Current issued service dress uniforms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Current issued service dress uniforms

GroovedG19
04-16-2009, 16:11
Greetings Soldiers and Officers.

I just have a question about the "dress greens" or "dress blues".I ship out to Fort Benning next week for OSUT.For graduation, will we be issued the classic greens or the new blues?

Thanks.

BOSS302
04-16-2009, 16:15
New Blues. I ship out August 18 for Ft. Leonardwood OSUT 21Bravo

GroovedG19
04-16-2009, 16:24
Good to know.Thanks.

Whats 21Bravo by the way?

GroovedG19
04-16-2009, 16:28
Maybe you meant 31Bravo.Military Police.

BOSS302
04-16-2009, 18:05
Good to know.Thanks.

Whats 21Bravo by the way?

Maybe you meant 31Bravo.Military Police.

21Bravo Combat Engineer

GroovedG19
04-16-2009, 20:22
My mistake.Good luck though.

Cobra6
04-22-2009, 23:43
New Blues.

The "new blues" don't exist yet - I just filled out another survey on them last month

It would not surprise me if you see people graduating in ACUs before long - they are wearing them for everything now. I think the greens are in short supply.

CPT_CRUNCH
04-23-2009, 17:10
you'll get the greens. as stated the ASU is not being distributed yet. from what i've heard they might be out fall 2010.

i too filled out that survey. wow, i used to be excited about the ASU but now seeing all the crap they're considering (again... and again... and AGAIN) might just be a big mess.

deadday
04-23-2009, 20:30
I don't think they are issuing the ASUs yet...you'll probably be issued the green As...

deadday
04-23-2009, 20:31
The "new blues" don't exist yet - I just filled out another survey on them last month

It would not surprise me if you see people graduating in ACUs before long - they are wearing them for everything now. I think the greens are in short supply.

We did out graduation in BDUs...

bennwj
05-16-2009, 12:55

The "new blues" or ASU (Army Service Uniform) is slated for issue late this fall. You can purchase them now through Marlow White, and they are authorized for wear as of now.

deadday
05-16-2009, 13:30
The "new blues" or ASU (Army Service Uniform) is slated for issue late this fall. You can purchase them now through Marlow White, and they are authorized for wear as of now.

Did they ever make everybody happy and authorize all the bling (spurs, stets, jump boots, etc.) that they originally said they weren't?

bennwj
05-25-2009, 16:55
Did they ever make everybody happy and authorize all the bling (spurs, stets, jump boots, etc.) that they originally said they weren't?

When the ASU is worn with the four-in-hand necktie Jump Boots are authorized. When it is worn with the bowtie they are not.

I have no idea about stetsons, spurs or any of those other accoutrements.....never been someplace where that stuff was common.

Bren
05-30-2009, 06:37
When the ASU is worn with the four-in-hand necktie Jump Boots are authorized. When it is worn with the bowtie they are not.

I have no idea about stetsons, spurs or any of those other accoutrements.....never been someplace where that stuff was common.

Spurs and Stetsons are not AR-670-1 uniform items, they are "traditions" so it isn't likely their use will change with the new uniform regs.

Fox
06-06-2009, 09:41
They should go back to khaki for the Class A and B uniforms. Dress Blues ought to be kept as formal tire.

EagleOne716
06-27-2009, 17:05
They should go back to khaki for the Class A and B uniforms. Dress Blues ought to be kept as formal tire.

From an old 20+ years retired vet....ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Nothing looks better than a starched pair of khaki's with a pair of spit shined jump boots. Then again, somebody (that remembers) will have to teach all the young bucks how to spit shine.....:supergrin:

deadday
06-27-2009, 17:13
Nothing looks better than a starched pair of khaki's with a pair of spit shined jump boots. Then again, somebody (that remembers) will have to teach all the young bucks how to spit shine.....:supergrin:

That was the part of the day at Knox we all looked forward too...chow then back to the barracks, shining boots on the PT pad and BSing, phone call if we'd earned one, then showers, mail call, and lights out...

nursetim
06-27-2009, 18:49
No more shining boots? That's blasphemy, pure unadulterated communism.

deadday
06-27-2009, 18:57

no, no, the commies still shine their boots :rofl:

EagleOne716
06-28-2009, 07:51
I still remember sitting on the floor in the barracks room, radio or cassette player jamming the latest hits, getting just the right mixture of spit and polish...burning the polish (either in the can or on the boot..remember that?) rubbing, spitting, rubbing..spitting......and watching the perfect glossy shine "snap"..
These were magic moments. I can sit here typing and still smell the smell of polish. :cool:

Fox
07-02-2009, 15:16
There was a time when brown shoes were worn with the khakis. Ditto for boots, though I would not want to give up the desert boots for field uniforms.

Black leather footwear just means 'spitshine' and that is a waste of time IMO. It's "make work", like painting rocks.

I would go with brown leather shoes for khaki class A and B uniforms.

EagleOne716
07-11-2009, 20:31
There was a time when brown shoes were worn with the khakis. Ditto for boots, though I would not want to give up the desert boots for field uniforms.

Black leather footwear just means 'spitshine' and that is a waste of time IMO. It's "make work", like painting rocks.

I would go with brown leather shoes for khaki class A and B uniforms.

Grabs his chest, hits the floor....the pain...the pain....." :rofl:

Hack
07-20-2009, 02:01
Kiwi and water. I use something a little different now with the LEO job. Kelley, and an electric brush and polisher. Works OK. I never cared for spit shine except for formal occasions. Other than that, brush shine, if necessary for regular garrison duty, and just clean and apply a little kiwi for field duty.

Speaking of shining boots, I remember this one SM who used to visit over at Jefferson Barracks when I was in the ARNG. He wasn't happy unless boots were mirror finished. That's right, announce your presence to the enemy.:whistling:

Had to love the older fellows. Good people who have been through a lot of stuff to get to where they were, including war and police action duty.

Hack
07-20-2009, 02:02

They wore jack boots in Russia didn't they. Shine 'em up! Theoretically a person could even make the current desert boots shine with enough polish. I wonder what the charge would be? A field grade article 15?

GroovedG19
08-16-2009, 01:45
To answer my own question, we got issued green class A's.

Reb 56
03-06-2010, 00:21

I agree in the 1950's we wore brown spit shined boots with the khakis bloused over the boots. Looked sharp. Since I was in the Combat Engineers we also had a red battle scarf.

cptslick
03-20-2010, 07:25
Hell,when I joined the Army,they issued one set of OD's and one set of Greens. We also had to dye our brown boots. I still have my overseas caps with glider patches. One OD and one khaki.

TreverSlyFox
05-27-2010, 16:41

spit shined jump boots You have got to be kidding ...Jump Boots :rofl: only the short buss kids wore Jump Boots.
Real men wear spit shined Tanker Boots! :tongueout:

Hehehehehehe :wavey: