Shoot Straight getting dangerous...another suocide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Straight getting dangerous...another suocide

njl
04-27-2009, 16:48
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/042709_Another_shooting_at_gun_range

The owner must seriously be thinking WTF...why my range?

Perhaps it'll be the end of gun rentals.

gforester
04-27-2009, 17:43
All I can say is thank God he didn't take anyone else with him. What in hell is going on? Why are all the loony tunes coming out now?

DeputyDaddy
04-27-2009, 17:46
How long before that range goes out of business???

40 Cal Joe
04-27-2009, 18:07
Just heard about this. I was at Apopka yesterday. Last itme I was at the Apoka store, the other incident happened.

I feel sorry for the guys that work there. I am sure they are getting hammered by all the pressure.

djegators
04-27-2009, 18:41
What terrible luck for them. They seem like a good business, have done some business at Tampa store. Maybe the odds have caught up with them due to the high volume, or the negative publicity, but either way hate to see these tragedies.

LurkMastR
04-27-2009, 19:32
I'd be willing to bet this was a case of someone that saw all the media coverage on the 1st murder/suicide and thought "If I kill myself there, it'll be sure to get a lot of media attention."

It's a sad situation when people are despondent enough to take such drastic measures.

I've shot at that range a few times. I've seen and heard some less-than-glowing reviews of the store and their prices, and I know several people that would say this is "karma". Even if it is, I would have a hard time wishing this misfortune on anyone or any business.

pcguy
04-28-2009, 18:04
rumors are swirling about only ccw holders being allowed to shoot now....

South Fla
04-28-2009, 18:27
Wasn't it a Shoot Straight store in Tampa that there was a hostage situation about a year ago?

EDIT: It was at Shooting Sports Inc. and it was April 13, 2007.

njl
04-28-2009, 23:44
As predicted...no more gun rentals (at least as reported on the radio) until the state lets them do background checks on those wanting to rent.

JerryVO
04-29-2009, 06:54
As predicted...no more gun rentals (at least as reported on the radio) until the state lets them do background checks on those wanting to rent.

Was at SS tampa and I can confirm this as true.

40 Cal Joe
04-29-2009, 14:49
More government CYA tactic. Background checks do not reveal intent.

pcguy
04-29-2009, 15:22
It's quickly becoming apparent that our segment of society (gun owners) are fast becoming the minority. We are the new smokers.......

That's ok, you fat bastages are next!

LMBFlorida
05-08-2009, 13:07
I shot at the shoot straight Tampa range a few times and was surprised they did not have a range office on the range. The second (and last) time I shot there the folks next to me were waving their loaded pistols around and making me quite uncomfortable. I can't say I'm surprised this happened.

Knights in Clearwater always has an armed range officer on the firing line and I doubt either of these unfortunate events would have happened there.

njl
05-08-2009, 13:35
Neither of these recent incidents were accidents. I doubt a RO on duty walking around behind the firing line could have stopped either.

Public / pay per use ranges do tend to attract a less competent / more dangerous crowd.

Texas357
05-08-2009, 16:35
Media-fueled copycats. Assign blame where blame is due.

Passafist
05-11-2009, 21:22
Knights in Clearwater always has an armed range officer on the firing line and I doubt either of these unfortunate events would have happened there.

Knights is a joke. If you want to pistol shoot and have a good time, go over to Bill Jackson's. Clean, courteous and no AUTOMATIC weapons being fired by the RO...like I encountered at Knights.