Ammo situation getting better? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo situation getting better?

Crazy KD
05-02-2009, 19:04
Well it has finally happened. My Walmart had cheap 9 mm range ammo in stock today for the first time in months. They also had tons of 223 and 357 Sig in stock. I've also recently found 380 ACP, 40, and 45 in stock at Walmarts. Hopefully the craziness has lessened at least a little bit.

There was a limit of 2 boxes of each type ammo per person.

Carbonfly
05-03-2009, 04:22
There was a limit of 2 boxes of each type ammo per person.

This is so stupid. I know it sucks when stores run out of ammo, but only buying 2 boxes? At least make the maximum 10 or something realistic. I heard that one walmart was doing this now down in Charleston because a guy came in and cleaned them out of 5 different calibers of ammo. Are all Walmarts doing this? I don't know why walmart cares anyways. If they sell it all, then it's more money for them.

Crazy KD
05-03-2009, 16:45
Until they are able to stock more ammo I'd tend to agree with their stance. I've heard it from more than one person that people are buying up ammo then flipping it for a profit. Heck someone offered me 223 ammo just the other day for more than what I know they paid for it. Just go on gunbroker.com and look at ammo prices.

I wont mention dealer names but that same $10 of Blazer 9 mm ammo from Walmart is about $20 here in Charleston and they have tons of it. I was in Lexington, SC visiting my father and stopped in another dealer there and again about $20-22 for cheap 9mm range ammo. Again, they had tons of it. I stopped at Henry's here in Mt P and he mentioned a larger dealer approached him to buy all his ammo. A second dealer in Mt P said that the same larger dealer is also stockpiling ARs to artificially drive up prices in the hope of a ban going in place. I visited that dealer and they probably had 15 ARs on display and none were less than $1,200 and they were pushing one of the more lower quality brands that was $1,200.

The lady at Walmart was very nice as I talked with her for probably 10 minutes and if I really wanted more ammo I could have simply brought my wife or made multiple trips back and forth to my car. Smaller quantities are easier for me to sneak into the house anyway.

Doc Pathfinder
05-04-2009, 20:43
I'm still looking for some pistol ammo at Walmart stores in the Upstate. It's been a long time since I have seen Winchester USA "white box" in 9, 40, or 45 at a Walmart around here.

Linux3
05-04-2009, 20:58
I was in a Walmart Saturday morning and they had a cart with a couple of cases of .40 and a couple of cases of .45ACP.
I bought 5 boxes of Blazer Brass. They had a 6 box limit but I only wanted 5. I do not support hoarding.

Carbonfly
05-05-2009, 05:42
I do not support hoarding.

I don't support hoarding either, but when I take the wife shooting with me. We easily go through 500-1000 rounds per trip to the range. :2gun:

Alcoy
05-05-2009, 06:12
The clerks were stocking last night at a local Wally World. Got six boxes of WWB.

rns-glock37
05-05-2009, 12:02
outside of the fear of the president's stance on firearms, why are people buying ammo like crazy? have i missed something?