In South Carolina [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : In South Carolina

shdwboy
04-17-2009, 23:30
Hey everone! checkin out some of the other forums on GT and i came across this. any of yall close to the charleston area?

Glockphobia
04-18-2009, 04:08
nope, but, welcome to GT:supergrin::wavey:

GT4494
04-18-2009, 06:31
Yes. Real close.

Carbonfly
04-18-2009, 06:46
Yes. Real close.

Stalker close? haha.

Anyways, welcome to the Carolina forums!

WhtCivic93
04-18-2009, 18:10
Another new member here from SC

Desert Fox
04-18-2009, 22:14
South Carolina here, as well. Welcome...:welcome:

Glockphobia
04-19-2009, 03:55
Another new member here from SC

Welcome to GT:wavey:

Glockrunner
04-19-2009, 06:35
Summerville close enough?

Welcome to GT:cool:

shdwboy
04-19-2009, 15:30
Thanks yall. For those of you close the the area im trying to find a good gunshop to check out that isnt real high priced. Ive tried ATP there not bad i just wanna check some other places out to see whats out there.

rns-glock37
04-19-2009, 19:41
i live in summerville, sc. atp located on college park road is a nice place but very expensive. have you tried the range on cross county road? it's located just down the street from north charleston mall. it's not quite as nice as atp but much more reasonable on prices. welcome, i'm new myself and was wondering in anyone close to my living area is logged onto gt.

BigDog40
04-19-2009, 20:05
Oconee County checking in

Glockrunner
04-20-2009, 04:31
i live in summerville, sc. atp located on college park road is a nice place but very expensive. have you tried the range on cross county road? it's located just down the street from north charleston mall. it's not quite as nice as atp but much more reasonable on prices. welcome, i'm new myself and was wondering in anyone close to my living area is logged onto gt.

For the search in a phone book, that would be "Trader World."

Up near ATP, on Hwy 17A, towards Moncks Corner, is another gun shop, "The Gun Doctor." He does have a selection of long and short guns but not as many as the afore mentioned shops. Think you'll find them veryknowledgeable and customer attentive. If they don't have what you want they'll order it at a reasonable price.

shdwboy
04-20-2009, 18:16
Yea i have heard of Trader World but never checked it out. Ive stoped in the gun docter twice for ammo and to ask about puting a hi-viz front sight on my p95. Atp is huge! I used the range last week its nice. Im used to the outdoor ranges in the woods.

Magicmanmb
04-22-2009, 20:46
Come on up to Myrtle Beach we have 2 indoor and 1 outdoor range.

Crazy KD
04-26-2009, 17:34
Thanks yall. For those of you close the the area im trying to find a good gunshop to check out that isnt real high priced. Ive tried ATP there not bad i just wanna check some other places out to see whats out there.

Long time lurker...first time poster from Mt P.

No really cheap gun shops in Charleston. ATP is outrageously high. I just priced a rifle that has a MSRP of $400 and they had it for $650. I can get it from Gun Broker for $400 or other places online. I did take my CWP class there and the set up was nice....Trader World is also high....Carolina Rod and Gun on Savannah Hwy in West Ashley is clean/nice, but also on the higher side. New place I found the other day is Henry's on 17 in Mt. P. Much smaller and Henry is a hoot. His selection is a little thin as guns aren't his only thing, but I enjoyed talking with him.

My general gauge is the price of a standard Glock with standard sights like the G19. My target is around $500, but you aren't going to find one for that price anywhere in Charleston.

I grew up in Columbia so I generally buy my guns from shops there. Shooters Choice and Sportsman's Warehouse. I bought a brand new G19 from Shooters that someone traded in (it had never been shot) for $420 a few weeks back. Last time I checked Shooter's price for a new Glock was just below $500. Of course I was in Sportsman's over easter and they are barren. They aren't supposed to close that store, but from the inventory they might as well.

MDC
04-26-2009, 17:53
You can try Barton Burwells on Maybank hwy about 2 miles West of river Road on the left near First Source builders. They carry Para, Sig and some others--not a large place--but not a bad selection, prices are not "too high" priced a Para at $75 lower than MSRP.

I'm on Folly Beach.

MDC
04-26-2009, 17:56
By the way-- Trader world just charged me $20 box of 50 9mm Blazer Brass--Walmart price is $8.97 if you can get it! There's the difference. OUCH!

Crazy KD
04-26-2009, 17:59
You can try Barton Burwells on Maybank hwy about 2 miles West of river Road on the left near First Source builders. They carry Para, Sig and some others--not a large place--but not a bad selection, prices are not "too high" priced a Para at $75 lower than MSRP.

I'm on Folly Beach.

There is one in Mt P also. I thought they only sold fishing stuff. Next time I go by there I'll stop in.

shdwboy
04-27-2009, 20:10
Yea ive gotten ammo from Barton and Burwell. Its not wallmarts price but it will do. HAHA yea about Henrys, Ive been there many times. Yea ill sit there and talk with the guy for 20 30 mins every time about hunting, and firearms. Cool dude. His prices are high for me but its come down to if you find it and want it real bad youll pay the price. Ive been getting my 45s at sports authority latley when they have them. BTW how did ya know i was in mtp???

Crazy KD
04-28-2009, 19:10
Yea ive gotten ammo from Barton and Burwell. Its not wallmarts price but it will do. HAHA yea about Henrys, Ive been there many times. Yea ill sit there and talk with the guy for 20 30 mins every time about hunting, and firearms. Cool dude. His prices are high for me but its come down to if you find it and want it real bad youll pay the price. Ive been getting my 45s at sports authority latley when they have them. BTW how did ya know i was in mtp???

I didn't...I live in Mt. P up 41. I've started to see more ammo around and saw some 45s a couple weeks back. I've yet to find cheap range 9 mm though anywhere. I've found 380 auto, 357 sig, tons of 40, 223, and 45 only once. Last week the Walmart up in Ladson had probably 20-30 boxes of .40 on the shelf.

Brently
04-28-2009, 22:56
Summerville here... when I got home to visit the fam... Question for you guys there now...

Who is the local LEO dealer around Summerville area?

Glockrunner
04-29-2009, 04:54
Summerville here... when I got home to visit the fam... Question for you guys there now...

Who is the local LEO dealer around Summerville area?

Arlene at ATP.

223shootersc
04-29-2009, 10:42
Woodruff, SC newbie

hpj3
04-29-2009, 16:14
Walterboro... I teach at Trader World most every Saturday

Howard

Brently
04-29-2009, 21:14
Arlene at ATP.

are they an actual Glock LEO dealer?

Magicmanmb
04-30-2009, 08:30
IN SC Lawmens Supply in Columbia is a stocking dealer they used to have the forms on there web site don't know if they still do. Be prepared to show a current I.D. and count the # of mags you receive before you hand over the money blue label should have 3. If they say different tell them to call Glock customer service. I was shorted 2 mags for both of the last ones I picked up. 1 each box, they swore it was a factory mistake.

Brently
04-30-2009, 11:38
IN SC Lawmens Supply in Columbia is a stocking dealer they used to have the forms on there web site don't know if they still do. Be prepared to show a current I.D. and count the # of mags you receive before you hand over the money blue label should have 3. If they say different tell them to call Glock customer service. I was shorted 2 mags for both of the last ones I picked up. 1 each box, they swore it was a factory mistake.

Alright... Sucks they want to be shiesty.

Magicmanmb
04-30-2009, 13:01
Alright... Sucks they want to be shiesty.

Not just them, during the ban most dealers were doing it. Some of the Gun Show dealers are selling all mags separate now. It's a buyers market. When you see stripped lowers for over $800.00 you know it's to late to prepare.

Carbonfly
04-30-2009, 14:26
Not just them, during the ban most dealers were doing it. Some of the Gun Show dealers are selling all mags separate now. It's a buyers market. When you see stripped lowers for over $800.00 you know it's to late to prepare.

I think you mean it's a seller's market?

rns-glock37
04-30-2009, 16:35
have you tried atp on college park road? goose creek pd, summerville, and berkeley frequent there often. i'm not sure if they are a leo dealership but if you're in summerville then they are to close not to stop by and see.

Brently
04-30-2009, 18:34
have you tried atp on college park road? goose creek pd, summerville, and berkeley frequent there often. i'm not sure if they are a leo dealership but if you're in summerville then they are to close not to stop by and see.

I'm in Summerville when I go home in a few weeks.... I'm stationed in Hawaii right now. I called ATP today and they are not a LEO dealer.

Magicmanmb
04-30-2009, 21:35
I think you mean it's a seller's market?

Sorry I was trying to discuss our house purchase with my wife at the same time and reversed it. Until we have the deed back from the clerks office
she's driving me crazy. She's afraid the current owners will trash because they needed 45 days for posession. They are in there 80's so they had to hire a moving co. and that's there time frame.

CarlosC
05-02-2009, 07:54
NE Richland Co.

Welcome to the forum. I check in here every so often, but I usually hang out in the AK section.

Tater.40
05-02-2009, 09:51
Hello,from greer sc.

bagballa
05-05-2009, 15:17
Not only are gun prices high in charleston, but FFL transfers are insane.
Trader World wants what? $50, ATP $75? Local pawn shops usually ask $35.
Heck, used glocks sell for $525-$575.

Walterboro... I teach at Trader World most every Saturday

Howard

Hank W.?
I think I took one of your classes.

Magicmanmb
05-05-2009, 15:24

Hank W.?

You guys got it cheap we have $100 and up for transfers except for the police supply. Used Glock 22 generation 2 $595.00 locally. I'm still trying to find a trade for my SW99 .40 cal for a G19. Then I'll work on the ammo.

Crazy KD
05-05-2009, 16:41
Go to gunbroker.com and look up FFL dealers by zip code. I found one in Charleston for $25 right near my house. I looked up Myrtle Beach and found two for $25 in a quick search. Not saying that is much cheaper though as I haven't found guns or ammo cheaper on gunbroker right now.

hpj3
05-05-2009, 21:05

Hank W.?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope... See sig above - Howard

Brently
05-05-2009, 22:24
Go to gunbroker.com and look up FFL dealers by zip code. I found one in Charleston for $25 right near my house. I looked up Myrtle Beach and found two for $25 in a quick search. Not saying that is much cheaper though as I haven't found guns or ammo cheaper on gunbroker right now.

http://www.hhbguns.com/untitled1.html

Very nice guy... 15 bucks

tdevil4lyf
05-05-2009, 22:33
sumter,sc

Magicmanmb
05-06-2009, 06:30

The list isn't up to date Steve's is out of business also the Astro Ammo and Gun listing he's been Out for 3 years.

JGguns
05-06-2009, 19:17
I live in greenville SC:wavey:

Tater.40
05-11-2009, 13:30
:wavey:South Carolina Here

CharlestonG26
05-15-2009, 19:46
FWIW...yesterday, I printed the list of participating gun dealers for the discount program from the GSSF website. The only dealer listed for SC is Lawmen's in Columbia. I also talked to a retired LEO who lives in the Charleston area this week and he told me that he had to go to Columbia to pick up his new G19 at Lawmen's.

Magicmanmb
05-16-2009, 08:08
The list isn't up to date Steve's is out of business also the Astro Ammo and Gun listing he's been Out for 3 years.

We have another dealer trying to get on the stocking LEO with Glock both good guys but Glock requires you to stock like 10 or 15 thousand at wholesale. But GSSF can order 1 per year better than nothing.

If anyone needs a fairly current list of FFL's that will transfer in this area let me know I've called them all Prices range from $25/40 to $100+ and some will only transfer long guns. The only one I know that will receive from non-FFL is Myrtle Beach Police Supply.

LUNG-G19
05-20-2009, 23:45
hey, Spartanburg here!! Shdwboy if you want to find others near you check out http://carolinashootersforum.com/index.php

bdurham
05-29-2009, 08:36
Two horse town of Central, SC Upstate near Clemson

GT4494
05-30-2009, 21:18
Been to Central, nice place. Kids live in Liberty. It only has 1 Horse...:horse:

:cool: