Finally Official [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally Official

Bilbo Baggins
04-29-2009, 09:09
Well after moving down to georgia in 06 I finally pulled the trigger and applied for dual membership. As of April's meeting I am now not only a member of Parian #662 in Pa. but also Toccoa #309.
The guys here are great but I still felt just a bit of an outsider in my own mind.

bassman-dan
04-29-2009, 13:33
Was it difficult to transfer your membership from one state to another?
(I realize that the process is going to vary from one area to another)

Bilbo Baggins
04-30-2009, 06:44
Not difficult for me( of course the secretaries had a bit)

But really all it involved was the Geogia lodge had to go thru Grand Lodge, then they went to Pa Grand Lodge who went thru my home lodge to get a letter of good standing.
After that was done I was voted on just like a joining member.

I didn't transfer though, I now hold dual membership, I am a Past Master of my Pa lodge and didn't want to drop them.

deputy tom
05-05-2009, 15:21
Hey Brother.Don't feel like an "out sider" down there.You ARE a Brother where-ever you go.Even tho up here you were a member of a different Lodge you were still my Brother.You might not remember but I still recall our first meeting at a Washington Co. gunshow.Harry P's would know us both as well.My Lodge is merging with another and lots of worry showing between the Lodges involved.I say don't worry,we're all Brothers,right?tom.

Bilbo Baggins
05-06-2009, 05:29
No I really don't Tom. These guys treat me very well, in fact all the lodges I have to in both Georgia and South Carolina have been great. Of course I hear the old joke about the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee weekly LOL.
I feel truly blessed to be a member of this fraternity and have made great friends through it where ever I have traveled.