1 week thread to ck on MS Glockers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1 week thread to ck on MS Glockers

GunOneDown
04-10-2009, 22:10
I am going to watch this thread a week to see if their is any life form in MS.
Kick it up a notch people, get posting.

CATATOMIC
04-11-2009, 01:13
It's funny that a couple of years ago we all talked everyday about two or three different topics. Now it's like a ghost town. I'll admit that for a long time I would pass right by here while on GT and never stop to see what was up. I'm back into the habit of checking here everyday. I even get time between catching bad guys..maybe I shouldn't have said that. :whistling:

WileyG27
04-11-2009, 02:01
I am going to watch this thread a week to see if their is any life form in MS.
Kick it up a notch people, get posting.

And if we don't post, whatcha gonna about it tough guy??? Huh???

:supergrin:

1985 4Runner
04-11-2009, 13:54
I stop by but rarely see anyone. I'm down in Gulfport.

xd357
04-11-2009, 17:40
hello

GunOneDown
04-11-2009, 20:49
wiley, I going to do nothing but keep checking to see if there still are people in the great state of MS. You posted,so I know you are alive and looked in MS Glockers. Thanks,

bigsig
04-12-2009, 07:20
Whoa, easy fellas! I think G.O.D. was just trying to see if he can bring some life back to the club. There are a few new members now and would like to talk to locals. If you know any and they have drifted away do to lack of participation let them know that there are still some Glockers in MS that may want to shoot the ***t.
85 4runner, I'm in Hancock county, but work in gulfport.

SingingRiver
04-12-2009, 22:23
I also stop by, but rarely see anybody. I live in SE MS:wavey:

GunOneDown
04-13-2009, 12:14
keep visiting and post for MS to get some movement. thanks for posting.

tenholewheels
04-13-2009, 17:54
i am really in a non shooting rut.

my best friend and shooting buddy died, and i just don't feel
like shooting anymore.

is there a gunshow this weekend in hattiesburg?

why don't we all meet up over there for a meet and greet.

i think that would be a hoot.

CATATOMIC
04-13-2009, 19:11
Gun show in Hattiesburg April 25-26.

bigsig
04-13-2009, 19:49
Gun show in Poplarville (poplarville fair grounds) April 18-19. Where at in Hattiesburg? I could probally do the meet and greet. How about you G.O.D.? Are you up for meet and greet in H-town?

CATATOMIC
04-13-2009, 20:12
Forest County Multi-Purpose Center. I won't get to make the gun show in H-town. I have to work that day. Plus I went to the show in Laurel last month and did about $700 bucks worth of damage. Here's a link to a site that gives all the dates, times and places of Mississippi Gun Shows.

http://www.mississippigunshows.com/

GunOneDown
04-13-2009, 20:16
not this weekend for sure. Matches @ SMGA I will be attending and your welcome to go. Next weekend however I might can do. Probably Sunday afterlunch would be best for me.
Might fish on Sat if weather good. COBIA are coming.

WileyG27
04-14-2009, 22:46
Whoa, easy fellas! I think G.O.D. was just trying to see if he can bring some life back to the club.

IT'S A JOKE!!! Didn't you see the smiley below the message???

Don't get all sensitive like you're from Alabama or something!

:supergrin: <<<<< pay attention to it this time!

1985 4Runner
04-15-2009, 07:14
Whoa, easy fellas! I think G.O.D. was just trying to see if he can bring some life back to the club. There are a few new members now and would like to talk to locals. If you know any and they have drifted away do to lack of participation let them know that there are still some Glockers in MS that may want to shoot the ***t.
85 4runner, I'm in Hancock county, but work in gulfport.

Cool.

I'm also a member of the Pascagoula Shooting Club.

I was going to join the Mississippi Gulf Coast Shooting Club, but when they doubled their range dues that sealed the deal for me.

GunOneDown
04-15-2009, 08:51
I thought about that club, too many people for me. I am in SMGA south of Stennis on 607. nice place

Cyberwaste
04-15-2009, 22:31
Well I'm going to the gun show in the burg next weekend on sat. so I would meet and greet that day!

1985 4Runner
04-16-2009, 10:01
I'll miss the show due to being out of town.

GunOneDown
04-17-2009, 21:01
:tongueout: week is up. we almost got a dozen. we do have some movment atleast.
yall keep posting. new topics welcome.

NRA_guy
04-18-2009, 06:59
I used to come here often but not much any more. If we could post FTF deals here, it would be much more useful to me.

And my part of the state (Vicksburg) is full of gun owners---but they exist only to deer hunt, not to shoot. :tongueout: So we cannot support a gun range, because everybody sights in their scope on their deer rifle at their deer camp.

1985 4Runner
04-18-2009, 20:55
I used to come here often but not much any more. If we could post FTF deals here, it would be much more useful to me.

And my part of the state (Vicksburg) is full of gun owners---but they exist only to deer hunt, not to shoot. :tongueout: So we cannot support a gun range, because everybody sights in their scope on their deer rifle at their deer camp.

I think Eric is working on such a way to list/search the for sale ads for in state items.

CATATOMIC
04-20-2009, 09:39
I took a few days of R&R this past weekend. I spent the weekend in Gulf Shores, AL. I had to be in a wedding in Perdido Key, FL. It was nice spending a little quiet time with the wife. I carried two Glocks and a total of nine loaded high cap mags. My wife thought I was crazy. I always like being prepared for a small war..:supergrin::2gun:

NRA_guy
04-20-2009, 15:32
I took a few days of R&R this past weekend. I spent the weekend in Gulf Shores, AL. I had to be in a wedding in Perdido Key, FL. It was nice spending a little quiet time with the wife. I carried two Glocks and a total of nine loaded high cap mags. My wife thought I was crazy. I always like being prepared for a small war..:supergrin::2gun:
Your wife thought you were crazy to only take 9 mags? :rofl:

CATATOMIC
04-20-2009, 16:15
She thought I was crazy to take that many.. which to me wasn't very many.

GunOneDown
04-20-2009, 17:31
That's funny, 100+ rnds should be enough to get you through the hardtimes for sure. Just tell her they are for other people when it hits the fan, since everybody carries a Glock 9mm or 40S&W so the mags will help the others that don't have enough. You may even find a tape of the North Hollywood shoot-out and let her watch that for a while. She might then say " shouldn't you bring an AR also"

CATATOMIC
04-20-2009, 17:37
Yeah that's right. I told her at least I was leaving the long guns at home. Anyway, the fastest reload is a second gun.

GunOneDown
04-20-2009, 17:40
Your so right. I shot in my first Action MAtch this weekend and need some work on fast Mag changes. That will eat some time up for sure. FUN and everyone should do atleast once. HUMBLING to say the least. I might be hooked though.

Ol'Slabsides
04-20-2009, 19:12
What, no North MS folks around here? Though technically, I'm a Laurel boy by raisin'....

CATATOMIC
04-20-2009, 19:14
I've wanted to do something like that for a long time but with work and 4 kids it's hard to find time. Two of the kids are playing ball this year and seems like there's always something going on. That's why I enjoyed this past weekend. My wife and I stayed at Gulf Shores ALONE and it was great. Lobo used to shoot long range rifle matches at Pascagula until he got sick with west nile.

NRA_guy
04-21-2009, 04:48
That's funny, 100+ rnds should be enough to get you through the hardtimes for sure.
I have a friend who has lots of money and buys lots of guns---expensive guns.

I was talking with him, and he said that he has no gun safe. He plans for his insurance to cover any theft, and he wants guns where he can look at them and get to them quickly if he needs to. He has them laying all around his house (he lives alone). He said that he is within a few feet of a loaded gun anywhere in his house.

This is a man with lots of nice guns.

I said something about ammo getting scarce, and he said that he had all the ammo he would ever need.

He said that he has a cigar box full of ammo.

I just grinned and told him that should be enough. (We don't need any more competition over at the Walmart ammo counter.)

kirgi08
04-21-2009, 05:22
IT'S A JOKE!!! Didn't you see the smiley below the message???

Don't get all sensitive like you're from Alabama or something!

:supergrin: <<<<< pay attention to it this time!

Settle down Beavis.Wiley is good peps and a friend of mine.'08.

YGM.

GunOneDown
04-21-2009, 16:19
he's aight I suppose. we got some movement on this once dead forum though.

Atomsk
04-21-2009, 21:13
it took a bit of hustling and killing but I managed to get off work for the gun show Saturday

CATATOMIC
04-21-2009, 22:13
This is about the only stop I make on GT now. At least here we can just talk. All I see on the other forums is "what kind of gun should I buy" or "what kind of ammo should I use". Man I get tired of seeing that.

Cyberwaste
04-21-2009, 23:09
Well if anyone is going to the gunshow sunday I am we should meet and greet.

kirgi08
04-21-2009, 23:59
I'm not a MS/Glocker,just a friend of Wiley.'08.

CATATOMIC
04-22-2009, 01:43
I won't be able to make the gun show. I have to work this weekend.

NRA_guy
04-22-2009, 05:43
This is about the only stop I make on GT now. At least here we can just talk. All I see on the other forums is "what kind of gun should I buy" or "what kind of ammo should I use". Man I get tired of seeing that.+1 and "45 vs 9 mm" and "Obama vs Obama".

CATATOMIC
04-22-2009, 17:52
+1 and "45 vs 9 mm" and "Obama vs Obama".

I thing some people get a nut by talking about that all the time. :nutcheck:

GunOneDown
04-22-2009, 20:32
you ain't lying there, but I read it and it is pretty funny what some opinions are. I plan to go to the show. its an hour drive, but what isn't where I live. I joined msgunowners and have been checking it out. I am going to start a new thread for anybody going to gun show Sat. or Sun in H'Burg and you can post if your going and leave# or come up with something to notice a MS Glocker in a certain location.

CATATOMIC
04-23-2009, 10:01
That sounds good. I have to work all weekend so count me out..sorry. Wish I could go.

GunOneDown
04-23-2009, 16:57
Just tell them you are making a ride to H'Burg to serve a warrant on somebody that has been seen in H'Burg.

CATATOMIC
04-24-2009, 01:29
My luck isn't good enough to get away with it. Plus I would have to explain to my wife why I spent $500 or $600 bucks. If I go..I'll buy something.

GunOneDown
04-24-2009, 21:03
your right there. I am going and hopefully find a deal or 2 if there is such.

bigsig
04-25-2009, 18:12
G.O.D. just give me your $$$$. I'll go for ya. That way you can spend some quality time with the Ol'lady! I know you probally dont take her out much as you are always shootin', Fishin', Huntin', and BSin' here online.:noevil::rofl:

GunOneDown
04-26-2009, 06:12
B.S> Your killin me. How bout I take the Ol'Lady to the show and then we can go out into the wild and shoot some critters then fix-em up.:rofl:

GunOneDown
05-06-2009, 19:15
guess everybody went shootin

SouthernGal
05-07-2009, 06:54
What, no North MS folks around here?

No. Me and Sweetatergal are both in North MS.

I shoot on private land that my mother owns. When I'm not doing that, I shoot in Phoenix at the range where my fiance has a membership.

Last true range experience for me was in AZ. Before that, we had a girls night out at Range USA in Memphis.

Cyberwaste
06-04-2009, 23:49
Well guess everybody at our new site msgunowners.com

cannoneer
06-05-2009, 17:39
anyone going to the tupelo gun show next week.

swatmed4
06-06-2009, 21:13
I am moving from Olive Branch to the Batesville area. Working in Oxford. Need to find a good place to shoot close.

cannoneer
06-16-2009, 19:08
anyone going to the tupelo gun show next week.

I did , not much to it.