Rear ended during my comute to work yesterday. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rear ended during my comute to work yesterday.

Tweek's Turbos
04-23-2009, 15:34
While carrying. Traffic came to a quick stop in Rt 50 yesterday, but the gentleman behind me neglected to notice this. I saw him coming and turned into the shoulder and tried to move but he got me and bounced me into the grassy median.

I got out and he seemed fine, I had my G30 uncovered on my right hip. He either didn't notice it or care. Niether it seemed did anybody who watched and then drove away. We tried having a conversation regarding the accident, but he admitted that he spoke mainly chinese and not much english.

The whole time I was calm, **** does happen, but I really got angry when he called a friend who spoke english and she proceded to tell me she didn't speak chinese. What a load of bull****. Obviosly she spoke it, otherwise why would he have called? Later they did converse back an forth in chinese.

Fairfax Co dispatch called to get my location and I mentioned I was armed, then after some confusion I told her I had a gun, and if I should do something with it to avoid alarming the officer. (didn't want anybody thinking I was going to shoot the poor guy). So they had me just pop it in the trunk.

The officer was cool, just had us exchange papers and be on our way. My bumper just basically looks like it needs some paint.

On my facebook page I mentioned no state should issue a drivers license to anybody who cannot read english and of course some of my left friends dissagreed, but had no response when I explained this almost cost me my health yesterday.

Va Vince
04-23-2009, 16:11
While carrying. Traffic came to a quick stop in Rt 50 yesterday, but the gentleman behind me neglected to notice this. I saw him coming and turned into the shoulder and tried to move but he got me and bounced me into the grassy median.

I got out and he seemed fine, I had my G30 uncovered on my right hip. He either didn't notice it or care. Niether it seemed did anybody who watched and then drove away. We tried having a conversation regarding the accident, but he admitted that he spoke mainly chinese and not much english.

The whole time I was calm, **** does happen, but I really got angry when he called a friend who spoke english and she proceded to tell me she didn't speak chinese. What a load of bull****. Obviosly she spoke it, otherwise why would he have called? Later they did converse back an forth in chinese.

Fairfax Co dispatch called to get my location and I mentioned I was armed, then after some confusion I told her I had a gun, and if I should do something with it to avoid alarming the officer. (didn't want anybody thinking I was going to shoot the poor guy). So they had me just pop it in the trunk.

The officer was cool, just had us exchange papers and be on our way. My bumper just basically looks like it needs some paint.

On my facebook page I mentioned no state should issue a drivers license to anybody who cannot read english and of course some of my left friends dissagreed, but had no response when I explained this almost cost me my health yesterday.

I agree with the not reading english. They should have to be able to communicate as well. They dont have to speak like Myself, but atleast understand. FFX LE seems to be pretty decent about carrying, as well as Fauquier.

1*45
04-23-2009, 16:13
Glad your OK and not much damage, Just think if he was a illegal, you would have never seen him again, good luck if he is insured.
Could have been worse so we will look on the bright side. Watch your six! take care.

MavsX
04-24-2009, 05:51
sucks man. sorry. at least you weren't injured.

vafish
04-29-2009, 18:56
I rear ended a car in traffic the other day.

This midget jumps out of his new car, looks at the damage and says "I'm NOT Happy!"

I just looked at him and said, "Then which one are you?"

MavsX
04-29-2009, 20:07

This midget jumps out of his new car, looks at the damage and says "I'm NOT Happy!"

hahahaa. you did not say that, did you ? LOL if you did. Well then props to you, because that is hilarious.

RWBlue
04-29-2009, 23:07

That is a fairly old joke.

But you left off the end.

"At that point he informed me that his name was punchy and punched me in the nads."

Tweek's Turbos
05-12-2009, 18:50
Yeah, he was insured just got the check. Bumper just needs to be resprayed, but I won't deal with that untill another project is finished.

Alcoy
05-12-2009, 20:26
Sorry to hear about the accident. Traffic around NOVA is getting worse.

gtrcivic
05-15-2009, 08:21
i got hit by my coworker pulling out of a parking space at work. Her 4runner > my civic...Didn't see me and sort of hesitated to stop after contact was made to my passenger side 1/4 panel, bumper. $2300 damages done. Looks like the way it does before it was hit. But can see color match wasn't perfect, since it is a 10yr old car and paint fade/wear

Sure was a hassle and overall unpleasnat experience dealing with the insurance, adjuster, claims of my coworkers

RWBlue
05-15-2009, 09:09
i got hit by my coworker pulling out of a parking space at work. Her 4runner > my civic...Didn't see me and sort of hesitated to stop after contact was made to my passenger side 1/4 panel, bumper. $2300 damages done. Looks like the way it does before it was hit. But can see color match wasn't perfect, since it is a 10yr old car and paint fade/wear

Sure was a hassle and overall unpleasnat experience dealing with the insurance, adjuster, claims of my coworkers

My current vehicle has been in 3 crashes. None of which were my fault. I hate dealing with insurance people and body shop people lie to you.

This being said, I dare you to find where I have been hit. A good body shop guy should be able to blend your new paint to match your old paint.