Bluegrass Glockers help me find a camper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass Glockers help me find a camper

KYgundoc
04-13-2009, 20:06
My 10 year old son has asked about camping and fishing and I have to see what I can do to find a low cost camper. I was going to build one of the teardrop campers but they only sleep 2 people and we have 3. I would like to find a small travel trailer that will hold 3 and that we could eat in out of the weather. I am handy and can fix up an old trailer. as I have let everyone know in my holster posts I am laid off permanently from my job so I can't afford anything new. My price range would be around $500. and I have a few things I could add for a camper worth more. 10 shot auto shotgun, Custom Kydex holsters, string trimmer mower( like a DR Mower). Oh yes it has to be able to be pulled by a Jeep Cherokee. If you have a camper or know of one let me know.
DF

garand4u
04-14-2009, 05:41
I sold one for $450 not too long ago so be patient you should find one in your price range. Mine slept 4.

Good Luck.

KYgundoc
04-14-2009, 15:14
I sold one for $450 not too long ago so be patient you should find one in your price range. Mine slept 4.

Good Luck.

Thanks I will be looking. My 10 year old is a high functioning autistic who is doing so well that he is now mainstreamed at his school. When he wants to try something different and not in his normal routine I try to see that he tries it because that is the only way he will learn to function out in the world. I have even been thinking about selling my AR to get a camper but that will be as a last resort.
DF

oldschoolcj5
04-15-2009, 11:53
I was just looking on Craigslist for Lexington and ran across several, but this one stood out as being in your range http://lexington.craigslist.org/rvs/1117211759.html (http://lexington.craigslist.org/rvs/1117211759.html)

Good luck and I hope you have a GREAT time camping with your son. Remember, God entrusts exceptional children to exceptional parents. Challenges, yes, but many blessings too.

Have a great day
Mike

KYgundoc
04-20-2009, 16:14
The hunt continues for a camper. I drove all the way to caneyville to look at a camper and it was almost too big for a half ton truck to pull so I had to pass on it. Looked at a camper today that was the biggest 12 foot camper I have ever seen, the floor was 24 inches above the ground and it had a bonus. A moma cat was nursing kittens in the camper. he promised I did not have to take the kittens but the cat pee smell was all mine. I have added a
4x4 truck into the trade / buy camper mix so I may get better offers soon.