'Combat Operational Stress' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 'Combat Operational Stress'

deadday
04-15-2009, 22:36
Is that the new buzz-word for shell-shock, I mean battle-fatigue, I mean PTSD?

chuckman
04-16-2009, 05:45
I might be, but I don't think so. I think COS is more the challenge of transitioning to a normal world after spending a period of time doing abnormal things, like speeding down the middle of the street and busting red lights, etc. (Might be a poor example...I am sure a lot of people do this anyway :)). I think this what COS is.

bodger
04-19-2009, 19:28
Here's some info on COS. Looks like it's a broad spectrum of issues.
http://www.stormingmedia.us/02/0239/A023992.html

stengun
04-24-2009, 23:16
Howdy,

The VA is real quick to stick labels on Veterans, but they are slow to use the PTSD label. They preferr stuff like Chronic Adjustment Disorder.

That's what my shrink at the VA says that I have. OK. I asked him where or how did I develope CAD because I didn't have it before I joined the military. Shrink said it was from my experiences while I was in the military. I asked "Isn't this PTSD?". He didn't answer.

Part of my problems is that I have problems sleeping.

VA says I have non-service connected sleep apnea which is total BS.
Next the VA said I have CAD w/ anxiety. Now they say I have partial PTSD.

Spent 7 years fighting the enemy and now I/We have to fight the VA.

Paul

DriBak
05-07-2009, 17:49
It took be TWELVE years to the VA to own up/ diagnose me with PTSD and offer disability. It is only 10%, but it is better than nothing. I am a Desert Storm Veteran with a CIB

deadday
05-07-2009, 23:00
It took be TWELVE years to the VA to own up/ diagnose me with PTSD and offer disability. It is only 10%, but it is better than nothing. I am a Desert Storm Veteran with a CIB

10%?? The minimum rating is 30% I believe...I was given a very high rating without even fighting for it...

stengun
10-05-2009, 15:38
Howdy deadday,

10%?? The minimum rating is 30% I believe...I was given a very high rating without even fighting for it...

Actually 0% in the minimum.

Wow! How did you get granted a very high rating w/out fighting the VA for it?

I guess if I would have had a break ddown and run around the bases naked and screaming the "Commies where after me!" I might have had better luck.

A decision is at the BVA right now waiting on a judge to make a decision.

Paul

Detectorist
10-20-2009, 21:09
My doc says I should apply for disability because of my PTSD, etc. I think I'm getting better so I'll wait. After all, I've waited 25 years and it only flared up after my Father passed away 2 years ago.

More info on effects of PTSD.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/20/ptsd.veterans.mortality/index.html

GuitarCrazyo
10-26-2009, 00:27
F15 is the king of the sky, its combat record speaks for itself which is the only thing that counts at the end of the day

deadday
10-26-2009, 06:13
F15 is the king of the sky, its combat record speaks for itself which is the only thing that counts at the end of the day

uhmm....what?

b52ace
10-26-2009, 13:32
uhmm....what?

shhhhhh... he's having a flashback. :whistling: