Shooting Ranges in the state [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Ranges in the state

WileyG27
04-18-2009, 17:49
Let's get a thread going with a list of Mississippi ranges, their location, general rules, website, etc so we can get a comprehensive list and maybe give us all more options on where to go shooting. Saw where NRA_Guy said something about no place in Vicksburg to go shooting and thought we could all use the the info.

Just list places you have actually used or you are a member of.

Meridian: http://www.meridianshootingclub.org Located just Hwy 19S, one mile east of Meridian on Old Wire Road. Membership is $75 per year per family.

Open from 5pm till sundown, M-F... 7am till sundown on the weekends.

Up to 3 guests at one time are allowed, maximum of 2 visits.

There are a wide variety of ranges for types of shooting: Handguns, rifles and shotguns. Also has several skeet launchers and areas. No Class 3 autos, 50 BMG or cannons allowed.
This range was built for Meridian area LEOs/SWAT and Nat'l Guard but the Meridian Shooting Club is a private organization with range privileges. It's a very clean place and families are welcome. No alcohol allowed.

As soon as I re-join and have some free time, contact me if you want to go.

GlockMan40s&w
04-19-2009, 22:09
I'm a member of Magnolia RPC here in the Jackson area, it's a members only range, Joining Fees 100 1st year, 75 after that.

kirgi08
04-19-2009, 23:18
I wanna go.'08. :tongueout:

GunOneDown
04-20-2009, 17:37
SMGA Club in Pearlington,MS located just South of Stennis. (I-10/ Hwy 607)
Private club with Pistol, Rifle, and Skeet Range. Visitors welcome w/members
100 member club.
Smallbore competition and Action Pistol match third Sat and Sun each month respectively.

NO 50BMG No Class 3. NO ALCOHOL PERIOD.

thunderinms
05-09-2009, 06:03
I use the public range at Turcotte Education center. We should have a G2G there sometime.

1985 4Runner
05-09-2009, 06:26
Pascagoula Shooting Club

http://www.pascagouladcm.com/news.php

The club is affiliated with the National Rifle Association, the Civilian Marksmanship Program and the Mississippi State Firearms Owners Association.

The range is open every day from 8:00 AM until Dusk. This is a private club, so you must be a member or guest of a member to use the range. The yearly membership fee is $100. Participation in a club-recognized work day will reduce membership renewal to $70. Membership sign-up and physical range orientation will be on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month from 10 AM until 2 PM. Please contact Woody Woodworth at (251) 767-1128 for membership inquires.

Ranges from Pistol up to a 1000yd rifle range.

Note: Bring Bug Spray.

I joined in March

WileyG27
05-10-2009, 13:57
Pascagoula Shooting Club

http://www.pascagouladcm.com/news.php

Great looking place!:2gun:

See why I started this thread? I didn't know we had so many good ranges around the state! I thought most people were using their own property or land.

1985 4Runner
05-10-2009, 21:33
Great looking place!:2gun:

See why I started this thread? I didn't know we had so many good ranges around the state! I thought most people were using their own property or land.

Great Idea.

I did not know of the Meridian range or the one near Stennis.

Cthulha243
06-10-2009, 09:36
I live in the laurel hattisburg area. Does anyone know of any ranges close to those areas? I cant find one.

OXCOPS
06-11-2009, 00:54
No public ranges in the Oxford area. The Lafayette County LEO Assn just built a really nice range in the southwest part of the county, but it is for LE and association-approved use only.

GunOneDown
06-16-2009, 09:48
thats too bad for all the shooter up in the northern area.

cannoneer
06-16-2009, 19:07
Starkville gun club, $100 a year gets you a key to the range

ENT
06-17-2009, 21:44
For Cthulha243

There is/was a range just outside of Ellisville.
Pine Belt Rifle & Pistol Club, 731 Graves Road, Ellisville, MS 39437.
Phone: 601-763-6625

Don't know if it is still in operation. Have not been there in about a year. Nothing fancy, but a place to shoot.

MSglocklover
06-30-2009, 23:32
since no one posted or mentioned the woolmarket range i guess i would.

woolmarket gulf coast rifle and pistol club.

old hwy 67.

http://gcrpc.com/

link. i need to get out to a range i still haven't got to squeeze any off.... :steamed::steamed:

rsm688
06-09-2010, 12:26
No public ranges in the Oxford area. The Lafayette County LEO Assn just built a really nice range in the southwest part of the county, but it is for LE and association-approved use only.

I just stumbled onto this thread, anyways Lafayette County EMS doesn't happen to count as association-approved use does it :dunno:? (judging by your username I figured you would know :wavey:)

I would love to have a local range to use here in Oxford. Mississippi Auto Arms is talking about opening up a range here within the next year or so which will be nice.

-spencer-