IDPA at CFRPC Orlando [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IDPA at CFRPC Orlando

njl
05-02-2009, 16:02
I'm thinking about trying IDPA. I see there's a match tomorrow morning at CFRPC. Anyone else planning to be there?

I've shot GSSF, a few USPSA, and some informal local matches. What should I expect for an IDPA match?

rich52us
05-02-2009, 16:22
The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. The organization now boasts membership of more than 13,500, including members in 36 foreign countries.

http://www.idpa.com/

I belong to TSSA and shoot IDPA at Markham Park in Sunrise, Broward Co. It's great practise and fun. Saftey is paramount. You shoot stages set up to simulate possible real-life situations.

FlaChef
05-02-2009, 16:35
If you've shot USPSA then the biggest difference is IDPA shoot on Sundays and USPSA shoots on Saturday. :headscratch:

a littel slower, shorter stages and concealment gear. Same concept, different flavors.
It is not super tactical uber training, but it sure beats the heck out of siting on a static firing line shooting at the same unmoving paper target repeatedly. Good bunch of people too (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions come to mind;) )

I'd say come on out! i am usually out there, but i don't know about tomorrow if I will make it (my knee has been bad this week).

Japle
05-02-2009, 17:10
I've shot IDPA there several times. Well run range and fun matches.

John

SASS20485
05-18-2009, 14:44
Glad I went and tried it, enjoyed the match & the people. I also shot the IDPA match in Titusville this past weekend, another great match.