Shooting at Taco Mac [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Taco Mac

thooks
04-19-2009, 18:36
Here is a call to a cause...

I ask that each one of you that support the right to carry when legal by law support those of us that live in areas that have businesses that choose to not support people that lawfully choose to protect themselves, to please take a few minutes and email Taco Mac and tell them that they need to open their eyes as a company and recognize that law abiding citizens aren't the problem.

Here's your background, I know you're asking why...Last year, where the GA legislature passed HB 89 and the governor signed it into law, this allowed people in GA to carry legally into restaurants and other places previously outlawed.

Taco Mac was an outspoken corporate citizen who exclaimed that they would not allow legally armed citizens in their establishments.

Now, one of their employees has chosen to take a gun and prevent a crime against his co-workers and the Taco Mac establishment.

http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2009/04/restaurant-manager-shoots-at-w.html

Please take a minute and fill out the stoopit form and tell Taco Mac how stupid they are (were) for holding an anti-gun position.

http://www.taco-mac.com/contact_us.htm

To give you some more background, there's been a few murders of late-night restaurant/bar employees in the downtown ATL area in the last 6 months. I'm sure this guy was doing what he needed to insure he made it home safe. Nothing wrong with what this guy did.

StoneDog
04-19-2009, 18:51
I don't eat at Taco Mac anymore because of this. Chili's get's my money now, when I'm in the mood for that kind of food.

FillYerHands
04-20-2009, 10:38
I was at Taco Mac on Saturday (not this one) but when I go, I just don't drink and I expect to be kicked out at any time. Fortunately no one has seen my concealed pistol.

I sent them a response via your link.

Wags_G19
04-20-2009, 17:35
You think this guy was carrying with out the knowledge of the company. :wow:
I heard on the news that he had his firearm in his car. Yeah Right...Like he saw what was going on and ran to his car and ran back in side. I bet because of TM's policy, that's what he said in fear of losing his job.

I can just hear him telling the corporate folks...."I was getting ready to leave, went to my car and holstered up...then I remembered that I had to go to the bathroom :toilet:, that's when I saw the BG and bang bang."

I am glad he has a GFL and he did what he had to do.

Let's just hope Taco Mac doesn't fire him now.

SCC
04-24-2009, 14:33
I have done some work in 3 of them and i had my gun on me :whistling:

Sir Glockster
04-27-2009, 12:43
I sent my thoughts via the given link as well.

glocktecher
04-29-2009, 21:17
I sent taco mac at least 2 mails when I first saw their no carry signs.

Never got a response.

They don't care.

Don't see why I should waste my time on this one.

Don't give them anymore money.

gwalchmai
04-30-2009, 07:54
Taco Mac plays their music too loud. I can't hear a thing in there.

Sir Glockster
05-04-2009, 07:23
I sent my thoughts via the given link as well.

To date, no response and don't expect one.

FillYerHands
05-04-2009, 10:34
Does anyone know what happened to the manager?

_JR_
05-23-2009, 01:21
Now, ill never eat at Taco Mac ever again.

hhamlin
05-26-2009, 17:05
I go there from time to time and I always carry. However i CC and nobody knows I am carrying.

GeorgiaGlocker
06-12-2009, 13:08
I will never give my business or my money to a business that does not support my 2nd amendment rights.

thooks
06-22-2009, 09:41
No, I don't know what happened to the manager, nor have I heard a reply, either. Hopefully they got 20-30 emails from this posting and the one I copied in a couple of other forums and got a little clue.

Happy Hunting
12-18-2010, 23:55
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead. I ate at the Taco Mac in Marietta tonight for the 3-mile island wings I have longed for since I last visited. I didn't have my pistol due to my knack for washing down the wings with a draught, but while I was waiting I saw the sign on the hostess podium. The sign says that you can't have a pistol, knife, or any other lethal object. I wanted to go somewhere else, but I broke down for the wings.

I tried to rationalize it by thinking they make 50% of their money from alcohol sales, but no dice. This CEO is just an idiot, and I hope he was humiliated by this news story. I met a manager tonight (managers have to check out of state ID's for drinking) and he was a nice guy. He said it was "a dumb ass rule(that servers cannot check them), especially for Alabama right next door".

My question was this: I believe that in states like TX if an establishment bans civilians from carrying weapons, they are required to have armed security present to make up for the deficit. This stipulation I can agree with, because it takes away money from the confused CEOs that instituted the signs. I was just wondering if that is a requirement everywhere.

loneeagle
12-19-2010, 12:46
i live in south georgia we dont have taco macs here but sounds like they overrule the gov. of georgia. or atleast they think they do.

GooberTim
12-19-2010, 13:49
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead. I ate at the Taco Mac in Marietta tonight for the 3-mile island wings I have longed for since I last visited. I didn't have my pistol due to my knack for washing down the wings with a draught, but while I was waiting I saw the sign on the hostess podium. The sign says that you can't have a pistol, knife, or any other lethal object. I wanted to go somewhere else, but I broke down for the wings.

I tried to rationalize it by thinking they make 50% of their money from alcohol sales, but no dice. This CEO is just an idiot, and I hope he was humiliated by this news story. I met a manager tonight (managers have to check out of state ID's for drinking) and he was a nice guy. He said it was "a dumb ass rule(that servers cannot check them), especially for Alabama right next door".

My question was this: I believe that in states like TX if an establishment bans civilians from carrying weapons, they are required to have armed security present to make up for the deficit. This stipulation I can agree with, because it takes away money from the confused CEOs that instituted the signs. I was just wondering if that is a requirement everywhere.

There is no requirement to have security in places off limits by Georgia law, nor by places that advertise "no weapons allowed". Signs carry no legal weight in Georgia - you may choose to carry if you wish, but if asked to leave, you must do so asap or face a trespassing charge.

I prefer not to spend my hard-earned $ in places that would rather I be disarmed for no reason. Especially Taco Mac; one of the owners of the group that owns Taco Mac is on the board of directors of the Ga Restaurant Association. That group in general and that individual in particular worked hard against the gun bills that Gov Perdue signed in 2010 and 2008.

There are too many good wing places in metro Atlanta to patronize Taco Mac.

FillYerHands
01-06-2011, 10:48
There are too many good wing places in metro Atlanta to patronize Taco Mac.

Agreed.

When I saw this zombie thread, it occurred to me that I have not been there in since this happened. Haven't missed it. I never went for the wings any way, and since they took the Cuban sandwich off the menu, I have no reason to go.

If I want a really loud television room, I'll go down to the man cave with my teenage son and his friends.

jbclark187
01-06-2011, 11:16
since they took the Cuban sandwich off the menu, I have no reason to go.

I know... what were they thinking?

bdcremer
03-06-2011, 18:04
I vote by not giving them my money. This will get their attention more than sending an email.

rickn
03-11-2011, 09:31
I prefer not to spend my hard-earned $ in places that would rather I be disarmed for no reason. Especially Taco Mac; one of the owners of the group that owns Taco Mac is on the board of directors of the Ga Restaurant Association. That group in general and that individual in particular worked hard against the gun bills that Gov Perdue signed in 2010 and 2008.

Good point. People like to single out Taco Mac and ignore that it was the GRA that lobbied against the bill. Considering the thousands of restaurants and food/drink companies that make up the GRA, it is impossible to avoid all of them.

Drink Coke? Part of the GRA board of directors, just like Tappan Co. Hooters, Popeyes, Chik-Fil-A -- on the board, along with a dozen or so others. Just like Tappan Co.

So, I go to Taco Mac and CC. I don't feel the need to single them out any more than I need to avoid Sam's Club or Georgia Power (both are members and sponsors who funded the anti-2A lobbying).