Dixie Gun and Knife Show Charlotte, NC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Gun and Knife Show Charlotte, NC

Plyr58
04-10-2009, 21:44
Anyone ever been to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Charlotte? I live in Greensboro and my wife works on Saturday, so I was wondering if it was worth making a day trip.

Screaming .357G
04-10-2009, 21:45
Most of the time they have pretty good shows but I like the C&E shows better.

lespaul85
04-13-2009, 21:37
I've gone to every C&E and Dixie show in Charlotte and several in Raleigh for the past few years and I'm way partial to Dixie any more. They've stolen some of the better vendors almost completely away from C&E like Ed's Gun shop and a few others. C&E is better than nothing but Dixie is usually much bigger nowadays. Main reason being to my understanding is that Dixie has never cancelled a show while C&E has.

However, it's crowded as anything lately and I doubt either will be cancelling any one any time soon. The raleigh show tends to be a bit easier to get around with wider isles. However, you need to get there early. I've stood in long lines at both Raleigh and Charlotte. If you get there around opening on Saturday you'll get in fairly quick, but any time between 9:30 and noon on the first day and forget it, lines will be rediculous. Saturday afternoon or Sunday is a little better but you'll miss the good deals if any.

Plyr58
04-16-2009, 09:38
Well, I think I am going to head down to Charlotte on Saturday for the show. Should be interesting. Ill report back if I find anything great.

Plyr58
04-16-2009, 19:05
I take it open carry is not frowned upon?

lespaul85
04-16-2009, 22:20
I take it open carry is not frowned upon?

As long as it's not loaded. They'll check your gun and zip-tie it. If you're not looking to sell it, there's no reason to bring it in.

EDIT: The other reason not to bring it is the LINE to get your gun checked. you can skip past that line if you have no guns, and that includes a gun in a case