Double Mag Holder for HPR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Double Mag Holder for HPR

Young Once
04-25-2009, 04:14
Does anyone use a double mag holder for their HPR for Home Defense? Was thinking of getting one, but am not sure about the added weight. Can anyone tell me their experience with double mag holders? TIA.

Kaiser Soze
04-25-2009, 07:01
Do you mean mag-couplers? Or a Redi-Mag? Ok naman, the weight is negligible with a good sling :)

Young Once
04-25-2009, 07:22
I think Mag Coupler. That gizmo you use to hold two mags together at the same time, while one is inserted in the gun. Good to know that weight is not an issue. GUess I'll get one soon enough. Thanks KS

akula
04-25-2009, 17:03
I've used this before although I have didn't encounter problems, but there are some valid issues (disadvantage) to think about :

1. Some says that the ammo (specifically, the 1st) on the spare/uninserted mag would move forward (eventually) and would interfere during the actual reloading process.

2. Dumping the coupled mag when you'll be reloading your '3rd' mag load requires a different or larger mouth dump pouch.

3. The coupled of mags actually is three-mag wide. Not only a different kind of mag-pouch needed, but takes up space.

BrassKnuckle
04-26-2009, 09:57
I use them on my HD gun. It's reassuring to know that I have 2 mags with it when I grab the gun. I load 2 tracers on the bottom of the first mag. When I see them fly I know it's time to switch over.

Weight was never an issue.