CCW Class in Tucson? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Class in Tucson?

mudmanfloyd
04-27-2009, 15:57
Howdy, I just moved from Utah and though I have a Utah permit I believe that I now need an AZ permit to carry. I have an Arizona driver's license and all that stuff now.

I am looking for a good place to take the CCW class and submit my application for the permit. Can any of you recommend an instructor, class, or shop?

Thanks,

Mud

hosieford
04-27-2009, 16:02
You can try the Marksman Pistol Institute on East 29th Street. Jim Stover is the director of training there and puts on a pretty good class. You can call them at (520) 747-8657.

mudmanfloyd
04-27-2009, 19:20
Thanks Hosie. Any other suggestions from anyone else?

Lone_Wolfe
05-01-2009, 12:45
Go to Slask/K guns and inquire there. I think the guys name is Charlie that does the class there. I sat a reloading class and he's real down to earth

raising_arizona
05-06-2009, 21:12
Thanks Hosie. Any other suggestions from anyone else?

Diamondback Police Supply on S. Kolb does them as well. Don't let the name fool you, they serve John Q. Public too. ;)

thin blue line
05-19-2009, 20:23
when I lived in Tucson about 7 years ago, Marksman seemed to have one of the better programs for the AZ mandatory class. I was a range member and really enjoyed the staff and the other members there. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth

azdick
05-20-2009, 05:54
Charles Heller teaches a very good class, you can reach him through the AZCDL & he will be at the gun show at the Pima county fairgrounds at the AZCDL table on Saturday, or catch him Sunday mornings on the swap shop and liberty watch radio shows on radio 930 am.

Pierre!
06-09-2009, 09:13
Perfect Thread for me...

I just got a transfer to Tucson. Good to know the Marksmen is still there on 29th... it was there 26 years ago when I left Tucson. Someone did a good job of minding their business.

My only issue is that coming from Nevada, still employed by a NV Corp, I will have to RETURN to NV on a regular basis.

I haven't really dug into the issue yet, but I know that AZ honors NV CCW, but not the other way around! I guess I should check NV for who they DO approve, then perhaps license there?

Never a dull moment...

thanks for the info so far!

UPDATE - yah, looks like I will need a Utah CCW. Pretty sure out of state can get one of these... HTH