Wlantest? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wlantest?

pesticidal
04-13-2009, 07:43
I have a Samsung i760 smartphone that has been working great for a year and a half. Lately, when I put it in my sync cradle, it starts up a wlantest program.

I get this on screen:

Wlantest.exe Start
TEST start
Main driver Unloading success
Test WLAN_Driver now Loading...
Semlib binding success
CHECK Module response : 1
Version 1.62 1.18 4.3
Test driver initialized
Current SPI PreScaler Value is 1 !!
Port (COM1:38400) is initializing
Port is initialized

Then nothing. If i try to close out the program while it is still in the cradle, it re-starts. If I take it out of the cradle, I have to soft reset the device. I did a hard reset, and this program still pops up.

When I go to the Wireless Manager, the Wi-Fi choice is not there until I soft-reboot.

I don't use a wireless synch. This appears to be a wireless sync program.

I called Verizon tech support, and they had no idea. They told me to uninstall the program. I cannot find the program at all, even using the search program on the phone.

Ideas?

grokdesigns
04-14-2009, 15:36
Have you installed the latest Windows Mobile 6.1 update?

https://techtrain.samsungwireless.com/tekweb/techpage/Support/Downloads/vzw_i760/SCH-i760_WM_6_1_Upgrade_Tool_For_XP.zip

www.samsung.com/us/i760/windowsupgrade/ (http://www.samsung.com/us/i760/windowsupgrade/)

If you haven't, now would be a good time to do it, might fix your issue. It appears that wlantest is some obscure utility in WM, I've never heard of it.

pesticidal
04-14-2009, 16:01
I have not. It's been running so good, I didn't want to mess it up with a new version.

grokdesigns
04-14-2009, 16:10
It's tough to find any info remotely related to the issue you're having, so I'm not sure what else you could try. I can definitely recommend Windows Mobile 6.1 though, I've always had good experiences with it.

pesticidal
04-14-2009, 16:27
It's tough to find any info remotely related to the issue you're having, so I'm not sure what else you could try. I can definitely recommend Windows Mobile 6.1 though, I've always had good experiences with it.

Thanks. I downloaded it, now I'll have to see if I have the stones to try to load it up.

:rofl:

pesticidal
04-19-2009, 18:34
Well, I've tried several times to load 6.1 with no success. Both on XP and Vista. When it tries to re-start the phone, it won't recognize it.