Anyone using the CT Laserguard? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the CT Laserguard?

PSUEng
04-14-2009, 21:40
I am considering adding a laser and without the rail, choices are limited. I came across the CT Laserguard which looks good b/c you can retain the original grip of the gun compared to the standard CT laser grip.

So: Anyone have any experience with the laserguard, particularly on a G26?

Brad454
06-21-2009, 17:55
I have the CT laserguard. Bought for my G26 and was very disappointed to find it almost impossiblew to find holsters for it. Yes southern comfort make one for the ankle and one for inside the pants, but if thats not your choice of carry your screwed. I ended up putting it on my G32 because I don't conceal carry it. So it was $200 badly spent. I have 3 other guns with CT lasers and love them and the laserguard itself is great. Very bright lasers. but CT has dropped the ball on the holster end.
I found on this forum that Alabama something or other makes them, went to their site and photo's of the holster with laser guard wasn't there and the pictures of the other holsters were very poor. I need to see what I'm buying. After making the mistake of purchasing the $200 + laserguard, I'm going to be more careful with m money. Try not to just buy any holster and be unhappy with it.
To Alabama wherever holster people....work on your site.

Ibew
06-21-2009, 18:02
I have the CT laserguard. Bought for my G26 and was very disappointed to find it almost impossiblew to find holsters for it. Yes southern comfort make one for the ankle and one for inside the pants, but if thats not your choice of carry your screwed. I ended up putting it on my G32 because I don't conceal carry it. So it was $200 badly spent. I have 3 other guns with CT lasers and love them and the laserguard itself is great. Very bright lasers. but CT has dropped the ball on the holster end.
I found on this forum that Alabama something or other makes them, went to their site and photo's of the holster with laser guard wasn't there and the pictures of the other holsters were very poor. I need to see what I'm buying. After making the mistake of purchasing the $200 + laserguard, I'm going to be more careful with m money. Try not to just buy any holster and be unhappy with it.
To Alabama wherever holster people....work on your site.

If it it fits the full frame glocks I'll make you an offer on it.By the way I have a glock 22.

Mike from Texas
06-21-2009, 18:09
Just bought one for the wife's G26. Comp-Tac and a few other make holsters for them. My only complaint for far is that it is a little more tricky to operate the button on the front. It's not near as easy as the one on my 1911 or my other rear mounted Glock styles.

Brad454
06-21-2009, 18:39
What I was told is that it fits, G26,27 19 32,23, not the full sizes.
Luckly I have a 19, 32 along with the G26, but I bought it for my conceal and carry and can't use it until I find a holster I like.

Mike from Texas
06-21-2009, 20:51
What I was told is that it fits, G26,27 19 32,23, not the full sizes.
Luckly I have a 19, 32 along with the G26, but I bought it for my conceal and carry and can't use it until I find a holster I like.

Not sure about the Laserguard but they don't list a Lasergrip model for the G20/21 either but the model LG-617 will fit. It even comes with a little shim in the kit to get the laser at the right angle.

Brad454
06-21-2009, 22:18
Checked out Comp tacs webs site. they do have holsters but nothing for laserguard. G26 holsters are very easy to find. Everyone makes them just no has one for the laserguard except a few in mentioned. unable to find anything for outside the pant pancake style conceal and carry holster. hopefully someone will start making them soon.

Mike from Texas
06-22-2009, 17:31
Checked out Comp tacs webs site. they do have holsters but nothing for laserguard. G26 holsters are very easy to find. Everyone makes them just no has one for the laserguard except a few in mentioned. unable to find anything for outside the pant pancake style conceal and carry holster. hopefully someone will start making them soon.

I believe you have to call them. They haven't updated their site recently.

Brad454
08-31-2009, 20:56
Got tired of looking for a good pancake holster for my G26 with the laser guard. Took it off and was going to sell it at the FW gun show this weekend.
As I walked in the first booth was the Crimson table I bought it at. Told him I was givin up looking for a holster and he said he wanted to make me happy and that he would trade it for another. AWESOME GUY

Traded it for a LG-619 CT which I put on my Glock 19.

Got to say one thing, Crimson Trace has the best customer service possible.

DenLee
01-08-2010, 16:06
Just bought one for the wife's G26. Comp-Tac and a few other make holsters for them. My only complaint for far is that it is a little more tricky to operate the button on the front. It's not near as easy as the one on my 1911 or my other rear mounted Glock styles.
I agree the button is harder to use than my 637 CT. However I like it anyway.

rogerthedodger
01-08-2010, 17:36
This is an old post, however;
I put one on my G26, did not like it because it's hard to get the grip right to depress the button, so I put it on my 2nd gen G17, it works good though they dont list a G17.
I have one on my Kahr CW9 which I really like, but holsters are non-existent exept for Crossbreed.

jdeere_man
01-08-2010, 18:35
I would be interested in one for my G26 if I could get a holster I wanted that would fit it.

napp32
01-08-2010, 18:58
-> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164009

FloridaCCW
01-08-2010, 19:04
The Laserguard is great. I like them a lot. I am selling a FIST IWB holster for the Glock 26 with a Laserguard set up now on GT (sold the 26).

MarcusT
01-08-2010, 20:18
I just got my laserguard for my 26 in the mail today going to try it out at the range in the morning. I know of two holsters made for the 26 with the laserguard one is the galco summer comfort and the other is crossbreed supertuck.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/VortechGTO/P1080181.jpg

rxs0
01-29-2010, 10:36
I currently have two Crimson Trace Laserguards LG-436 on my two baby glocks 26 and 27. I plan on buying another one for my baby glock 33. As a whole, they are well made and work really well. I recently had to send one of the lasers back for repair since one of the diodes was somewhat dim. Anyways, Crimson Trace offered excellent customer support and repaired the laserguard at no expense in a reasonable amount of time. Heidi Zimmerman was very helpful. I think it's safe to say that this company stands behind their products.

I also bought the Galco Summer IWB Holster on the Crimson website. This holster is perfect for the job and very well made. It even accomadates the Heine slantpro straight eights sights which tend to snag on cheaper holsters such as the Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

I recently bought the Don Hume IWB leather holster for the Armalaser. This also works well with the laserguard. Eventhough this is a nice holster, I still prefer the Galco holster.

Take care,
Rich

kda
01-30-2010, 15:47
I'm carrying the LaserGuard on my G 26 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck holster which they sell specifically to carry Glock's with LaserGuards. Works great. No extra cost to get the model for the CT either.

The CT works great too. Easy to adjust, never goes out of alignment. And I'm not having any problems with the "on" button. That is probably because I hold the grip of any pistol as recommended by many top shooters ... i.e., in the web of your hand with the back of the grip about as far away from your thumb joint as you can get it. That rotates the alignment of the pistol in your hand and lines up the axis of the bore with the length of your arm.

Holding a Glock with that grip ensures that the trigger is squarely under the pad of the last segment of your index finger and that the button for the LaserGuard is under the middle of the second section of your middle finger (and not under a joint of the middle finger). Now, when you grip the pistol it turns the laser on, keeps the pistol properly aligned with your arm and helps with a correct trigger pull.

I changed my grip to refine my shooting skills, but found it solved any problems with turning the CT LaserGuard on too. Two benefits.

Freman Kid
01-30-2010, 18:23
Hello GT. I recently brought a ct lg-436 for my G26. Thanks to MarcusT for answering my many questions about the product before I got it. I purchased it from Buck and Does via ebay for $205. As soon as I made the payment I started to get emails from confirmation to shipping in transit, to when it finally made it to the Post Office. Total ship time was 2 days via USPS (very fast). The package was well secured and it took me a couple of minutes to get it opened. The CT package came with the sight, instructions, swabs, allen wrenches, laser stickers in a secured plastic bag, and a registration card. The sight looked pristine and felt pretty well built. Putting it on my G26 was pretty easy it was up and running in 5 minutes.
The initial sight in revealed that the dot was way off to the right. I mean really way, way off. Sighting in took another 5 minutes. It took me so long because you don't have to turn alot for the sight to move far.... I was over doing it. I sighted it on a tree in my backyard in bright sunlight and I could see the dot clearly (@ 25ft.).
You really have to be aware of your grip to activate the laser. During dry fire practice I was suprised to see the dot dance around so much. After dry firing all night I found I could keep the dot steady. In total darkness I noticed that the dot wasn't a dot but more like a star nebula. I called CT in Oregon and came into contact with the wonderful HEIDI Zimmerman. The phone call was answered on the first ring. Wow! HZ was very helpful and told me how to clean the lense of the unit. After that was done it was better but not what I expected. So after 2 emails HZ is like Im sending you a new one with return postage to send back your unit to us. Wow! I was amazed, I did'nt ask for it and I was thinking let me send the unit to them to look it over. Crimson Trace CS is the best I have ever encountered when dealing with any problems that are real or perceived, this would indicate that it is a very good product and that the company is committed to making it right for the consumer.
So I went to the range and put 30 rounds thru it. I had it set up for 15 yards, but I shot at 7 yards. You really must know what your laser is sighted in for POA/POI. I was dead on but to the left of the ten ring....small hole but a lot of flyers. I like it, it shows that I must work on my alignment, and trigger control. I am eagerly awaiting the one from CT. Now the next thing is holsters. I butchered my Mr. Softy trying to make a makeshift holster that resulted in a epic fail. I looked on line and found a holster made by US Holsters out of Fl. It arrived today in the snowstorm ...so kudos to the USPS. It is a very tight fitting holster, I could hardly get it in and there is 1 inch of space from the tip of the G26 to the end of the holster. I hope it will loosen up over time. So Im done ....here are the pics, and regards from VA.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yphoyb.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/5l413r.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/25tkmsz.jpg