possible relocation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : possible relocation

racine
04-26-2009, 23:52
I've just interviewed for a job in the Seattle area. I worked in Olymia for 4 years and loved the area. My only concern is the higher cost of living up there vs. where I live now in the south. I stand to take a $10-15K / yr pay cut if I move and have less time off. Though the lifestyle would be a major improvement I would be rejoining the ratrace. What do you guys think?:shocked:

Wash-ar15
04-28-2009, 14:53
Unless you really need the job,I would stay south. Freakin weather is terrible. This is from a guy who's live here for 40 years. I'm heading south when I retire.

The price of house has not gone down much in the seattle area. they just raised the sales tax and are thinking of a income tax.

As i said,unless you are about to lose your job,stay where you are.:wavey:

Glockster_James
05-13-2009, 02:11
Oh come on...move up to like Blaine or Bellingham areas. :cool: Weather is even better there...especially if you love the snow like I do but don't want it all year round. ;)

Seriously though...if you're taking a pay cut and moving to a more expensive area...that doesn't make for a very good choice unless its really what you want. Personally I think Olympia area would be a good place to live and work vs. Seattle area...but thats just me I guess.

racine
05-13-2009, 09:04
I appreciate the feedback guys. I've thought about it a lot after leaving the Pac. NW. I guess I'll take the 16 weeks off a year and a better salary with no traffic over the rat race and stay put. I can always travel to the San Juans or to Seattle anytime. What was I thinking about???:wow:
I Love My (Volvo) Glock:supergrin: it never lets me down!
Racine