Ridge Rifle Association Youth Shoot May 30th [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Rifle Association Youth Shoot May 30th

Dan
05-02-2009, 19:22
The Youth Safety Clinic and Shooting Event is an NRA sponsored event to promote gun safety and shooting skills among young people. The event is open free of charge to anyone between the ages of 8 through 18, and all materials are provided free as well. Firearms and ammunition will be provided for use during the event which are owned by Ridge Rifle, and there will be free food which will be provided by Kroger. The event will be held on Saturday, May 30th. Startup time is 9am, signups are open from 8 to 8:30am.

Our Youth Shoot for 2008 was a highly successful event with a turn out of 85 youth participants, so pre-registration is highly recommended.

For more information and pre-registration, please contact either Bill Moskowitz at (540) 966-5902, or Larry Clark at (540) 890-3264

Physical Address of the Range is:
5397 Botetourt Road
Rte. 220 South, 5 miles North of Fincastle, Va.

www.ridgerifle.com

Dan
05-11-2009, 18:42
-We will have a rep from Quaker Boy calls doing demos.

-VA Game officer to answer any questions and he will have something setup.

-Trying to get an Falconer.

-Trying to get a few other additional special guests, but I will keep you updated.

I'll be one of the coaches, so I hope to see someone from GT there!

rdeckard
05-21-2009, 08:18
This sounds really great! Good to hear the NRA is helping sponsor events like this.

Dan
05-30-2009, 15:02
What a Fantastic Day!!!

I had the pleasure of introducing 3 kids that never fired a gun before to the shooting sports... and they are HOOKED!

It was very refreshing to get to meet and talk to the parents. I even had one Mother tell me "My sons friends mother said it would be loud and it would sound like a war zone with the machine guns going off" She couldn't wait to go back to tell her how wrong she was. She learned so much from the Conservation Officer and the safety class. She even made a homemade turkey call with her son. I even got her information with "Woman on Target" and got her hooked up with the "Friends of the NRA"

Im not sure how she learned of our even or what brought her out, but having the opportunity to show what our sport is all about and hearing how much she has learned and how much her and her son enjoyed themselves made my day.