where to buy?
I'm based in Laguna

batangueno
05-03-2009, 11:02
Get golf lessons from a pro/teacher.

I hated golf kasi ang hirap. :supergrin:

ShootCraps
05-03-2009, 11:05
Try to find a range with group lessons. It's cheaper and you will learn the basics. The Golf for Dummies book is pretty good.

A complete beginners set can be found for less than $150.

I love it.

Mjames
05-03-2009, 11:53
I am a golf pro. Find a good teacher in your area. Try a Country Club Pro or someone that has good recomendations. Buy used clubs. I will check back later.
Mike

10big
05-03-2009, 19:18
i started with a golfer friend who taught me the basics and gave me the chance to try out the game without first spending on equipment... after a while, i found that i am enjoying the game so i decided to buy a second hand golf set... friends also helped me find the best deal...

a golf pro will almost always put you on the right steps...

inquire at any driving range near your area.

Wp.22
05-03-2009, 19:24
I tried it but golf don't like me.

Allegra
05-03-2009, 22:29
Thank you guys
Golf Pro check that!
How much should I spend for clubs ( is that what you call them ?)

Some of my clients are inviting me , di naman ako marunong
wont go into it full time , I just want to learn just enough lang

pogi
05-03-2009, 22:32
Thank you guys
Golf Pro check that!
How much should I spend for clubs ( is that what you call them ?)

Some of my clients are inviting me , di naman ako marunong
wont go into it full time , I just want to learn just enough lang

FAFA,
PM sent.
We can talk about GOLF...or
GULF.

batangueno
05-04-2009, 09:59
Si pogi na magtuturo sayo. Pro na pro yan. Puro kalokohan matututunan mo. hahaha.

Allegra
05-04-2009, 20:00
Ay gusto ko rin yung kalokohan!

pogi
05-04-2009, 20:40
Si pogi na magtuturo sayo. Pro na pro yan. Puro kalokohan matututunan mo. hahaha.

AY OO!
Magkakaroon kayo ng 74 girlfriends na umbrella girls.

MR. SLIM,
How you?

Wp.22
05-04-2009, 21:23
di kaya ng powers ko ang puro lakad ang mahal kasi ng green fee kay di maka rent ng carts.

mansky
05-04-2009, 22:20
Any golfers here? here, been at it for the past 15 years. really quite hard to "master". a VERY humbling sport
Have some questions lang
How do I get started sa golf? as suggested by most, try to find a golf driving range and seek out a teaching pro at the site. they're names are normally posted prominently at the ranges. if not posted, you could try to inquire at the cashier where you pay for the balls. or you could even ask around the "tee boys/girls". the persons teeing up the ball for you...

i think going rate for golf teaching pros is at P300/hr. and depending on the range you either pay per hour for the ball or by the bucket. after your range time you tip the tee boy/girl

How much ang equipment? if your going to the range with friends try to borrow some of their equipment first. the 7-iron or the 5-iron is usually the club that most pros ask newbies to start their learning sessions. BUT if your really going to invest in equipment it may range from about 5-8k for second golf sets up to almost 100k or even more for really expensive branded sets.

where to buy? there lots of golf shops now around. most major malls have at least one shop that specializes in golf equipment. i know there's one in festival and also in atc. alabang. you could check out a shop in atc that sells second hand equipment.

I'm based in Laguna ... try also going to the golf courses in your area. marami sa laguna!! they also have pro shops where you can also check the available golf equipment being sold there. for second hand sets, the teaching pro you will engage should have a tremendous source of second equipment. i have to warn you though that they are normally in for the "negosyo" side of the business. walang katapusang turuan para naman kumita sila....

hope this helps

ps. if your being invited by clients... GOLF is the best way to get an appointment with them. not to mention you have their utmost attention for at least 4hours!!!! =)

mansky
05-04-2009, 22:22
check out this site: pinoygolfer.com

Allegra
05-04-2009, 22:57
Any golfers here? here, been at it for the past 15 years. really quite hard to "master". a VERY humbling sport

ps. if your being invited by clients... GOLF is the best way to get an appointment with them. not to mention you have their utmost attention for at least 4hours!!!! =)[/COLOR]

Yup , that was I was thinking lalo pag foreigngerms
Di ko naman sila kasi pwede imbitahin mag shooting , triathlon , jiu jitsu
Di ko naman type ( ang presyo ) mag ktv
Tama lang golf

mansky
05-05-2009, 03:03
pwede ba akong mag apply na AE mo sir??? =)

sole responsibility is to entertain your foreingerm golfers!!! hehehe

batangueno
05-05-2009, 09:25
AY OO!
Magkakaroon kayo ng 74 girlfriends na umbrella girls.

MR. SLIM,
How you?

Eto slim pa rin. Hehe.

Allegra
05-05-2009, 18:48
pwede ba akong mag apply na AE mo sir??? =)

sole responsibility is to entertain your foreingerm golfers!!! hehehe

Di nga ako magaling mag entertain e , I think I'm anti -social
Pang eat bulaga pa mga jokes ko haha hindi nila ma gets

atmarcella
05-06-2009, 00:31
i like golf. i play it all the time. everytime im not doing anything i play golf.

in my cellphone hehehehe

:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

pogi
05-06-2009, 06:26
Eto slim pa rin. Hehe.

HEH!
Nagustuhan naman tawagin siyang Mr. Slim.

HUWAG NA HUWAG KA MUNANG UUWI DITO HA?
baka may dala kang HEYTS 1-EN 1 :faint:

New_comer
05-06-2009, 08:40
Visit Proline or Golfer's network for cheap clubs. Sa Glorieta, may second hand shop that sells branded irons and woods, laki discount. Ibubungkal mo pa lang naman muna sa lupa eh.

Basta wag lang ma-discourage, since golf is probably the hardest sport to become even fairly average, forget good. If the sport is really for you, you will surely make time to practice, no matter what the situation. It's probably the most addicting sport there is.

Tip lang, don't fall into the equipment trap. It's the Indian, not the arrow. Lastly, if your game is not falling into place, you could always enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

You never really lose. Unless you bet... ;)

batangueno
05-06-2009, 10:27
HEH!
Nagustuhan naman tawagin siyang Mr. Slim.

HUWAG NA HUWAG KA MUNANG UUWI DITO HA?
baka may dala kang HEYTS 1-EN 1 :faint:

Pag-uwi ko maghanda ka na ng maraming Bagwang. hehe.

batangueno
05-06-2009, 10:29
Ang mura pala ng golf equipment dito sa states, parang gusto ko na ulit mag-golf. :supergrin: