.AVI to DVD to TV from my Mac [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .AVI to DVD to TV from my Mac

bwphoto
04-11-2009, 01:55
Is this possible? What format do I need to make the AVI file to play on a regular TV? Anyone have any success using iDVD or iMovie HD?

Thanks!

Sgt. Schultz
04-11-2009, 09:43
Is this possible? What format do I need to make the AVI file to play on a regular TV? Anyone have any success using iDVD or iMovie HD?

Thanks! You can burn most any video file to a DVD using any number of free programs available on the Internet. Also depending on your DVD player you may not even have to convert the video files to DVD format.

IslandHopper
04-11-2009, 12:18
So... you want to take an .avi file and burn it onto a DVD so that it will play in a TV-DVD player?

iDVD will work for that... though you may need to add support for the avi codec being used. That would be a QuickTime feature... my recommendation is to install "Perian" ... it seems to support all the commonly used codecs out there. (Perian just adds the support files for QuickTime to use, which then allows iDVD to read the .avi file and then burn it to DVD which uses the mp2 format.)

Big Al 24
04-11-2009, 14:59
If you have an Xbox 360 you can play the file off of a USB memory stick. I don't know if you have one or not, I just figured I'd throw it out there.