Important info for Vets, please read. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Important info for Vets, please read.

deadday
05-03-2009, 16:44
If you received notice from the VA that your information was among that which was on the computers that were lost/stolen/whatever, there is a class action lawsuit in the works right now. Now, I'm not a big fan of lawsuits, but I agree with this one and hope that it gives the VA a wakeup slap. My information does not need to be out there in the open, especially my SSN and DOB..

This lawsuit will "establish a $20,000,000 settlement fund to make payments to SMs who had eligible out of pocket expenses, as well as to cover lawyers' fees, costs and expenses. Any money remaining in the fund will be donated to the Fisher House Foundation, Inc. and The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund."

Claim forms are available at www.veteransclass.com or you can call 1-888-288-9625. You must fill the form out and have it postmarked by November 27, 2009.

The settlement includes "all Veterans, spouses of Veterans, and MilPo who had actual damages from the May 3, 2006-Feb. 11, 2009 that were directly related to the theft of computer equipment which was reported to contain their personal information from the home of a VA employee on May 3, 2006. The settlement also includes all representatives, heirs, administrators, executors, beneficiaries, agents, and assigns of the Class Members."