Hello.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hello..

rhusak
04-11-2009, 13:30
Hi All..
I am a newbie both to this forum and to hand guns in civilian life both..
I carried a 1911 45 while in Viet Nam but that was a lifetime ago..
I always liked the feeling of the 45 in my younger days and may own another one of these days..
I couldn't make my mind up about what to get.. My wife doesn't think I need anything.. But that's another story..
So I got a vintage 1994 21 glock.. And a much newer 23 glock.. I will eventually decide what I want to use.. Maybe both.. The 21 (oh yeah it has a laser sight) I may keep inside my motor-home.. If there ever is any trouble the sound of the slide going home and the red pin light would scare off all but the dumbest crooks.. And if it's a bear.. Well at least I have a fighting chance with the 45!
Where are you guy's buying your rounds? Seem in REAL short supply..
I hope to be shooting some in the coming weeks.. Where in the Denver area is OK?
Thanks
Ron

Misty02
04-11-2009, 13:53
Welcome to the forum, Rhusak!:wavey:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I’m not in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> so I can’t help much with your question, sorry. There are lots of helpful people here though, someone in the area will surely chime in soon and help on that one. :)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

rhusak
04-11-2009, 16:07
Misty..
Yeah.. I have run into a couple of nice folks and you as well here..
Thanks I am looking forward to a lively and insightful conversation on this list..
Thanks for the welcome!
Ron

Waters47
04-12-2009, 00:49
I have no knowledge of the Denver area, but if you are ever in the Loveland/Ft. Collins area, Jensen Arms usually has some good HD ammo. Last time I was there they had a real good stock of Federal Hydra Shok (.45 AUTO, boxes of 50) for like 31 bucks or something like that. Thats what I would recommend. As a fellow G21 owner I promise you will not be disappointed. They also sell Hydra Shok 12GA slugs if you get a tickle for some of that action. And you could always wait for the next Tanner/Danner (can't remember exactly what the name is) gun show to come back through Denver. Last I knew they ran at least 3 a year. Always good stuff there. Hope you find what you're looking for.

-Waters in Greeley

voyager4520
05-10-2009, 17:22
I'm in Pueblo and currently the only 45 I can find is that steel-cased Russian stuff. 9mm only the FMJs. For 40 I can currently find about anything I want though. Just yesterday I saw .40 Winchester SXTs, Winchester Rangers, and Speer Gold Dots. Not to mention I can get any FMJs I want. You have to go to the right stores though, the most popular one in town only has their own loads of 40 and the Speer Gold Dots.

sean85
05-17-2009, 10:54
You wont be disappointed with the G23. I will usually check the walmarts first and if nothing then cough up the extra $ and buy it at Gander Mtn.

380Seecamp
05-17-2009, 12:00
rhusak: Thanks for your service to our country.

Midway has some ammo right now, if you're quick:

http://www.midwayusa.com/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=160806

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=160806

I spoke at length with a Sports Authority salesman yesterday (north Denver area) and he said his buyers just aren't able to get any handgun ammo these days. Looks like the shortage could last through the summer.

Good luck with your ammo search!

CarNPlaneNut
05-20-2009, 14:43
Rocky Mountain Guns & Ammo in Parker, Green Mountain Guns in Littleton/Lakewood, or Firing Line (some ammo is real expensive here, but some are very competitive).

I reload to keep my shooting available and reasonable.

Jason Carroll
SE Aurora/Centennial

rhusak
05-24-2009, 18:29
Rocky Mountain Guns & Ammo in Parker, Green Mountain Guns in Littleton/Lakewood, or Firing Line (some ammo is real expensive here, but some are very competitive).

I reload to keep my shooting available and reasonable.

Jason Carroll
SE Aurora/Centennial

Jason..
I wonder if I could talk to you some time about reloading.. I am wanting to do some myself and could use some advice..
Also about places to shoot..
Thanks
Ron Husak