit whatever you are wearing.

Even with Pearce +1s installed, the 27 virtually DISAPPEARS when I have it under a semi-loose T-shirt! You have to know where the gun is and be looking for it to see it. If I wear it over a shell top or blouse and under a light jacket the result is even better! I'm liking this, it feels comfortable and I can't wait to try it long term, see if it is a practical alternative to my purse.

Cost for the horsehide version like I got is $110. It came in black with a black harness, I ordered it like that for wear over my usual dark shell tops and under a light blazer or Israeli bodyguard jacket. You can get it in white, also. It's form-fitted to the gun and I really like it.

O'DubhGhaill
06-18-2010, 10:52
Apologies for intruding, but I really appreciated your post. Everywhere Mr. Null's site is linked, however, I come up with a 403 Forbidden message. I am very interested in his shoulder holsters, for all the same reasons you enjoy your USH, although I have yet to actually see one. Any pictures of yours? I will carry a G26 in mine, whatever shoulder rig that may end up being. Thank you in advance.

ExxoticOne
06-18-2010, 17:02
Hubby wanted me to change out my method of carry.

Hubby hates me packing in my Coronado.

Then he got a job. He gives me the gun and tells me "Now go round up a set of night sights, Pearce adapters, and get a *&@%^! decent carry method, PLEASE!"

Can you do anything without his input? :rofl:

ExxoticOne
06-18-2010, 17:09
Everywhere Mr. Null's site is linked, however, I come up with a 403 Forbidden message.

Here's a pic:

http://www.delfatti.com/New%20photo%20series%20for%20web%20site/Null-SMZ-series.jpg

ExxoticOne
06-18-2010, 17:10
Everywhere Mr. Null's site is linked, however, I come up with a 403 Forbidden message.

This is the only thing I could find:

http://www.delfatti.com/New%20photo%20series%20for%20web%20site/Null-SMZ-series.jpg

O'DubhGhaill
06-18-2010, 18:44
Thanks very much for the pics. I am trying to imagine a G26 in that thing, pointing directly up at my chin when I turn to the left. Is the USH much different? I found Ken Null's telephone number and left a message.

sawgrass
06-19-2010, 09:21
Are they all designed for the gun to point at your head??

Cat91, can you post a pic of your horse hide rig?
That plastic thing looks uncomfortable.

I didn't have any luck with his links either.

SG

wrencher
06-19-2010, 09:28
I've been considering a shoulder holster for some time, anyone ever try this one?
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Under_Armor/under_armor.html

ExxoticOne
06-19-2010, 10:10
Are they all designed for the gun to point at your head??

That plastic thing looks uncomfortable.

This "thing" reminds me of those old maxi-pad belt contraptions from 30 or so years ago.

PATRICE
06-19-2010, 10:18

Zonny
06-19-2010, 10:51
Patrice, why do you post in yellow? :popcorn:

PATRICE
06-19-2010, 11:30

Lone_Wolfe
06-19-2010, 11:56
"Hubby hates me packing in my Coronado. "Someone's gonna rip your purse! You're gonna get shot! You need to carry it on you! My kitty's gonna get bent!" He was out of work and obsessing on me. It was annoying.
He gives me the gun and tells me "Now go round up a set of night sights, Pearce adapters, and get a *&@%^! decent carry method, PLEASE!"

Hhmmm...as a 3 y/o I once knew used to say..."I been thinking...."

Let's see, why is it that women carry purses? Hhmmm...why is it that guys don't carry purses? Without expatiating on the myriad reasons for women carrying purses...or fixating on the preeminent reason or two guys don't carry one.... It's a fact of life, by & large, that we carry purses. We have a lifetime of experience carrying, managing, and protecting this "carry-method" for our stuff. I'm thinking that there is a near unbridgeable cultural divide here, which renders guys incapable of genuinely appreciating/comprehending the reason for & necessity of the "purse." I'm thinking that if guys needed/had to carry a purse, they would be more understanding/tolerant/forgiving of the bio-cultural consequences that necessitated the development & nearly ubiquitous utilization of hand- & shoulder-bags for a woman's "personal carry." [I.E., Women carry purses containing important stuff. Guys...get over it!.]

Oh, well...I'm getting lost here, in my own thoughts & rhetoric. Suffice to say, there are times, more often than not, where there is no viable alternative to carrying in a purse (whether it be our wallets, our firearms, etc.).--Patrice :shoe:

P.S. As far as shoulder-holster's go...I won't do a topsy-turvy, vertical carry. While I might risk shooting my _ _ _-off, I'll pass on a negligent discharge taking-off the other end.

While I'm not an advocate myself, that's the best case I've ever heard for purse carry. :thumbsup:

Hhmmm... Well, on my screen, it's a lighter shade of GT's flesh-tone wallpaper. I thought that doing so would be a consideration to the more traditionally-conservative women who sometimes post in this subforum (i.e., those who haven't placed me on their "ignore list")--in the respect that my personal opinions wouldn't just jump out at them, unless they worked at being offended a little bit [:cool:]. Also, if someone chooses to paste/quote me in their reply...it's darn near invisible...again, unless one uses some intelligence & works at it a little bit.]

Also...I'm eccentric, but I'm thinking that persons crazier than me post on GT....--Patrice

So if you don't pull the color tags before you quote her it looks like this..

Of course if you remove the [COLOR="Wheat" ][/COLOR ] it comes out normal like this...

Hhmmm... Well, on my screen, it's a lighter shade of GT's flesh-tone wallpaper. I thought that doing so would be a consideration to the more traditionally-conservative women who sometimes post in this subforum (i.e., those who haven't placed me on their "ignore list")--in the respect that my personal opinions wouldn't just jump out at them, unless they worked at being offended a little bit [:cool:]. Also, if someone chooses to paste/quote me in their reply...it's darn near invisible...again, unless one uses some intelligence & works at it a little bit.]

Also...I'm eccentric, but I'm thinking that persons crazier than me post on GT....--Patrice

Oh, and that "crazier than me" comment? I resemble that remark! :rofl: :animlol:

Lone_Wolfe
06-19-2010, 13:14
P.S.-ii: Zonny/Anyone, if you can read this...pm me!

PM sent

O'DubhGhaill
06-21-2010, 11:21
Thanks very much for the pics. I am trying to imagine a G26 in that thing, pointing directly up at my chin when I turn to the left. Is the USH much different? I found Ken Null's telephone number and left a message.

Website is up - Ken returned my call today - he was on vacation!

hunter899
06-21-2010, 19:56
Hay check out www.peaceholsters.com. The lady there make the holsters And she carrys to. she makes a bp model that is the most comfortable I have ever worn. You can call and talk to her her number is on her site. And she is fast. I got mine from her in about a week.

glockpacker
06-22-2010, 16:09
I haven't been nosy enough to look into women's issues before. I loved the thread about walking dogs with a robe on and such, but now there's one glaring thing here.

There was a Patrice, and she left on the 19th.

I hate to see people leave. What happened???

PATRICE
06-22-2010, 17:09

glockpacker
06-22-2010, 23:02
Oh, good!

With your posts evaporated, I thought you had faded with them!

(I looked for yellow text, and I couldn't find anything... not even yellow snow)

Lone_Wolfe
06-23-2010, 01:33
:piano:
[]Huh??? Did I go somewhere??? I'm here:wavey:, at least I think I am. :shocked:--Patrice [Ahhh...that's sweet, he missed me.]

Hey, are you taking requests on that piano? :supergrin:

Oh, good!

With your posts evaporated, I thought you had faded with them!

(I looked for yellow text, and I couldn't find anything... not even yellow snow)

Actually her posts are still here. Just look at my answering posts, I quoted her. :wavey:

P. S. Don't eat yellow snow. :whistling: