Trend Micro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trend Micro

PaleHorseLXVIII
04-26-2009, 05:18
I bought a new laptop back in March, and installed Trend Micro Anti-Virus on it. I had never used Trend before, and mainly grabbed it because the Geek Squad informed me it didn't bog down on memory as much as Norton.

Since I've bought the computer, Trend has not had to block any viruses, intrusion attempts, or unauthorized changes. I have checked each of my logs that I am sent every 3 days, and they have never contained one virus or spyware attempt. There is supposed to be a chart that is formed to show the trends of the viruses / intrusions it prevents, however, as would be expected, there is no chart to plot.

Is this to be expected? I'm kind of shocked. Norton would always find at least one or two suspect cookies or add-ons on my old desktop.

I should also note that I only use FireFox as my web browser.

I'm not complaining, because I really can't, however it just sounds too good to be true.

Thanks for any insight.

CitizenOfDreams
04-26-2009, 08:46
Since I've bought the computer, Trend has not had to block any viruses, intrusion attempts, or unauthorized changes.

Is this to be expected?

Contrary to a popular opinion, it is totally expected for a Windows/IE user not to get any viruses if he has a bit of common sense and does not click everything he sees.