Road Rage or Attempted Carjacking? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage or Attempted Carjacking?

glck17
04-11-2009, 06:23
Hi Guys!

Just want to share what happened a while ago at around 4:45pm, while I was driving the 3-day old family vehicle (no tints pa) with my 3 kids, age 14, 11, & 4 month old, a heavily tinted red toyota revo with plate # A_M 7_3 suddenly from behind overtaken me and cut my drive path, my reaction was to pull over to the shoulder to prevent a collision, I could not back-up cause my vehicle was "sandwiched in between the toyota revo and another vehicle at the back, the driver of the toyota revo suddenly alighted from his vehicle and readily approached my location, fuming mad and tried to open the drivers side door and kept banging the window and saying "come out of your vehicle", I don't even know what his problem was but I was ready for any eventualities, my mind set was in color red already, so I pulled out my glock from concealment while still seated inside the vehicle, as soon as he saw the gun, he scampered away towards his vehicle. Thank god, nothing happened to my family.

st. matthew
04-11-2009, 06:48
It's good a thing nothing bad happened to your family, kaya ingat palagi, since there are a lot of crazy people out there.:shocked:

Stay safe bro, and watch your six.

itch
04-11-2009, 06:59
whew! it's really hard to distinguish.
maybe it's more of road rage/ hot heads. mas ok na rin rather than attempted carnapping, because BGs are more dangerous. and for sure hindi lang isa lalapit sayo.
thank God you and your family is safe.
stay safe.

sandman_sy
04-11-2009, 07:05
You know i heard from someone before that some carjackers have this way of getting you to get down from your car. he told me a story about a friend of his. This guy was bumped from behind.. a fender bender or something.. so he got out of his car to check the damage.. once he got out... both the driver and the passenger of the other car got off.. gun pointed at him.. told him to step away from his car. next thing you know.. wala na yung car nya, he wa left in the middle of nowhere.

It could have been nothing.. but it could have been something worse.. important thing is.. you were ready.. lock and loaded.:supergrin:

"better to have it and not use it.. than need one and not have one"

Eye Cutter
04-11-2009, 07:42
for sure meron kasama yun sa loob ng revo who will jump out once you open up! tsaka, akala siguro nung mga bg's easy pickings kasi kasama mo mga bata. rack another notch for the good guys!

Allegra
04-11-2009, 08:30
judging from what you wrote parang road rage or they were some very amateur carjackers

jojo_G19
04-11-2009, 08:44
another crime prevented, another wouldbe victim saved.

thanks to our "privilege" to carry firearm outside our residence.

De Angelo
04-11-2009, 11:19
whatever it is, be glad you and your family are safe..

DragonEye
04-11-2009, 12:05
So when you pulled over the shoulder, a car stopped behind you? When he ran away when he saw your gun, did the car behind you drive away as well?

Where did this happen and what kind of car were you driving? Was the guy armed?

Please pardon all the questions; it's also for the rest of us who are forewarned by your experience. It's good that you kept your wits during that stressful situation.

Vault Keeper
04-11-2009, 12:11
It's a good thing he saw what you have instore for him, just in case...and be thankful that you need not use it...stay safe..

Happy Easter to all!!

vega
04-11-2009, 15:03
Glad to hear you and your kids are ok.

Where did this happen and what kind of car were you driving? Was the guy armed?
+1, Saan nangyari at ano ang ginawa nung sasakyan sa likod?

kontra
04-11-2009, 18:25
good thing nothing bad happened to you and your family.

you also showed a lot of self control not to go down your vehicle and confront the BG. that is contrary to what they were expecting you to do. good move.

isuzu
04-11-2009, 18:31
Looks like an attempted carjacking. The guy(s) who attempted it were definitely professionals. They are just after your brand new car and other property and they never intend to get injured. Those kind of people will only prey on the weak. If they see resistance they will disengage to prevent themselves from being hurt.

Nauhahan mo, so nasira ang diskarte.

Stay safe.

jimbullet
04-11-2009, 23:13
Its good that nothing further happened. It could have been that he went back to his vehicle to get armed himself and he would be in a position of cover to engage you. You would not know also that the car behind you might be accomplices.

It would be great if you can give the location as to where this happened for everyone to be conscious about this Modus Operandi

glck17
04-12-2009, 00:20
thanks for all your concern guys. it happened here in dagupan city, pangasinan, what quickly got into my mind was the modus operandi of "fender bender". my vehicle is a toyota innova, no tints pa kaya siguro nakita na mga bata lang kasama ko, on the other hand, nakita din nya clearly that i was armed. yes, i was all along watching his movements especially his hands and waist in case bumunot cya or what, and kung meron mga cohorts pa cya sa revo nya. the vehicle behind me was a white toyota fortuner, bigla din cya nag break when i abruptly stopped (muntik nga din nya ako nabangga) and kept blowing his horn while the commotion was ongoing.

JIDinPhilly
04-12-2009, 00:36
another crime prevented, another wouldbe victim saved.

thanks to our "privilege" to carry firearm outside our residence.

Another positive firearms ownership story that will never see the newspapers or get picked up by the mainstream media.

edtf
04-12-2009, 02:04
oh man!!! Good you had the pistol ready and you got out of the that hairy situation. Makes me think - gunban is just around the corner and we will be defenseless once again. :crying:

glck17
04-12-2009, 02:59
oh man!!! Good you had the pistol ready and you got out of the that hairy situation. Makes me think - gunban is just around the corner and we will be defenseless once again. :crying:

yup, we should be extra careful and vigilant when gunban season starts.

Clusterbomb
04-13-2009, 00:39
Another positive firearms ownership story that will never see the newspapers or get picked up by the mainstream media.

Very true. Even if there had been cops and/or reporters there it wouldn't have made it past the editors/directors. Why? Because it's simply not newsworthy!

Have a deranged gun nut mow people down in a school or office and that's news!

choi_tan2000
04-13-2009, 00:54
bro if you got the plate number, you can ask an LEO in your area, baka sakali naka flask alarm yan, if yes then it is a foiled carjacking, if not bka mga bastos lang talaga sa daan yan. pero malakas feeling ko carkjack yan.

well happy to hear you and your kids are safe..

safe shooting guys

kristiansen
04-13-2009, 04:51
very good to hear you and your family are ok.i think you should put a tint on your car.most BG's are preying on "vulnerable" targets like women drivers or if with kids etc.take care.

theTactician
04-13-2009, 09:52
good thing, nothing bad happened to you and your family sir. it looks more like road rage to me.

vega
04-13-2009, 17:42
the vehicle behind me was a white toyota fortuner, bigla din cya nag break when i abruptly stopped (muntik nga din nya ako nabangga) and kept blowing his horn while the commotion was ongoing.
Pero bigla din ba siya umalis nung tumakbo yung sasakyan sa harap?

atmarcella
04-14-2009, 00:38
cgurado attempted carjacking yun... 1 reason that im pretty sure of this is brand new kotse dala mo, langhiya talaga mga yun, good thing they backed down.

mikey177
04-14-2009, 09:23
Glad to hear you were able to diffuse that situation effectively, bro.

If you did nothing to provoke the other driver, yet he approahed you "apparently" mad, then I would be more inclined to believe it was an attempted carnapping as well.

In any event, I'm sure you could easily have his plates traced, since they were issued in Region 1. Stay safe, sir. Now would be a good time to have window tint installed, and not just for keeping the summer heat out.

Allegra
04-14-2009, 17:34
nalilito ako
maganda ba may tint o wala?

Wp.22
04-14-2009, 18:20
nalilito ako

for security reason better have your windows tinted and also to save yourself from embarrasing situation. I was once caught in traffic riding my then un tinted car picking my nose all the passengers of the jeepney infront of me are laughing.

atmarcella
04-15-2009, 23:41
easily have his plates traced,

bg's steal this if im not mistaken.

I was once caught in traffic riding my then un tinted car picking my nose all the passengers of the jeepney infront of me are laughing.

whahaha this happened to me twice already whahaha

ilocano
04-16-2009, 23:18
Hey Rob, didn't know you are married.. and with kids?!? Anyway, glad you got out of it safe. Maybe this ppl are not from Dagupan as they don't know who theyre messin' with!

Stay safe bro.

kristiansen
04-17-2009, 02:27
nalilito ako

suggest ko tint fafa.i always have anito tint este double tint all over.even at 12noon you cannot see anything if you are outside of the car looking in.kulangot to the max..........

downside is its a challenge driving at night.but i'm a good boy.usually home before sundown.dami labada.........

Wp.22
04-17-2009, 04:31
suggest ko tint fafa.i always have anito tint este double tint all over.even at 12noon you cannot see anything if you are outside of the car looking in.kulangot to the max..........

downside is its a challenge driving at night.but i'm a good boy.usually home before sundown.dami labada.........

this i a little bit dangerous those manyak tints when driving in the rain almost zero visibility.