Range help....asap please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range help....asap please

Carbonfly
04-17-2009, 15:50
I want to take my wife shooting at the public range in Newberry tomorrow. The problem is that I have never been and don't know what to expect.

1. Do they have target frames up and you just need to supply the paper to shoot at?
2. If I have to supply my own target frames as well as targets.... Does anyone know of a good place to get some?
3. How long is the range?
4. Is there anything else that I need to be prepared for?

Thanks

BadAndy
04-17-2009, 22:10
If it's anything like MCRC then they won't have stands on the range.

You could always check Sportsmans Warehouse for target stands. I can't remember if they had anything decent the last time I was there.

Glockphobia
04-18-2009, 04:17
I want to take my wife shooting at the public range in Newberry tomorrow. The problem is that I have never been and don't know what to expect.

1. Do they have target frames up and you just need to supply the paper to shoot at?
2. If I have to supply my own target frames as well as targets.... Does anyone know of a good place to get some?
3. How long is the range?
4. Is there anything else that I need to be prepared for?

Thanks

Indian Creek! dang it, if i didnt have to work i'd go with yall, but i gotta play work, again:crying:.....

1. no, bring your stand and targets
2.dicks's(maybe), sportsman warehouse
3. 100yds
4. its covered with benches,6-8 bays, dont remember. DONT use anything other than "targets". what i mean is, one time i took paper plates and clay pigeons to use as targets and the forestry deputy dude came and warned me not to use that type of stuff on "his" range.

Carbonfly
04-18-2009, 17:06
Ok, so I didn't make it out to the range today. None of the sportsman stores had any target stands. So I spent the time I would have been shooting, building some target stands. Woohoo.

The wife and I are going shooting tomorrow after church.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/carbonfly/Gun%20Stuff/20090418070227PM.jpg
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/carbonfly/Gun%20Stuff/20090418070212PM.jpg

Glockphobia
04-19-2009, 03:52
those stands ought to do the trick, have fun, as i will be BACK at work today.

Carbonfly
04-20-2009, 07:48
Ok, so we made it out there and it was pretty cool. Here is a video of my wife shooting her first AR-15.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHkP7tglio

I talked with one of the guys who was shooting out there and he said there was a range at Sumter National park which is closer to Columbia than traveling out to Newberry. Anyone ever heard of it or been there? He said it looks exactly like the one at Indian Creek.

BadAndy
04-20-2009, 10:26
Good work on the target stand! I've been thinking about picking up some steel from Lowes and making one similar to my Dads. It has two "feet" with 1"x2" square tubing to hold two pieces of wood that you then staple cardboard to that holds the target. Cheap and simple.

Glockphobia
04-20-2009, 12:09
Ok, so we made it out there and it was pretty cool. Here is a video of my wife shooting her first AR-15.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHkP7tglio

I talked with one of the guys who was shooting out there and he said there was a range at Sumter National park which is closer to Columbia than traveling out to Newberry. Anyone ever heard of it or been there? He said it looks exactly like the one at Indian Creek.

looks like you and the wife had a good time, wish i could have went!
ive heard of a range in sumter but never been nor do i know where at. will have to investigate.

Waylay Heat
04-21-2009, 06:41
NIce target stands...going to go build me a couple...

Eagle22
04-21-2009, 08:59
Very Cool

Glockphobia
04-22-2009, 04:14
the stands i built were from 1/2" galv. pipe and the black weed matting material stuff. 2 pcs of pipe - 5ft long(stakes), drill 2 holes spaced 24" in each pipe, cut your weed matting to about 5ft long and bolt it to the pipe. clothes line pins holds your targets to the weed mat.

Carbonfly
04-22-2009, 11:21
the stands i built were from 1/2" galv. pipe and the black weed matting material stuff. 2 pcs of pipe - 5ft long(stakes), drill 2 holes spaced 24" in each pipe, cut your weed matting to about 5ft long and bolt it to the pipe. clothes line pins holds your targets to the weed mat.

:needspics:

Glockphobia
04-23-2009, 03:48
:needspics:

hmmm...alright, pics, later today:supergrin:

Glockphobia
04-23-2009, 08:19
here ya go: