PTT for HPR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PTT for HPR

edtf
04-18-2009, 06:02
How can one apply for PTT for HPR? It seems like it is easier to apply for a PTC than a PTT. All I want to do is bring the rifle to the range (well different ranges) and back.

alphaq
04-18-2009, 09:07
I tried to ask for one from FED. But i was told they do issue PTC.
Not PTT for HPR... Malulugi sila... : )

edtf
04-18-2009, 09:13
I tried to ask for one from FED. But i was told they don't issue PTC. Not PTT for HPR... Malulugi sila... : )

I heard meron PTC daw :whistling:

If they don't issue PTT then paano kaya yung mga sumasali sa comp? For those specific dates lang? How can you practice then???

3kings
04-18-2009, 19:30
a. yes FED issues ptc. got mine just last dec 08
b. prior to that im using ptt only. ptt issued during competition period only
c. prior to "b" i was issued a ptt for 3months at specific and accredited rifle ranges only. but later on they implemented "b" which is during competition period. - bat kaya paiba iba ng desisyon sila.

oh before i forget, the applicant must be a valid gunclub member that has a rifle firing range.

hope this helps.

edtf
04-18-2009, 20:59
a. yes FED issues ptc. got mine just last dec 08
b. prior to that im using ptt only. ptt issued during competition period only
c. prior to "b" i was issued a ptt for 3months at specific and accredited rifle ranges only. but later on they implemented "b" which is during competition period. - bat kaya paiba iba ng desisyon sila.

oh before i forget, the applicant must be a valid gunclub member that has a rifle firing range.

hope this helps.

thanks 3kings!!!!! oo nga naman bakit paiba iba naman! So they would rather let rifle competitors break the law then help them out for their sport??? Haaaaayyyyyy as usual kitid utak nanaman!!!

adenine
04-19-2009, 01:14
I've personally talked to a guy from FED friday last week, masyado mahal PTC nila for HPR. Maige na sana PTT kahit vailidity ay 3 months. And mind you, nag offer na rin sila ng 6 months.. They say it would be a lot cheaper if i get the PTC coz validity daw is 1 year.:upeyes:

edtf
04-19-2009, 01:57
I've personally talked to a guy from FED friday last week, masyado mahal PTC nila for HPR. Maige na sana PTT kahit vailidity ay 3 months. And mind you, nag offer na rin sila ng 6 months.. They say it would be a lot cheaper if i get the PTC coz validity daw is 1 year.:upeyes:

ha?!?! 6mos PTT? Magkano raw? Yon nga eh ang mahal mahal ng PTC tapos hindi katulad ng Handgun that I would bring everyday.

st. matthew
04-19-2009, 04:51
wow!!ptc for rifles??!!
mahirap yata makahanap ng iwb holster pang rifle :tongueout::supergrin:

adenine
04-20-2009, 19:14
ha?!?! 6mos PTT? Magkano raw? Yon nga eh ang mahal mahal ng PTC tapos hindi katulad ng Handgun that I would bring everyday.

Guess what sir, when i called the guy from FED yesterday kc ready na reqts, negative na daw muna process cya ng PTT..:dunno: Hold daw muna for now... PTC for HPR na lang daw muna pina process nila as of the moment... ung sa PTT for handguns c/o gunclubs ang go pa din. Btw, 20k ang asking samin sa PTC for HPR..:wow:

edtf
04-20-2009, 19:36
Guess what sir, when i called the guy from FED yesterday kc ready na reqts, negative na daw muna process cya ng PTT..:dunno: Hold daw muna for now... PTC for HPR na lang daw muna pina process nila as of the moment... ung sa PTT for handguns c/o gunclubs ang go pa din. Btw, 20k ang asking samin sa PTC for HPR..:wow:

WOW!!!! 20k!!!!! Yan ang sinasabi ko! law abiding gunowners are taking the brunt of the red tape!! Why can't they give the legit owners easier access to permits so that they won't be forced to break the law

adenine
04-20-2009, 21:33
WOW!!!! 20k!!!!! Yan ang sinasabi ko! law abiding gunowners are taking the brunt of the red tape!! Why can't they give the legit owners easier access to permits so that they won't be forced to break the law

That is why most members of our GC, umurong sa PTC application... Dati kc puro kmi PTT. A few kumuha because they can afford it. To bad for me, na gusto mag enjoy ng hobby, d ko kya un, i'd rather save the amount for a new 1911 project. benta ko n lang HPR ko... or manghiram nalang sa mga kasama sa range...:supergrin:

Afterall tama c sir st matthew, mahirap yata makahanap ng iwb holster pang rifle!:rofl::supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
04-21-2009, 23:51
I've never had a PTT for more than a competition's duration.

adenine
04-22-2009, 18:47
I've never had a PTT for more than a competition's duration.

The longest duration i've availed was 3 months...

Allegra
04-22-2009, 19:40
woohoo magiging rifle and shotgun range na kami
gusto ko rin yata ng hi fowered rifle na yan
Dami daga dito

edtf
04-23-2009, 06:49
woohoo magiging rifle and shotgun range na kami
gusto ko rin yata ng hi fowered rifle na yan
Dami daga dito

parang gusto ko nalang nga bumalik sa .22 bolt rifle ko - masnapapakinabangan ko pa nga yon eh :steamed:

CatsMeow
04-23-2009, 19:09
P20k for a PTC for a rifle? At that price, the rifle would leave home with me every day, para sulit. Time to look for a rifle case that doesn't scream "GUN!". Golf bag perhaps?:supergrin:

ron-d75
04-24-2009, 03:34
So hold sila ngayon sa PTT sa HPR as for now. But prior to this hold bro, approximately how much was the PTT for HPR and how long din namin ang validity nito?

Allegra
04-24-2009, 03:57
P20k for a PTC for a rifle? At that price, the rifle would leave home with me every day, para sulit. Time to look for a rifle case that doesn't scream "GUN!". Golf bag perhaps?:supergrin:

guitar case para antonio banderas

Young Once
04-24-2009, 18:43
Pahirapan talaga PTT for rifle, although I was also able to get one for 3 months. Don't know though if I will be able to do it again. Out of curiousity, has anyone tried LL when bringing their HPR to the range?

Kaiser Soze
04-24-2009, 18:48
Pahirapan talaga PTT for rifle, although I was also able to get one for 3 months. Don't know though if I will be able to do it again. Out of curiousity, has anyone tried LL when bringing their HPR to the range?

No offense bro, but that'd be really reckless. With all the operations being done by the PNP and FED making checks even in mall ranges from time to time, that's like asking for trouble. Kung meron man na nag LL dito in the past, wag na sanang ulitin, too risky, and the penalty is bad.

Was able to get a PTT for 3 days to bring my HPR to the gunsmith, forgot to ask for a 3 month one.

Young Once
04-24-2009, 20:17
None taken, KS. I know what you mean. However, the reason I ask is because there are some with HPR's firing on the range who will tell you, (If they know you and discreetly of course) that they are doing so LL. I don't know if this reply is prohibited or not, please let me know.

adenine
04-25-2009, 00:13
So hold sila ngayon sa PTT sa HPR as for now. But prior to this hold bro, approximately how much was the PTT for HPR and how long din namin ang validity nito?

For now sabi ng kausap ko, yes hold muna...for us in the province, PTT dati is good for 6k (i dont know sa iba), validity ay 3 months good to go ka to any recognized firing ranges in the Phils.

adenine
04-25-2009, 00:22
....the reason I ask is because there are some with HPR's firing on the range who will tell you, (If they know you and discreetly of course) that they are doing so LL.....

Some shooters really do this, but its way to risky as KS mentioned! If you get in trouble, you'd pay a lot bigger than what was due. Kya ingat! Better safe than sorry... Peace...:wavey:

edtf
04-25-2009, 06:00

sorry for the ignorance - what is LL?

Young Once
04-25-2009, 06:16
LL means "Lakas ng Loob." :=)

Kaiser Soze
04-25-2009, 07:03
Actually thats how some cops entrap you, they approach you during competitions, and invite you to "private" ranges, then say that its no problem bringing units there...they'll say that they themselves are only depending on "LL" when they bring their units, and when you go ayun, huli na.

ron-d75
04-25-2009, 10:36
For now sabi ng kausap ko, yes hold muna...for us in the province, PTT dati is good for 6k (i dont know sa iba), validity ay 3 months good to go ka to any recognized firing ranges in the Phils.

Thanks bro anenine. Another question bro? How does one transport a gun , especially a HPR, aboard a plane? Let's say may shoot in other provinces like in the Visayas. Kailangan pa ba additional documents , or the PTT or PTCOR would suffice?

TIA bro.:wavey:

Kaiser Soze
04-25-2009, 10:44
Thanks bro anenine. Another question bro? How does one transport a gun , especially a HPR, aboard a plane? Let's say may shoot in other provinces like in the Visayas. Kailangan pa ba additional documents , or the PTT or PTCOR would suffice?

TIA bro.:wavey:

You bring your PTT/PTC to the airport with the unit, and declare it upon entry to the airport police and ask for assitance (sometimes it helps to call ahead). The Airport Police examine it, you lock it and then leave it with them; you get a claim stub to be used when you arrive at your destination.

I haven't done it in a year or so, but I do know that you have to buy your FA a "ticket" for the plane. 600 or 650 ba?

adenine
04-25-2009, 15:47
You bring your PTT/PTC to the airport with the unit, and declare it upon entry to the airport police and ask for assitance (sometimes it helps to call ahead). The Airport Police examine it, you lock it and then leave it with them; you get a claim stub to be used when you arrive at your destination.

I haven't done it in a year or so, but I do know that you have to buy your FA a "ticket" for the plane. 600 or 650 ba?

Yes, in my case the airport police was kind enough to assist me in the FA fees. I was charged not more than Php500 for both the HPR and my pistol. Did not bothered to ask coz most of my friends paid xtra fees for each FA they brought. Tama nga sir KS, Php600 plus for HPR and less than 500 for pistols....

BTW, be careful fellow BOG's in bringing FA's especially with ammos in bulk. We had these experience last year with an airline (Cebu Pacific) to be exact. Ang tagal ng process nila! Better inform them way ahead of sched. Mahigpit cla masyado sa systems and procedures. We were travelling to Cebu (15 shooters ata if im not mistaken) na delay kmi sa flight for about 2 hours. Finally, after a long wait and argument, the airline had to ship the ammo separately with our FA. That was a situation ung pilot mismo ang may descretion. Me duda cguro.:supergrin:... And ang dami pa iba concerns.

Kya these days, nag via land na lang kmi...Kahit pa long travel! Mas enjoy pa! C u guys sa Davao!

edtf
04-25-2009, 20:53
As a follow up: the only permit to transport they are issuing for HPRs are House to gunsmith lang - HASSLE!!!! Anyone familiar with this PTT? I wonder if this will pass of a day of test firing HPR that just came from the gunsmith?????

Akala ko bagong license yung LL :D

ron-d75
04-26-2009, 02:49
Bro Kaiser Soze thanks and Bro Adenine many thanks.:wavey:

jawel
04-26-2009, 07:48
ang alam ko parang 800+ pag hpr, sa pistol 560.

one tima nakasabay ko mga psg, ang laki ng binayaran nila at ang dami nila dala rifles and pistols.

if madami ang dala nyo ammo its better to go to the cargo office of cebu pacific the day before your flight ( if from manila). if more than 10 kilos na ang dala mo na ammo they do not allow it as check in security item. rather they would prefer it handled as a cargo item. seguraduhin nyo lang na secured ang pag pack. this is to avoid the hassles lang po, like what adenine experienced.