Looking for some short shooting classes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some short shooting classes

dugo
04-29-2009, 19:27
Been shooting for a while but have not done any formal training with firearms, beyond a couple of CCW courses. Been keeping an eye out for something a little more advanced, but not much.

Have some understanding of awareness and tactics, but have not trained much for years (injury), so I'm comparatively out of shape and rusty. Don't want anything fancy.

Problem: can't travel much and dont' have much time right now. Just looking for valid, basic practice in a class that I could do in a day, maybe (?) two max, that bridges the gap after CCW.

So, what programs around central VA do you have experience with, that you would recommend? (Don't need info on any that are not recommended.) Thanks, all.

G30Jack
04-30-2009, 10:32
I teach out of Winchester.

www.suarezinternational.com

dugo
05-04-2009, 05:30
Thanks, G30. Had not realized your group had those going on in VA. A little far for right now, but I'll be looking to schedule a class if possible in the future. Looks like there is a one-day semi-beginner's class with the group, but not scheduled yet in Winchester. Maybe I can make the two-day work (coming in a couple of months, if I recall).

G30Jack
05-04-2009, 09:52
The one day classes will be up on the schedule shortly. I just got the range schedule for the trest of the summer today.