Recommended Gunsmith? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Gunsmith?

markieboy
04-22-2009, 19:42
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any can recommend a reliable and honest gunsmith in King-Pierce county area. I have meprolight night sights and would like them to be properly installed on my Glock 19. I am not confident to install them myself.

I called gun shops around my area and they're asking $100+ to install brand new sights I bought online for $70...which I think is ridiculous.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

VeeDubbinJetta91
04-22-2009, 20:48
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any can recommend a reliable and honest gunsmith in King-Pierce county area. I have meprolight night sights and would like them to be properly installed on my Glock 19. I am not confident to install them myself.

I called gun shops around my area and they're asking $100+ to install brand new sights I bought online for $70...which I think is ridiculous.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

I have a friend at work whose dad is a previous glock armorer, he owns all the glock factory tools including the sight installer, he let me borrow it to install mine. they were a piece of cake, i could ask if he would be willing to do the install for much cheaper than $100 bucks, Wades Guns in Bellevue Charges $60, still alot of money for something that takes all of 2 mins to do

markieboy
04-22-2009, 20:56
I have a friend at work whose dad is a previous glock armorer, he owns all the glock factory tools including the sight installer, he let me borrow it to install mine. they were a piece of cake, i could ask if he would be willing to do the install for much cheaper than $100 bucks, Wades Guns in Bellevue Charges $60, still alot of money for something that takes all of 2 mins to do

Yeah, I'd really appreciate it! $60 is still expensive, though. The installation, using the tools, look really simple and straightforward. If all else fails, I'll probably end up buying a rear sight pusher...then resell it. :faint:

Please let me know if your friend can accommodate me. Thanks again!

Wash-ar15
04-22-2009, 22:19
What is your location?? I have tool if you are close.

markieboy
04-22-2009, 22:46
What is your location?? I have tool if you are close.

Tacoma. But Seattle is not a problem. Are you offering service? Or selling the tool?

AA#5
04-22-2009, 23:00
I'm not the least bit mechanically inclined. I wouldn't dare try to change the oil in my car.

After having two "gunsmiths" scratch up my guns installing sights, I spent $100.00 for the sight tool & installed night sights on 4 of my Glocks, no damage to guns or sights & the tool more than paid for itself.

I did the same with my Sig P220ST. but their sight tool was $150.00 several years ago.

bisdak
04-22-2009, 23:58
If you'll be changing sights on any Glock guns in the future, then you may want to invest in the sight adjust/install tool and the front sight tool. I, too, had my first replacement sight done by an installer. Then I bought the tools and have been doing it myself. It is easy.

Wash-ar15
04-23-2009, 09:03
Tacoma. But Seattle is not a problem. Are you offering service? Or selling the tool?

I'll change then for ya for no cost. I work in Kent by boeing at 212th.

Seems quite a few of us in the area have the tool.

WSUXJer
04-23-2009, 12:37
LEEDS on 6th ave in Tacoma. ;)

markieboy
04-23-2009, 13:32
LEEDS on 6th ave in Tacoma. ;)

Great! Thanks guys. I may just purchase a sight tool. Seems like it pays for itself.

WSUXJer
04-24-2009, 11:32
If you buy them there, LEEDs installs for free. They actually have decent prices. I couldn't justify spending $100 for a tool I would only use a few times. The first set I think I paid them $10-15 to install. Every other set, I've just bought there and had them push it on.

markieboy
04-24-2009, 11:38
If you buy them there, LEEDs installs for free. They actually have decent prices. I couldn't justify spending $100 for a tool I would only use a few times. The first set I think I paid them $10-15 to install. Every other set, I've just bought there and had them push it on.

Awesome! Just called them. $15 for installation! Yeah, in my case, I can't justify spending $100 on something I'll use a few times.

Thanks so much for the tip! Definitely beats everywhere else I've called.