Is it just me or has Windows been updating a lot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or has Windows been updating a lot

MartinBlank
04-17-2009, 12:52
Over the past few days it seems like quite a few updates have come through. I'm running XP and pretty much a n00b when it comes to hardcore "inside the computer" understanding.

Bilbo Bagins
04-17-2009, 13:06
Over the past few days it seems like quite a few updates have come through. I'm running XP and pretty much a n00b when it comes to hardcore "inside the computer" understanding.

Funny you mentioned that. Everything seem slow on my computer and both microsoft and Mcfee needed to update and reboot today.

Linux3
04-17-2009, 14:44
You are right!
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9131573

MartinBlank
04-17-2009, 15:21
Funny you mentioned that. Everything seem slow on my computer and both microsoft and Mcfee needed to update and reboot today.

Same thing on my end. Wasn't sure how much coordination all these companies have when dealing with potential problems.

With that, my McAfee has been shutting itself down, tell me i'm not "fully protected"...hit the "fix" button and I'm good to go, but it's still weird.