Fathers Day Gift [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day Gift

nbk9fmr
04-30-2009, 13:09
ok, here is a question for my fellow GTer's

I am planning to by my dad a G19 for fathers day. Should I do a bill of sales and list as a gift or does it matter?

JerryVO
04-30-2009, 15:00
I understand where you are coming from and think it is a good idea, but the answer revolves around how your dad would react to such a thing.

If you explain to him that if the gun is ever stolen and used in a crime you want to be covered he may understand, or if he is an over reactor he may think that you ar just tryng to cover your ass if he is irresponsible with it or implicate him if the gun is stolen.

If he is understanding a signed gift bill of sale would work great.

If you think it would create a problem just write a letter that says on whatever date glock with serial number was gifted to your dad and mail it to yourself. The postmark will prove the date. Just file the letter away (SEALED) and if anything ever comes up you are covered. (IF YOU DO THIS DO NOT EVER OPEN THE LETTER, LET THE COURT SYSTEM OPEN IT SO THEY CAN NOT CLAIM TAMPERING)

nbk9fmr
04-30-2009, 15:24
I understand where you are coming from and think it is a good idea, but the answer revolves around how your dad would react to such a thing.

If you explain to him that if the gun is ever stolen and used in a crime you want to be covered he may understand, or if he is an over reactor he may think that you ar just tryng to cover your ass if he is irresponsible with it or implicate him if the gun is stolen.

If he is understanding a signed gift bill of sale would work great.

If you think it would create a problem just write a letter that says on whatever date glock with serial number was gifted to your dad and mail it to yourself. The postmark will prove the date. Just file the letter away (SEALED) and if anything ever comes up you are covered. (IF YOU DO THIS DO NOT EVER OPEN THE LETTER, LET THE COURT SYSTEM OPEN IT SO THEY CAN NOT CLAIM TAMPERING)

Yeah Dad is cool, I just dont want something to come up in the future. I will do the bill of sale as a gift so that way he is covered and so am I. thans for the info. Now if i can get him shooting IDPA me (one step at a time)

Glock_XXXVII
04-30-2009, 23:05
I would say no but, alot of people will disagree!