WTS: Turn key holster business in Houston [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Turn key holster business in Houston

mliebs8
04-25-2009, 18:38
$4000 for everything
I have been making holsters on Glocktalk for about a year and a half now and have decided that I want to step away and get into something else. I want to sell everything in my shop as one unit and will only sell in the Houston area. At this moment I have a 60 holster backlog so the equipment will not be ready for approximately 8 weeks because I want to finish my commitments. Please don't contact me if you are not serious about buying everything, and if you are not close enough to pick everything up. Here is a list of the major equipment that's included, I also have finishes, edgers, head knife, punches, clamps and other basic leather tools.

1) Artisan Toro 3000 sewing machine (the entire machine was replaced in July by Artisan so it's pretty much brand new).
2) Custom made dies for cutting the patterns: Patterns include the following.
Old style: G26/27, G19/23, 3" 1911, Springfield XD9, Springfield Subcompact, and the straps used for these.
New style: G26/27, G19/23, 5, 4, and 3" 1911, plus straps used for these. These patterns will also fit other firearms.
3) Moulding guns: G26/27, G19/23, G17, G36, G30, 3,4,and 5 inch 1911, Springfield XD9, and Springfield Subcompact.
4) 20 ton press with rubber pads and metal pads for initial moulding.
5) Drill Press for burnishing edges.
6) Fantastic edge burnisher
7) 1" cutting boards (very nice and very pricey)
8) 8" bench grinder with knife sharpener attachments
9) leather skiver (can be used on leather about 5" wide
10) bench mounted strap cutter
11) bench top belt sander
12) dremel tool with a buch of different attacthments

I'll also have either 1 or 2 unused Hermann Oak Leather double bends in drum died black with moss backing. This is about $10 a square foot and I should have about 10-20 square feet left over, I'll also have quite a bit of misc Hermann Oak and Wickett & Craig leather. I only used pull the dot snaps which are expensive, I'll have enough to do another 50 holsters when I'm finished.

You'll also have other things like clamps, containers, thread etc.

These holsters have been proven to be reliable and comfortable, this is a total turn key operation.

Total Price: $4000 Also includes hands on training to show you how to make the holsters (something that would have been priceless when I started).

I'm not looking to make a profit, I'm just looking to get out of the business and give someone else a nice start. If you are interested please email me at:
liebel0557@sbcglobal.net

pens-66
04-25-2009, 19:22
Noooooooo :crying: This seriously breaks my heart! Thats like hearing that Glock is not going to make handguns anymore... I wish you luck in whatever you do and it has been a great experience being able to own one of your works of art!

mliebs8
04-25-2009, 19:24
Noooooooo :crying: This seriously breaks my heart! Thats like hearing that Glock is not going to make handguns anymore... I wish you luck in whatever you do and it has been a great experience being able to own one of your works of art!The holster I promised you will be delivered before I stop making them. :wavey:

ragu1macrider
04-25-2009, 19:25
I have been making holsters on Glocktalk for about a year and a half now and have decided that I want to step away and get into something else. I want to sell everything in my shop as one unit and will only sell in the Houston area. At this moment I have a 60 holster backlog so the equipment will not be ready for approximately 8 weeks because I want to finish my commitments. Please don't contact me if you are not serious about buying everything, and if you are not close enough to pick everything up. Here is a list of the major equipment that's included, I also have finishes, edgers, head knife, and other basic leather tools.

1) Artisan Toro 3000 sewing machine (the entire machine was replaced in July by Artisan so it's pretty much brand new).
2) Custom made dies for cutting the patterns: Patterns include the folowing.
Old style: G26/27, G19/23, 3" 1911, Springfield XD9, Springfield Subcompact, and the straps used for these.
New style: G26/27, G19/23, 5, 4, and 3" 1911, plus straps used for these. These patterns will also fit other firearms.
3) Moulding guns: G26/27, G19/23, G17, G36, G30, 3,4,and 5 inch 1911, Springfield XD9, and Springfield Subcompact.
4) 20 ton press with rubber pads and metal pads for initial moulding.
5) Drill Press for burnishing edges.
6) Fantastic edge burnisher
7) 1" cutting boards (very nice and very pricey)
8) 8" bench grinder with knife sharpener attachments

I'll also have either 1 or 2 unused Hermann Oak Leather double bends in drum died black with moss backing. This is about $10 a square foot and I should have about 10-20 square feet left over, I'll also have quite a bit of misc Hermann Oak and Wickett & Craig leather. I only used pull the dot snaps which are expensive, I'll have enough to do another 50 holsters when I'm finished.

You'll also have other things like clamps, containers, thread etc.

These holsters have been proven to be reliable and comfortable, this is a total turn key operation.

Total Price: $5000

I'm not looking to make a profit, I'm just looking to get out of the business and give someone else a nice start. If you are interested please email me at:
liebel0557@sbcglobal.net

I'm glad I had the opportunity to deal with you Mike. My prayers go out to you for success in you new endeavor.

pens-66
04-25-2009, 19:27
The holster I promised you will be delivered before I stop making them. :wavey:

I know...its just the thought that it will be the last one of yours I will get. :wavey:

ebarber
04-29-2009, 19:54
Sorry to see you go Mike you make a very fine holster and have a very loyal following. Best of luck to you my friend.

Eric

smoke 8
04-29-2009, 20:01
GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

I GUESS I WILL END UP WITH ONE YOUR LAST PIECES OF ART(HOLSTER) :supergrin:

simulatedjim
04-30-2009, 17:56
Wow! I looked on here for one reason and it was to buy a holster for a 3" 1911. I love the holster I got for my G33 and wanted a match for the 1911. Sorry to hear you are moving on but wish you the best of luck.
P.S. If their is even a chance of getting a holster please PM me.

iRenegade
05-01-2009, 14:35
Wow, I'm glad I'm included in the last 60 of the Mike holsters!
Too bad Mike, the holsters look incredible and glocksters will be missing out on them!
I wish you all the best!

mliebs8
05-02-2009, 06:27
I apprciate the kinds words. I'm really surprised someone hasn't taken this yet, it's a great way to make money and everything is ready to go.

pens-66
05-02-2009, 12:05
I apprciate the kinds words. I'm really surprised someone hasn't taken this yet, it's a great way to make money and everything is ready to go.

Mike, Maybe some are just waiting for your backlog to be closer to being done. I'm sure when that time comes closer you will get some hits.

mliebs8
05-02-2009, 13:23
Mike, Maybe some are just waiting for your backlog to be closer to being done. I'm sure when that time comes closer you will get some hits.That's what I'm hoping for. I had one guy that seemed pretty interested and I actually thought he would have been a good fit because of his background but I think his funds may be a little tight. Just the sewing machine, dies, and moulds cost a little over $4000 so I think the price is very reasonable. Well anyway back to work. :wavey:

AR-Jim
05-02-2009, 13:26
I was one of Mike's first buyers here on GT, and I can say wholeheartedly - you will be missed. The quality and price of your holsters has always been excellent. I wish you nothing but the best in your new endeavors.

Regards,

Jim

Magicmanmb
05-02-2009, 14:49
Wish I was closer, something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

iRenegade
05-02-2009, 20:01

Mike,
Perhaps you can post the OP in one or more of the "for sale" forums? I don't know what the GT rules are.
But maybe in the Holsters and "non-gun related" forum?
With the economy being what it is, one would think there's got to be somebody in the Houston area that wants to start up!
Good luck!
Jeff

mliebs8
07-25-2009, 07:48
Last time to the top with a reduced price.

krab
07-25-2009, 17:10
Mike,

Good luck whatever you do. It was a pleasure dealing with you!

Ron

Esco
07-27-2009, 14:03
Aww man...this is terrible news! Never got to try your new style holster =( I bid you lots of luck in whatever you choose to endeavor in next.