Cabarrus county permit waiting period [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cabarrus county permit waiting period

Palmer812
04-25-2009, 19:25
Has anyone here recently got a handgun permit in Cabarrus County? Monday will be 2 weeks and it is killing me. The last time I got one was a few years ago and it only took 3-4 days. My g27 is waiting on me.

Grayson
04-26-2009, 20:04
Jeez...:( a short term answer is to get your CCW permit.

The BEST answer is for us to unite and tell the G.A. that any "progressive" worthy of the name, as most of them seem to be, should have no trouble whatsoever striking an old "Jim Crow" law off of the books. For that's precisely what our current pistol permit situation is.

Unfortunately, the state Sheriff's association feels differently. :steamed:

I somehow doubt MY Sheriff belongs to said association. The county paper just had a big write up last week about how gun buying and CCW applications have SOARED since Obama got in. Had some quotes from my Sheriff, he came off as VERY pro-2A.

lemondrop9344
05-01-2009, 17:50
It took me less than 2 weeks to obtain the purchase permit(s) back in March. I'm going on 4 weeks waiting on the CCW permit. When I applied for the CCW, you could go down on Mon., Wed. or Fri. without an appointment. I was told that would probably change soon.

THE PUNISHER
05-11-2009, 10:58
5 days you have to wait in surry for a pistol permit....

lemondrop9344
05-12-2009, 18:39
Has anyone here recently got a handgun permit in Cabarrus County? Monday will be 2 weeks and it is killing me. The last time I got one was a few years ago and it only took 3-4 days. My g27 is waiting on me.
It took me 41 calendar days. Applied 4/1/09 was called by sheriff yesterday 5/11/09.