glad you joined [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glad you joined

AWMP
05-04-2009, 12:38
Have a friend that is a Mason and has been talking to me about it.
Glad you joined? What made you decide to join? Any and all info would be helpful. thanks

zoyter2
05-04-2009, 13:28
Glad you joined? What made you decide to join? Any and all info would be helpful. thanks

I have never once regretted joining. Masonry gives me a greater moral compass than I might otherwise have, as my actions, though I have always acted in a way as to be fair, just and moral, NOW reflect on a huge world-wide fraternity of men better than myself. You just can't let guys of that quality down. :cool:

Masonry gives me an opportunity to serve my brothers, as well as fellow man in ways that I could not do as an individual, all the while giving me thousands of like minded brothers.

I don't care what fraternity you join, and there are some excellent ones out there, I am YET to find one that is more of a literal brotherhood than Freemasonry. It is a fraternal feeling that can only be experienced, not described.

deputy tom
05-05-2009, 15:11

Your friend is a good fellow.If you agree with his thinking then I would suggest you follow his lead.I was impressed with those whom I supposed to be Masons from my earliest years.I followed family tradition and became the fourth generation in America to join.Following several generations in the old country.I have never regretted becoming a Brother of the Craft.YMMV.tom.

bassman-dan
05-05-2009, 16:37
The quick, easy answer is that Dad & Grandpa were Masons. Then, two of my older brothers became Masons and were very active in the Shrine.
I was never too much of a "joiner" so I put it off.
Every now and then, I would meet some of my brothers Masonic friends while hunting, fishing or attending different functions. Unlike many famous Masons, these guys did not have a name you would recognize but almost all of them were the kind of outstanding individuals you would be proud to know. They were a lot of fun to be around but were also solid citizens who were successful in their chosen fields of endeavor. They were the kind of guys that people gravitate towards.
After the kids were grown and gone, I had more spare time on my hands and finally decided to take the plunge. I soon learned that it was a big mistake to have waited so long before joining the Masons. It has been very rewarding in a number of ways. The charitable work is very satisfying and I have also found a fascinating pastime in Scottish Rite research. I've always been a bit of a history buff and the SR has opened my eyes to some fascinating new opportunities in education and self-improvement.
My advice: Don't wait!

jetboatdriver
05-05-2009, 21:55
Absolutely glad I joined - greatest Fraternity in the world

I wanted to be around people like the men in my family who were Masons and I wanted to give back
Information - 2B1ask1 - you will get information all along your journey

lens
05-06-2009, 10:13
My only regret is . . .

That I didn't join sooner!

I knew nothing about Masonry, never went looking for info about it either. One day my good friend (Police Chief) asked me if I knew anything about Masonry or if I wanted to learn something about it. I instinctively trusted the man and went forward.

Turns out that I knew a lot of Masons, but they hid it, and I never knew that they were Masons. If they weren't so secretive about it back 30-40 years ago, I likely would have asked about it and joined up at an earlier age.

AWMP
05-06-2009, 13:07
From all of your answers as well as talking to others I can see that it is a good choice.

neil
05-07-2009, 23:11
I have no regrets. I wish I could have joined earlier.:wavey:

KiloBravo
05-14-2009, 09:31
I would have to say in my honest opinion, that no better group of guys exists. I have come to meet and speak with A LOT of different and interesting brothers. I have always been of the opinion that you should treat those who give respect, with respect in return. So for me personally, it was a no-brainer.

Don't get me wrong though. It was not something I decided to just jump into. From the time I first started considering/researching it to the time I completed the entire process, it was about one entire year. That was just earlier this week as a matter of fact.

I hope that if you decide to go through with it, it is as meaningful and terrific of an experience as mine was!:wavey:

Batesmotel
05-14-2009, 14:00
No regrets at all.

mmsig229
05-18-2009, 11:13
No regrets whatsoever!!! You'll never meet a finer group of people. If you decide to go through the chairs, be prepared for alot of work. I really began to learn about Masonry when I began to learn Charges and Lectures. I'm a Past Master of my Blue Lodge and also in Scottish Rite and York Rite. Good luck in your journey!!

Chuck66
05-21-2009, 14:09
No regrets. One of the greatest things I ever did with my life. My father is a Mason, and was then, and gave me the info about it and let me decide. I've been very happy with that decision.

JayPap
05-23-2009, 11:29
Yes I'm glad I joined.

I worked at a Shriners Hospital when I was a teenager and saw the great work they did.

I figured some day I would join.

This year I am Master of my Lodge and I have no regrets.

The good work that we do in our community and the fellowship I have enjoyed makes it very worthwhile.

grecco
05-26-2009, 13:23
No regrets, except not joining sooner!

deputy tom
05-31-2009, 15:29
Yes I'm glad I joined.

I worked at a Shriners Hospital when I was a teenager and saw the great work they did.

I figured some day I would join.

This year I am Master of my Lodge and I have no regrets.

The good work that we do in our community and the fellowship I have enjoyed makes it very worthwhile.

Thank you for your service at the Shrine Hospital.tom.

capone1925
06-16-2009, 21:18
Greeting fellow brothers of the craft. I myself am a 5th generation Mason in my family. I'm glad I joined. I am more focused on life and priorities more than i have ever been!