Question About Bringing Rifle Scope Sa Pinas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question About Bringing Rifle Scope Sa Pinas

porac
04-11-2009, 23:07
Tanong lang po kung allowed magdala ng rifle scope sa PI from the US? Meron po kasi akong extra Bushnell rimfire scope na gusto kong dalhin kung allowed of course. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Salamat!

Kaiser Soze
04-12-2009, 01:54
Check with your airline and the TSA website.

danger26
04-12-2009, 23:30
two weeks ago, my uncle brought a rifle scope (brand new in box) from australia. he did not have any problems in phil. customs. I don't know how strict the u.s. is on bringing them out of their country. hope this helps.

sandman_sy
04-12-2009, 23:57
Just put it in a balik bayan box.. its much safer... you could get "harassed" by customs if you bring it yourself :P

isuzu
04-13-2009, 20:23
Was there ever a Presidential Decree banning the use of scopes by civilians in the Philippines?

bisoy
04-13-2009, 23:36
medyo strict ang US sa paglabas ng mga scopes sa bansa nila. 2 of my orders were put on hold kasi bawal daw.

9MX
04-14-2009, 08:38
Was there ever a Presidential Decree banning the use of scopes by civilians in the Philippines?

Use - Nope.

Importation - There's an IRR sa PNP, hahanapan ka ng permit.

Also, US ITAR regulations prohibit the export of scopes

vega
04-15-2009, 15:11
Tanong lang po kung allowed magdala ng rifle scope sa PI from the US? .

Salamat!
Scope is not prohibited accordig to TSA.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

There are some scopes and holosights which are prohibited per ITAR but what you have is not included. Of course you have to do the research. My friend is Eotech dealer and he bought the military type sight and he found out that he cannot export it without proper license from the govt. He can export the 511s, 512s, 516s and 517s.

So from the US ok ka, according to 9MX hahanapan ka ng document sa Pinas.

markieboy
04-15-2009, 19:12
Just put it in a balik bayan box.. its much safer... you could get "harassed" by customs if you bring it yourself :P

I've personally brought rifle scopes from US to Philippines, on several occasions. Had them in balikbayan boxes, with the usual pasalubong (chocolate, Nike shoes...). No harassment from Customs.

dbiggershot
04-15-2009, 19:36
recently i ordered a scope from US through online, and so far no problem at all, i was able to picked it up in our local postal. Though huge Custom Duty tax is being imposed, so i adviced to better weigh it first if you can be more advantage in the price, otherwise baka mas mahal pa, dahil sa tax na e implement. Just buy something outside pinas, that is really something that you need na wala dito sa atin, but if kung meron, better just buy it na lang here, kasi halos papareho lang ang price or mas makamura ka pa..:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Just to give you the idea, a Spotting Scope and Range finder worth around $300 including freight, imagine i paid P5T+ of Custom Duty Tax..hehe!:supergrin::supergrin: