Holster for LCR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster for LCR

morgantheship
04-25-2009, 15:31
I was able to handle one of the new LCR's today and I am totally impressed. It was set up with CT grips and was selling for $675. It seems like a fair price especially with the CT.

My question - Will the LCR fit in my existing 642 or small frame revolver holsters? It seems like the LCR is the same size, but I didn't have anything to compare it to at the time.

Anyone have one already and using it with existing holsters?

Thanks.

morgantheship
04-29-2009, 06:27
I answered my own question last night. I took two of my holsters, an IWB Galco leather holster and a shoulder holster to try for fit with the LCR.

Neither of them fit. The trigger guard is a bit too large so if I decide to purchase the LCR, I will also have to find another holster to fit.

Sure was nice to handle that LCR again......I think it has me in a trance......

jamstutz
04-29-2009, 11:02
The LCR won't fit in any of the really form-fit J frame holsters, but it does fit in some of the looser fit holsters. I have a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster made for the J frame S&W and the LCR fits in it really well.

A number of the custom holster makers are now listing the LCR as a gun they make holsters to fit. Gould and Goodrich has a belt slide available. The bigger names like Galco are saying that later this year they will have holsters available.

On another note--XS Sights says they are making a Big Dot tritium front sight for the LCR that should be available to order by the end of May.

mickdundie
05-02-2009, 20:25
Fobus has their new 'Evolution' holsters for the LCR.

I don't know if they will fit the lazer grip though. Here is the one I bought:http://www.fobusholster.com/products/RUGER_LCR_EVOLUTION_BELT_HOLSTER-6157-111.html

My LCR doesn't have the CT lazer

Mick

EddieMossberg
05-06-2009, 21:47
+1 on the Desantis pocket holster, I have one for my LCR. I also have the Blackhawk pocket holster, size three, which works fine too. The Blackhawk is a little less bulky, but the Desantis is more secure as far as form fitting is concerned. The desantis will hold the gun while held upside down. The LCR rides great in the pocket, it pretty much just disappears while going about my daily routine. It's a bit snappy while shooting, but not too uncomfortable. my girlfriend can handle it and she's only shot twice.

jamstutz
05-15-2009, 07:36
I just got a Don Hume JIT Slide holster [#52] made for the SP-101 and the LCR fits in it like it was made for it.

mickdundie
05-16-2009, 18:49
I just got a Don Hume JIT Slide holster [#52] made for the SP-101 and the LCR fits in it like it was made for it.

Got the Fobus holster and guess what...It says SP-101 on the package. I thought great, they sent me the wrong holster.

Nope. Fit like a glove.

It's injected polymer from what I understand so there is 'NO' room for error.

So I would say any SP-101 holster should fit the LCR:supergrin:

Mick

jamstutz
05-16-2009, 19:08
...So I would say any SP-101 holster should fit the LCR:supergrin:

Mick

As long as it is a holster that doesn't use a thumb break or retention strap. The "humpback" of the LCR is shaped pretty differently from the SP-101.

mickdundie
05-16-2009, 19:12
As long as it is a holster that doesn't use a thumb break or retention strap. The "humpback" of the LCR is shaped pretty differently from the SP-101.

Good point!:thumbsup:

glockess56
05-21-2009, 23:05
I tried one at the range in my Don Hume JIT holster I carry my 638 in and it fit. I didn't try it in my DeSantis holster yet. I do like that gun though and might have to buy one. The trigger on that is great.

ab4ka
06-14-2009, 21:19
+1 on the Desantis pocket holster, I have one for my LCR. I also have the Blackhawk pocket holster, size three, which works fine too. The Blackhawk is a little less bulky, but the Desantis is more secure as far as form fitting is concerned. The desantis will hold the gun while held upside down.

That's the problem I had with the Desantis Nemesis...it holds on too tight and whenever I'd try to draw it would come out with the gun (I don't have an LCR but I've got another snub). I've tried them with two different guns with the same results. I prefer the Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I went with a size 4 and it holds my .38 perfectly and it stays in my pocket every time I draw.

cNe
07-06-2009, 12:52

did you put 2 1/4 on there for barrel length or did you put 1.875 when you ordered? i'm assuming you put down 2 1/4 as that's what they have stock

don hume makes good stuff, wish you had pics

jamstutz
07-06-2009, 15:24
did you put 2 1/4 on there for barrel length or did you put 1.875 when you ordered? i'm assuming you put down 2 1/4 as that's what they have stock

don hume makes good stuff, wish you had pics

2 1/4"

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=176964&stc=1&d=1246915406

cNe
07-08-2009, 09:54
2 1/4"

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=176964&stc=1&d=1246915406

you the man!

i have one on order

hoping it works for my 3" sp101 in a pinch as well

i have all don humes for IWB, good and reasonably priced

corbon1
12-08-2009, 23:28
SharkTac can make you a holster for the LCR they made me one and its molded right for it. SharkTac.com

clarkstoncz
12-19-2009, 13:04
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/Rugers/LCR-Topless.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cz-zone-2.angelfire.com/HighNoon-LCR.html

Kartar
01-04-2010, 01:18
http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/ makes a number of holsters for the LCR. It is now my favorite holster and I have a lot of them and is made from thin molded leather. I purchased the "southern sidekick" which is an adjustable and tuckable IWB.

joshs74nova
01-21-2010, 20:02
I carry mine IWB with a galco stow-n-go. It's formed nicely to the gun. At first I didn't think I would like it, but I enjoy it more than my way too expensive OWB leather galco off of the ruger website. Hope that helps.

-Josh

herose
02-02-2010, 15:22
have seen quite a few on ebay from holster makers, different styles even crossdraw. Can't vouch for quality but they look good and priced good too.