+2 magazine extenders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : +2 magazine extenders

BrassKnuckle
05-02-2009, 07:14
Been using +2 magazine extenders (with the stock mag springs) on my Glock magazines for years and never had any problems. In addition the the 2 extra rounds they give, they also make tactical reloads easier as they give me something extra to grab onto as I remove the partially-empty mag.

Is there anything that I need to know about them that might make me change my mind about using them? What I'm after is maximum reliability out of my pistols.

zorkd
05-03-2009, 09:46
none that i know off, been using them with glock26, no problems. but the additional 2 rounds can be a bit tight to get in the small glock26 mags, even with the + basepads

atmarcella
05-06-2009, 00:36
just use the original "glock" extenders. stay away from scherer, but arredondo makes excellent extensions.

Allegra
05-06-2009, 01:07
Been using +2 magazine extenders (with the stock mag springs) on my Glock magazines for years and never had any problems. In addition the the 2 extra rounds they give, they also make tactical reloads easier as they give me something extra to grab onto as I remove the partially-empty mag.

Is there anything that I need to know about them that might make me change my mind about using them? What I'm after is maximum reliability out of my pistols.

Sakin , if your not competing w/ the gun , aanhin pa yung plus 2 sa mags
In my experience , hindi sa practice nagjajam baril ko
During the match sya binibisita ni Murphy

BrassKnuckle
05-06-2009, 03:09
just use the original "glock" extenders. stay away from scherer, but arredondo makes excellent extensions.

Yes, they're original Glock extenders.

BrassKnuckle
05-06-2009, 03:11
Sakin , if your not competing w/ the gun , aanhin pa yung plus 2 sa mags
In my experience , hindi sa practice nagjajam baril ko
During the match sya binibisita ni Murphy

I only have the extenders on the spare mag/s. I use a stock magazine on the gun to maximize concealability while carried.

g17green
05-06-2009, 06:48
Hi how about pearce grip mag extensions??? are they ok for the glock 17's???

Allegra
05-06-2009, 09:29
I only have the extenders on the spare mag/s. I use a stock magazine on the gun to maximize concealability while carried.

May dala kang spare mags pang carry? ang bigat

BrassKnuckle
05-06-2009, 21:21
May dala kang spare mags pang carry? ang bigat

I leave the spares in the car so I have the option of packing one or both of them if I feel like it. Medyo mabigat nga, but not too bad. G19 lang naman.

I used to carry a j-frame revo (SW 649), so really, the 15rds on the Glock is a 300% improvement already. I just take along the spare mags anyway because they're there.

If I carried the spares more often I'd probably remove the extenders.

Sweater
05-06-2009, 21:43
Arredondo,in my opinion.-------Sweater

Allegra
05-06-2009, 21:56
I leave the spares in the car so I have the option of packing one or both of them if I feel like it. Medyo mabigat nga, but not too bad. G19 lang naman.

I used to carry a j-frame revo (SW 649), so really, the 15rds on the Glock is a 300% improvement already. I just take along the spare mags anyway because they're there.

If I carried the spares more often I'd probably remove the extenders.

Allergic kasi ako sa any mods sa pang carry
I dont even mess w/ the trigger nung 1911 ko dati
Even the most reliable na baril ang parating weakness ang mags

BrassKnuckle
05-06-2009, 22:36
A
Even the most reliable na baril ang parating weakness ang mags

This is what prompted me to start this thread on the +2 extenders.

Been googling the subject also but have not yet come across a definitive account of them causing problems.

atmarcella
05-06-2009, 23:24

i dont have any experience with pearce but to be absolutely sure if you ask me i trust only arredondo and.....arredondo ( i was going to say dawson but i have no experience with dawson )

brass,

you can use extra power mag springs for added reliablility, stock is 11coils, EP has 12coils.

Allegra
05-07-2009, 03:49
This is what prompted me to start this thread on the +2 extenders.

Been googling the subject also but have not yet come across a definitive account of them causing problems.

The best way to find out is to keep shooting it :)

I'd put a mod on my gun dati and shoot it ng hundreds of rounds w/ out a problem then pagdating sa match , dun sya magloloko
Sabagay , baka naman karma yun haha
I'm not saying they are worthless but I doubt they would be more reliable than orig mag. Lalo kung wala naman siya bibibigay na advantage over the orig

akula
05-07-2009, 04:36

All my three G26 mags are with +2 pearce grip mag extension. Gives my pinky an area to grip on.

I have actually used them on a few clubshoots just to refresh my G26 'capabilities'. No problem, except during inserting new mag (change-mags situations), the pinky gets caught and its quite painful.

No reliability problem. Most of our group who has G26 carries with a plus 2 'insurance'.

BrassKnuckle
05-07-2009, 06:00
brass,

you can use extra power mag springs for added reliablility, stock is 11coils, EP has 12coils.

I've heard of those... Will those springs still allow the full +2? Using the stock spring I find that I have to push hard to get the 2nd extra cartridge in the mag.

Are the extra power springs made by Glock also, and would Final Option have them?

Thanks!

BrassKnuckle
05-07-2009, 06:08
The best way to find out is to keep shooting it :)

That's the thing. I haven't encountered any problems with the +2 extenders in a couple thousand rounds fired through my G17, and about a thousand through the 19.

One time I got to borrow an FSSG and tried it on the 17 for a couple hundred rounds. No problems whatsoever despite the high rate of fire with +2 extenders on the stock mags (though the 33rd mags were more fun).

Then again that was just my experience and I didn't consider it "statistically significant". Hence this thread. Offhand though, I'm inclined to keep the +2's on, and maybe just try the extra power springs.

g17green
05-07-2009, 10:50
all my three g26 mags are with +2 pearce grip mag extension. Gives my pinky an area to grip on.

I have actually used them on a few clubshoots just to refresh my g26 'capabilities'. No problem, except during inserting new mag (change-mags situations), the pinky gets caught and its quite painful.

No reliability problem. Most of our group who has g26 carries with a plus 2 'insurance'.

thanks!

atmarcella
05-08-2009, 00:30
Are the extra power springs made by Glock also, and would Final Option have them?

the ones i have are made by ISMI, i dunno if final option has them. nakakahiya, pero meron ako 3pcs that im not using.

toxic
05-12-2009, 23:50
heres a link probably related to the topic.
http://journal.drfaulken.com/scherer-glock-27-magazine-extension-review/

Im out of the box person so iwas din ako sa any mods specially pag pang carry..to increase the capacity of my g26 i just bought a couple of g17 mags with a&g grip collar para walang gap sa grip and feels great..mabigat and mas mahaba yung mags helps in the recoil as well..yung stock mags w/ 10 cap iwan sa loob ng car ang dala ko lage x2 17rounders, why do i carry too much rounds ..la lang bopols kase ako baka di ako tumama.