Advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advice

j_stevens0n
04-12-2009, 21:20
Hello! I'm new and entirely inexperienced with fire arms. I recently got to touch my bf's pistol, as he was putting it in the glove box for safe keeping (we were sitting in his truck, I put my arm around him, he got this cute look on his face, reached into his back waste band, and said something about needing to put that somewhere safer). Anyway, both of my boyfriends think that I should have a hand gun when I move away from my parent's house.
Anyway, so one of them said maybe a Glock 27 would be best for me, given my size, that is I think think that's what he said, he also might have recommended a Glock 23, and I was doing some poking around online, and saw that a Glock 30 might work too. Can anyone help me figure out which one would be best? Of corse, I would have to go to the gun shop or where-ever to try one out in the end, but I might want to save up money for it too. (Unles they decide to gang up on me a buy it for me as a house warming thingy!)
Thanks- Jan

Cat91
04-13-2009, 17:23
Right now I pack a 27 daily and own a HK USP40. I like the 27 for carry. Haven't had much chance to shoot it, though. Can't find ammo anywhere. Like the 27 for size. It is easy to carry and light.

Darn hoarders.

Miao, Cat

j_stevens0n
04-13-2009, 21:40
Thanks!

RedLT4Mike
04-17-2009, 22:33
both of your boyfriends?

lol

Cat91
04-18-2009, 11:47
Thanks!

Check out my thread below on the USH shoulder rig for a carry solution, too. I pack the USP in a Coronado American Hobo shoulder bag when I carry it, but I've got to the point that I'm paranoid about off body carry and I wanted to be able to pack my piece on me-hence the USH and a Glock 27.

Miao, Cat